Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    With the newer versions 1.1.0.1 and 1.1.1.1, did exactly same thing, but character never appeared. I bought stuff from vendors, moved bps from bank to inv, nothing ever showed up(not even character in IA) so it looks like its stopped recording interactions. I also tested the "record stats" button to make sure it was clicked on, rather than off, but no difference in results

Just FYI, am running AO on Win7-64bit, and AO is installed in C:\AO\Anarchy Online, and I'm testing the zip versions of IA.
    Odd.

Some reasons this usually happens:

- Dependency problems for the hook. The main technical change between 1.0 and 1.1 is that it is now built using Visual Studio 2010 instead of 2008.
    If you feel like it, download "depends.exe" (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) and see if you get a lot of DLLs flagged as "Error opening file." when you open the ItemAssistantHook.dll file in it. (As long as the MSVC*.dll files aren't missing its typically OK)

- AO client is running as administrator, while AOIA is not. AOIA can not connect to a process with higher privilege level. Try running AOIA as administrator and see if that fixes the problem.

- While installing the new version of AOIA, the AO client was running and had a lock on the ItemAssistantHook.dll so it couldn't be upgraded.

Another thing to try:

- Try running AOIA with the "-log" command line option and check the log for errors.

BTW: The "record stats" button only determines if you record org contracts and such on zone. You only need this enabled if you want to generate data for Darkbane's CharacterParser/SkillEmulator.

Hope this helps.

TL7 NanoTech -+- Implant Assembler
    TL7 Solja -+- Angry Bullet Sprayer
    TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler
    TL6 Doctor -+- Health Freak
    TL3 Enforcer -+- King of Disco

I tried 1.1.0.1 with out any preexisting files.

It built a fresh AO database file. I stop and started it to make sure the pop disappeared which it did. I started AO, logged on a toon and zoned a few times. Refreshing AOIS I saw my toon. Looking at the installed directory I see the Bin folder with files and a ItemAssistant.db

I used the Zip file on a Windows XP Home PC. AO is installed on "F:\Program Files\Funcom\Anarchy Online\Anarchy.exe"..

Thanks for fixing the popup issue

I installed in C:/AOIA over existing installs using the .exe. I've had no trouble, but I have only one account so far. The newest version fixes the db message for me, too.

Thanks! I can't imagine playing AO without ItemAssistant.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

edit: I got it going, although it did give me some wonky errors when trying to use the installer.

love this program
    Last edited by nubbs; Nov 16th, 2011 at 02:44:58.
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Odd.

Some reasons this usually happens:

- Dependency problems for the hook. The main technical change between 1.0 and 1.1 is that it is now built using Visual Studio 2010 instead of 2008.
    If you feel like it, download "depends.exe" (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) and see if you get a lot of DLLs flagged as "Error opening file." when you open the ItemAssistantHook.dll file in it. (As long as the MSVC*.dll files aren't missing its typically OK)

- AO client is running as administrator, while AOIA is not. AOIA can not connect to a process with higher privilege level. Try running AOIA as administrator and see if that fixes the problem.

- While installing the new version of AOIA, the AO client was running and had a lock on the ItemAssistantHook.dll so it couldn't be upgraded.

Another thing to try:

- Try running AOIA with the "-log" command line option and check the log for errors.

BTW: The "record stats" button only determines if you record org contracts and such on zone. You only need this enabled if you want to generate data for Darkbane's CharacterParser/SkillEmulator.

Hope this helps.
    -Dependencies - Tried checking out the dependencies with the depends.exe you pointed me too. Says GPSVC.DLL and IESHIMS.DLL are missing. I tested the same dll in the install of 1.0.1.488 I have working and it says the same thing so I'm assuming its not a problem

-Running as administrator. Tried this as well by starting it with "Run as administrator" but still no luck, nothing being recorded

-Whenever reinstalling IA, I always close down all AO clients before doing so, so thats not a problem

-Running with -log resulted in the following log

Logging Started
    Version: 1.1.1.1
    Current Directory: C:\AO\AO Stuff\ItemAssistant\Test
    Using AO Folder at: C:\AO\Anarchy Online
    Attempting to inject C:\AO\AO Stuff\ItemAssistant\Test\ItemAssistantHook.dll
    OnFileExit()
    Storing window rectangle.
    Posting close command.
    Logging Terminated
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Tried a few extra things to try and narrow down the cause.

1) Tried using the installer version of 1.1.1.1 and installed to C:\AO\AO Stuff\AOAI. Still no dice

2) Thought maybe the space in "AO Stuff" may be playing up so installed IA to C:\AO\AOIA.

3) Tried running in compatiblity mode - Windows XP(SP3) and Windows XP(SP2).

No luck. Any other suggestions?

Logging Started
    Version: 1.1.1.1
    Current Directory: C:\AO\AO Stuff\ItemAssistant\Test
    Using AO Folder at: C:\AO\Anarchy Online
    OnFileExit()
    Storing window rectangle.
    Posting close command.
    Logging Terminated
    Hmm.. this indicates that the DLL injection into the AO client process was successful, so the problem must be on the communication side.

Do you have some anti-virus software installed that might be interfering?

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Hmm.. this indicates that the DLL injection into the AO client process was successful, so the problem must be on the communication side.

Do you have some anti-virus software installed that might be interfering?
    I've got MSE(Microsoft Security Essentials) running, but thats never proven to be a problem before with the previous versions. Just as a test I disabled it and re-ran the tests, but no luck there either.

Just out of curiosity, I compared the number of files in each version and I noticed that I'm missing the following files from the latest version(as compared to my working version):

msvcm90.dll
    sqlite3.dll

Are these supposed to be in the latest version? I tried copying them over to the non working version but didn't make a difference.

installer version keeps crashing for me. and I am also having trouble getting it to update movements of items

win7 64

installer error:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: ItemAssistant-1.1.1.1-installer.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4b1ae3c6
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_3477
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7ba58
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ce653
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 3477
    Additional Information 2: 3477f988406c05418b6fa3428d46a1f5
    Additional Information 3: 1a3a
    Additional Information 4: 1a3ae40ecdb01d7c2c9438f078e57208

Just out of curiosity, I compared the number of files in each version and I noticed that I'm missing the following files from the latest version(as compared to my working version):

msvcm90.dll
    sqlite3.dll

Are these supposed to be in the latest version? I tried copying them over to the non working version but didn't make a difference.
    Nope. Those aren't needed any more.

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

tried everything, won't hook....

loaded up v .97 and it worked fine like always

Quote Originally Posted by nubbs View Post
    tried everything, won't hook....

loaded up v .97 and it worked fine like always
    Did v1.0.1 work for you like with cybertron above?

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

I haven't had time to try the versions in between .97 and current yet, but I will.

v1.1.2 is available.

For those that are having problem with it not recording anything, could you try out this version and report back what the new logs in your temp folder contains? (aoia.log and aoia_hook.log)

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

Have just emailed you the aoia.log from latest version. Could not find the aoia_hook.log file. Have also sent the log file from the 1.0.1.488 version(which is latest working version for me) for comparison.

I tried 1.1.2

similar results to previous. not hooking.

Log : Attempting to inject D:\(path)\ItemAssistantHook.dll

repeat above until I close it

no 'hook' log found (I assume no log because it is not hooking)

Mine seems to have issues warning me about player shops. The old one would send me alerts and the new one doesn't.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

I am pleased to say that the new version is working for me

It seemed to not start working right away for some reason, and i can't describe it or say what made it come around, but i did give it some evil looks and a stern talking to.

thanks for your hard work on this!

-----------

not sure if this matters for anything...

there is a few other "findwindow returned" id #'s as well if they are useful for anything I can post 'em
    from hook log:

FindWindow returned: 000C06D2
    Last message was repeated 1 times.
    After SendMessage error code is 0
    Last message was repeated 24 times.
    Last edited by nubbs; Dec 14th, 2011 at 04:25:52.

Quote Originally Posted by nubbs View Post
    there is a few other "findwindow returned" id #'s as well if they are useful for anything I can post 'em
    from hook log:

FindWindow returned: 000C06D2
    Last message was repeated 1 times.
    After SendMessage error code is 0
    Last message was repeated 24 times.
    Thats just additional info that was added in a newer version, and means "all is well" in the sense it found the AOIA window and could send messages without errors.

Thanks for the feedback!

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast