Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: its nice to see one guy loot 50x ql 300 miy armor from1 huge org when rest dont get.

I think the lesson is double pointed, and one does not exclude the other.

Yes. When an event raid or team thing is happening, the best organizaed and ready team\org\blob will win. This i game mechanics, and lets assume TL7 folks know all about that, as we are not a bunch of wow players.

Yes. A company who wishes to create good PR, and good customer engagment should consider the complex implications of an event design and public whiplash.

Both we, as players, and FC, as game owners, need to learn from this.

jus my 2 cents.
    Abalz; .. I feel there is a specail folder for our NT reports, they print it out and make a magazine out of it each month and put them in the restrooms lol

Hermy; Devs : "We thought it be a good idea to give a few professions some insanely good defence, and at the same time make sure those also get to do the most damage, unfortunately NT isnt one of those, so suck it up"

Kinkstaah: It appears they forgot the 0 at the end of the extra damage hit bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    I wonder if this thread would exist if you won the loot?
    Not everyone is so self-centered. If you guys cannot understand the core of my complaint then the issue is with all of you and your failed interpretation and a desire to troll someone who is trying to offer a legitimate concern. I would have supported anyone arguing that this was a poorly designed event regardless of winning loot or not, and I can also assure you that our group would not have rushed over to outdamage everyone else when they tried to seperate and get at least one boss to themselves.

I do not want free loot, that is not the issue.

All of you are supporting a system where every raid, event, and valuable item is controlled by and only rewards the largest org with the single most damage dealing capability only. You are also supporting the zerg bot and point bot mechanics when arguing that players should simply "organize" and outdamage the largest group. I disagree with both of those.

When an event meant to be enjoyed is started, with valuable items meant to reward participitants dropping, all players who participate and give an appropriate amount of effort should be capable of being rewarded. My issue is not that my group did not succeed, it is that ONLY ONE group succeeded and greedily dominated over every other group there. It is their right to be greedy, but that is not something all of you should support.

Events are great, but this was executed poorly. There are alternatives but you would rather flame people for wanting to limit the capability of a powerful group of being greedy than allowing people to voice their complaints and offer new ways of doing future events. That is just childish nonsense. Find ways to support the argument that the event was done fairly and properly rather than repeating this stupid "zomg they want free handouts, they are lazy" cry, it is just pathetic.

Alternatives for events with multiple bosses:

Instanced - groups would have their own access to event mobs which they could either succeed or fail at without interference.

Short term lockout (5-10 minutes on a winning raid's members) - would allow groups of appropriate size who are simply weaker than the single largest group to have a chance at killing a target.

Flags - allow players to fight each other as well as the event mobs, making it more challenging to control loot. (also poses serious problems but still an alternative)

Spawn multiple bosses simultaneously - self-explainatory.

Spread the event over a larger area - rather than clustering all the event bosses together on a small island where the largest group can more or less maintain control.

Provide weaker adds with less valuable rewards - allows the strongest group to focus on the boss and gain the best reward while the adds provide "participation" loot to everyone helping the largest org take out the boss.

Hold the event a seperate day and time from RK1 - this way the largest group at the time cannot be sitting there prepared to control an entire event ahead of time because they have information from RK1 and thus give no other groups without that inside information time to form a large enough force to compete.

If you think that the event was perfect in it's current state, then find an argument for that. One org from one faction should never be given an entire event. That is what happened, and that is not how I feel an event should be.

except they weren't given an entire event, they participated in it with a lot of others, its just they got the kills.

If you had a few more people then YOU would have won the loot but it wouldn't mean the event was given to you.

Quite simply complaining that the people who kill the mobs the most get to loot them is idiotic, regardless of whether its an event or not. Sure more even ways to get the loot is nice but thats an entirely different event.

In this one you had to kill the bosses to get the loot, in another you might have to answer a riddle, another you might have to run in a circle who knows, but complaining that one type of event means everything is bad is ridiculous and just a matter of you being butt hurt about not getting the loot.

Also I beleive the RK1 event and RK2 event where at totally different times so this whole "omg they knew beforehand" is also a load of rubbish like so many of the things you've been trying to say, they didnt know when it was going to happen, they didnt have loads more people than you, they just coordinated and fought better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    except they weren't given an entire event, they participated in it with a lot of others, its just they got the kills.
    Were you even there? One group obtains lootrights on 20-30 event bosses while others get nothing and you do not see the issue here? If one group can do that over the course of the event, you ever consider that there might have been something wrong with the event rather than the entire playerbase that participated there?

No, you would rather call us all lazy, incompetent, whiny fools.

If you had a few more people then YOU would have won the loot but it wouldn't mean the event was given to you.
    No, if we had 20 others, we would have had a similar sized group and would have won SOME of the loot. You know the difference between 2 and 20 right, because that is the power gap we were unable to make up for.

Also I beleive the RK1 event and RK2 event where at totally different times so this whole "omg they knew beforehand" is also a load of rubbish like so many of the things you've been trying to say, they didnt know when it was going to happen, they didnt have loads more people than you, they just coordinated and fought better.
    Wrong, they specifically bragged about knowing the event was going to take place ahead of time and had 5 teams prepared to participate.

Reality and what actually happens > your guessing and assuming.

Anything else, honestly? You want to keep saying that the only people that deserved to kill those bosses was a single org and its members then go ahead, but it really sounds stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Were you even there? One group obtains lootrights on 20-30 event bosses while others get nothing and you do not see the issue here? If one group can do that over the course of the event, you ever consider that there might have been something wrong with the event rather than the entire playerbase that participated there?

Yes, I was, there was not "20-30" bosses, there was about 12, only some of which dropped anything beyond regular dyna loot, on top of that there were hundreds of regular borgs dropping stuff including high ql (granted not 300) miys.

No, if we had 20 others, we would have had a similar sized group and would have won SOME of the loot. You know the difference between 2 and 20 right, because that is the power gap we were unable to make up for.
    Cept the group that won had 2-3 teams tops, you said you had similiar amount, now your saying you where a team of 2? AND YOU STILL THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT THE LOOT?!

Wrong, they specifically bragged about knowing the event was going to take place ahead of time and had 5 teams prepared to participate.

If they did then something naughty is happening, specially since I know that the RK1 event was at 1amish and this one was at 4pmish so unlikely that it was planned to happen at the same times.

Anything else, honestly? You want to keep saying that the only people that deserved to kill those bosses was a single org and its members then go ahead, but it really sounds stupid to me.
    What Im saying that in an event thats around killing mobs for loot, those that get the loot rights should get the loot, thats what the combats about, if you want to get loot without winning lootrights you either need to look for more social events or play a different game. Rather than try and say that any event that isn't ones that you personally like is bad.

I would still like to know the details of the event and what it included.

Do what i'll do. Buy it off them and stop whining
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

And seriously rk2 bunch of pvm carebears
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Were you even there? One group obtains lootrights on 20-30 event bosses while others get nothing and you do not see the issue here?
    So what are those QL300 Miy's sets I've seen clams selling lately? Figments of my imagination?
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Yes, I was, there was not "20-30" bosses, there was about 12, only some of which dropped anything beyond regular dyna loot, on top of that there were hundreds of regular borgs dropping stuff including high ql (granted not 300) miys.
    There were more than 12 and less than 30...let's stick with 20 because I there were more towers than that and each one had a boss spawn from what I saw.

Cept the group that won had 2-3 teams tops, you said you had similiar amount, now your saying you where a team of 2? AND YOU STILL THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT THE LOOT?!
    Sorry, but I am going to believe the people from the actual group that killed the bosses rather than accept your guesses.

I think that when we spawned our own boss we should have had lootrights to that boss and that a larger org should not have been able to just rush over and kill steal it. I also feel that the other groups there should have all had equal capabilities of spawning a boss and killing it.

More than just damage was necessary for that event as well, or do you think the enforcers who allowed those mobs to actually be killed deserve nothing either?

Events are for the playerbase, not one org from one faction. Every event offers something for people participating, and I have never had an issue with any of the events that have taken place over the years. There is no justification for one group winning everything in an event that so many people participated in, its just stupid to argue that.

What Im saying that in an event thats around killing mobs for loot, those that get the loot rights should get the loot, thats what the combats about, if you want to get loot without winning lootrights you either need to look for more social events or play a different game. Rather than try and say that any event that isn't ones that you personally like is bad.
    Nothing wrong with that. The problem is no one else could get loot rights. Everyone should have an opportunity in an event. Was this event to allow one org to profit substantially or to allow everyone to have fun killing some unique mobs in a unique manner with a chance of getting some lucky drops?

Lack of opportunity and allowing a single group to profit from so many boss mobs is my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    Do what i'll do. Buy it off them and stop whining
    It is not the 300 miys and the 300 jobe clusters that are the issue, I could care less about the contents of the loot. Yes, I can see how that could be the problem but it is not. If people would stop just trolling and are actually willing to attempt to understand what my issue is then I assure you it would be good for all players.

Out of the holloween events, city alien raid events, massive dyna boss city events, and random raid events that have taken place over the years, I have probably participated in about 15 or so. Out of all those I have never personally won lootrights to any of the bosses. I did not complain about losing the ability to loot at those events nor have I ever asked for a free handout to make up for it.

The difference between those events and the one this thread is concerned about is the fact that there were more than enough bosses for every group which participated to have had a chance to kill their own boss. It would have been a great event which everyone would have enjoyed, and some people might have gotten lucky. An event with so many bosses, surely it could have been designed to allow more than one group to kill every single one?

I NEVER want to see one group control anything in an MMO. I do not like point bots, zerg bots, individuals controlling a playerbase's ability to raid, people having the power to exclude groups from raids, people being able to kill steal, one group being able to have the sole capability to profit, and I hate it when a large number of players participate in something but get nothing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker View Post
    So what are those QL300 Miy's sets I've seen clams selling lately? Figments of my imagination?
    Ask them. It was not obtained by clan players from the event I participated in I assure you, and the only one that this thread is concerned with is the one I participated in.

All I am saying is that one org should not be allowed to kill every boss in an event when there were so many to be killed. How is that such a terrible thing to complain about that you all want to troll so hard for it?

its the imaginary numbers and stuff you keep throwing about that annoys me most tbh.

its the imaginary numbers and stuff you keep throwing about that annoys me most tbh.
    Unfortunately I cannot be 100% certain on the number of bosses, I do know there were more than 12 though. The size of the other team is based entirely off their own claims, so other than the number of bosses my numbers are either correct or others are lieing.

Let's say there were just 10 bosses though, for the sake of argument. Should 1 group out of everyone who participated really be able to have kill rights to all 10 of those bosses themselves? It was not even about getting good loot or not. In our case, the boss we spawned and would have killed actually did not drop anything good, it is just the thought that we could not even have our own kill out of so many bosses when we took the effort to spawn our own that irritated me.

How many event bosses does one group deserve simply because they were the largest? More than other groups certainly, but all of them just seems excessive and unfair to everyone who participated. My numbers asside, and the reasons people are whining asside, is the issue I am claiming about this event legitimate or not? That should be what is discussed when debating with me, not whether I am greedy, lazy, or whiny as my character has absolutely nothing to do with the point I make.
    Last edited by Gatester; Jan 1st, 2013 at 03:18:23.

I think anyone not recognizing the excessive nature of one group getting a dozen boss kills at a single global event is just being thick in the head. One boss? OK, no problem, 2 or 3? well, I guess ... 12? That's poorly thought out. If ARK is going to have 12 boss events, they better have them alot more often, at various times of the day and spread out all over RK. That random nature will ensure opportunities for many more types of players.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 1st, 2013 at 14:03:50.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

It was your own fault for following us around till there where about 4 towers left, nobody stopped you from killing multiple towers at the same time spawning multiple bosses but you only tried that with one tower, at the end.

Wrong, we weren't aware of an event happening until we got the same message everyone else got. We where just lucky enough to have someone who plays on both servers online at that moment. He was at the RK 1 version of it and told us what was gonna happen along the way. The 4-5 teams we gatherd where just from people who where online at that moment.

Also 2 days later (last sunday) there was another Cyborg event where everyone got invited to a large RK mission full of lvl 250 mobs who dropped 2 items each. Upon returning to the GM/ARK that was running the event everyone could turn in 1 item and get 2 pieces of 300 miy armor.

Just accept the fact there are different kind of events, and that some of them involve DD contests where not everyone wins and others dont.
    Last edited by Deathsrow; Jan 1st, 2013 at 15:18:32.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I think anyone not recognizing the excessive nature of one group getting a dozen boss kills at a single global event is just being thick in the head. One boss? OK, no problem, 2 or 3? well, I guess ... 12? That's poorly thought out. If ARK is going to have 12 boss events, they better have them alot more often, at various times of the day and spread out all over RK. That random nature will ensure opportunities for many more types of players.
    I think anyone doing an event and getting OD'd 12 times on 12 different bosses and not realizing they need more people in their team isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, if you know what i mean.

i mean, . even the thickest of labrats would figure out what to do in a situation like this.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 1st, 2013 at 19:36:26.

Perhaps, but that isn't really relevant and doesn't address the problem here. FC shouldn't be hosting events that allow such ridiculous things like that to happen. The complaint here isn't people getting uber loot or even about the looting system. An ARK-spawned 12 boss event? One group getting all the loot? That's a really nice coincidence. :/ Would this thread have the same level of opposition if it have been 25 bosses? A what point is their a difference between being right place and right time vs. being catered to? Seems to me that point was much lower than 12 bosses.

From where I sit, the intention of the raid doesn't seem to be fulfilled. If your making 12 bosses, I think the idea there is to ensure opportunities for many individuals, not the same group 12 times in a row. /shrug. I have seen alot of things from the ARK and GM's that don't instill a lot of confidence in their capabilities. This just adds to that. I get that they try these things to make some random fun in the game. I just don't believe this was all that well thought out and hence the result is people questioning the purpose.

I wasn't there but in the interest of a better opportunity for greater participation, I would have spread these out a little over time, all over RK or in some key cities or just spawned them simultaneously in different spots so the same group wouldn't be rewarded over and over again. perhaps that's just hindsight but it's not like this game is a few months old. Isn't there a history there to guide the planning of these things? I know there is. There are periodic events like this in the past .... just not with 12 bosses. From what I can tell, it was just one place, one boss after another.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 1st, 2013 at 16:04:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Perhaps. That doesn't mean FC should make events that would allow such ridiculous things like that to happen either. The complaint here isn't people getting uber loot being given or even about the looting system. An ARK-spawned 12 boss event? One group getting all the loot? That's a really nice coincidence. From where I sit, the intention of the raid doesn't seem to be fulfilled. If your making 12 bosses, seems to me that the idea there is to ensure opportunities for many individuals, not the same group 12 times in a row. /shrug. I have seen alot of things from the ARK and GM's that don't instill a lot of confidence in their capabilities. This just adds to that. I get that they try these things to make some random fun in the game. I just don't believe this was all that well thought out and hence the result is people questioning the purpose.
    No, thats just you guys being retarded. The event wasnt ARK-spawned bosses, they put down 20ish towers all spawning a boss upon destruction. Its your own fault for following a bigger group the entire event and getting odded on all of them.

You could of killed multiple towers and spawned multiple gens on which we where not able to win dd at the same time but you didnt.

Just accept your failure, good luck trying again next time and instead of mindlessly following other groups around think for yourself.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsrow View Post
    No, thats just you guys being retarded. The event wasnt ARK-spawned bosses, they put down 20ish towers all spawning a boss upon destruction. Its your own fault for following a bigger group the entire event and getting odded on all of them.

You could of killed multiple towers and spawned multiple gens on which we where not able to win dd at the same time but you didnt.

Just accept your failure, good luck trying again next time and instead of mindlessly following other groups around think for yourself.
    The quote in your sig is almost uncanny.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsrow View Post

Like I said, I wasn't there so I don't know the details of the raid, so I will simply exclude myself from your 'retarded' classification. I just don't agree with raids set up to allow what happened to happen. Regardless of the details, the ARK was involved and the raid was conceived by them.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 1st, 2013 at 16:34:58.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast