Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

I hoped you wanted to fix whole pvp range finally and it is only about BS.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Can froobs enter BS? (random question ftw)
    I'm mainly thinking that they would maybe enjoy the "endgame" 200 BS since 200 is their max level. They wouldn't do terribly well vs expansion pack twinks but still, I'm just curious.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Don't get this comment.

174's are already open to attack from TL7's at towers so whats to stop them from leveling to 189 or even higher. Gaining more IP and perks is nothing to be upset about.

It's the guys that have levelled twinks to 160ish as recommended that will see their 174 rivals get stronger that should be crying.
    There's a LOAD more 220s than 219's out there though, especially if you're going to look at "decently twinked" toons.

And I wouldn't for the life of me make a "BS only" twink, ever, especially not at such an expensive levelrange as TL5.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

make sure to include a higher VP gain in BS too FC, the current VP earnage is just WAY too slow (could make it increase incrementally with level range, for instance)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Can froobs enter BS? (random question ftw)
    Yes, they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    I have to say i used to be one of those people, daily BS mish changed that, having a guranteed reward at the end removed 95% of the frustration for me and i started looking at BS as less of a chore more of an interesting diversion, from time to time i even go there when i dont need VP now. I think most anyone can tolerate 1 BS a day and maybe even learn to enjoy it, some might also find it a motivation to level and get their own back!
    Just because a BS runs doesn't make it a success as a PvP zone though. While some may decide to twink up and go back for the PvP others won't. With this wider range even more will be at an even greater disadvantage for longer than before. That surely would put a bad taste in their mouth regarding BSs.

With this change BSs are going to be a place with a reward rather than than a place to PvP for people looking to PvP even more than they are already. BSs were apparently suppose to be PvP zones that FC thought would get filled up by people looking to go for the fun of PvP alone. That is what we were told very early on, now it's going to be a place with huge rewards and wide uncompetitive level ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    And I wouldn't for the life of me make a "BS only" twink, ever, especially not at such an expensive levelrange as TL5.
    Well I did. And I bet I wasn't alone. Obviously not everyone shares the same goals as you.

Red face

I for one am making a level 1 SUPERTWINK!!!

Bring on the level 30's!!

Ahem.

Syph
    Sypheres - Level 220 / 28 Doctor
    Syphertech - Level 220 / 16 Techno Arch-Wizard (apparently)
    Provox - Level 220 / 17 Soldier
    Dolarhyde - Level 220 / 17 Agent
    Vjeshtitza - Level 220 / 20 Shade

Server 1st!! First 220 Opifex Female Clan Doctor RK1/RK2!

First!

lolol@ the concept of running a lvl1 around bs. the round would be over before you leave B.

Will be fun farming VP on a 150 against a bunch of new lvl200 twinks.
    Last edited by Colawrenn; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 17:50:56. Reason: 'teh lulz'
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
    I for one am making a level 1 SUPERTWINK!!!

Bring on the level 30's!!

Ahem.

Syph
    Level 1 with no IP in body dev and then ask the level 30 enf twinks in there to cast absorb on you >.<
    Level 1's capping all 4 spots without dying.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

too bad I won't be able to kill 49s anymore on my solo score farm - they gave good points!
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

Ain't GTH also locked to lvl200?

People already did BS twinks without any purpose to use them in NW/open pvp. Level 200 opens up so much very overpowered tools against tl5's that it's a solid fact that people will do lvl200 twinks for BS.

Many people (me included) also had the habit of stopping their leveling grind at 174 for some twinking and a few weeks of farming VP before leveling up because the tl5 BS is generally more fun than the tl7 one (because of less op'd tools on most professions, except traders, agents and nt's ofc). I will definitely still take the break from leveling and get the VP's from this tl5/6 range, but instead of doing it at 174, i will do it at 200. HH@B, research devices and ****load of tl6/lvl190/200 capped stuff makes it so much easier...
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Level 1 with no IP in body dev and then ask the level 30 enf twinks in there to cast absorb on you >.<
    Obviously someone didn't get the memo on the absorb nerf which was, what, 2007?

What I am wondering is whether they will fix the negative PvP score thing - last time I checked, killing a level 20 on a level 49 did give negative PvP score :s
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

"removing the pet-bane "steps" around teleporters"
    THANK YOU <3

along with next profession changes, we need to have some video showing improvement so far on new engine. i mean it, the soonest the best. i think the players coming to your office are a good occasion for it.
    i also think even not finished, showing some solid news that side would be helpful to communicate, prepare the ground for advertising, and show sceptical people this is "really coming soon" (not just TM !).

ps : new ranges are nice.
    Last edited by bitnykk; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 18:08:10.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Obviously someone didn't get the memo on the absorb nerf which was, what, 2007?

What I am wondering is whether they will fix the negative PvP score thing - last time I checked, killing a level 20 on a level 49 did give negative PvP score :s
    Hehe, I blame the fact that I don't drink coffee
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Will HHAB be 201 locked?
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Actually, this is pretty funny. Let's see, as a lvl 1 Nanomage with no IP body dev and stamina, and with no imps or equipment that buff either of these two stats, I should have what, 25 hp? So, get lucky and have a fixer in the BS that can cast Rebinding Sutures on you and get even more lucky with an enfo for Thicken Skin and you are essentially invincible? Not that you could kill anything, but you would be a capping machine.

Of course, it's going to take you approximately an hour and a half to run from one cap point to the other, but you can just station 4 lvl 1s at all the cap points and it's game over for the lvl 30 twinks. It is teh lawlz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Actually, this is pretty funny. Let's see, as a lvl 1 Nanomage with no IP body dev and stamina, and with no imps or equipment that buff either of these two stats, I should have what, 25 hp? So, get lucky and have a fixer in the BS that can cast Rebinding Sutures on you and get even more lucky with an enfo for Thicken Skin and you are essentially invincible? Not that you could kill anything, but you would be a capping machine.

Of course, it's going to take you approximately an hour and a half to run from one cap point to the other, but you can just station 4 lvl 1s at all the cap points and it's game over for the lvl 30 twinks. It is teh lawlz.
    Lol, not really, one smash from a decent weapon and the absorb's gone + a 30% cap, then hot heals, then repeat 4 hits and you're a winrar 30.

Oh speaking of which, if someone *OUTSIDE* someone's regular PvP range kills a lowbie, they get negative PvP score. IE a 49 vs a 20 = negative xp. Might want to look into that?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

210-220 already is/was a nightmare between 210 and 215, now the nublet-kill-farmers (you know who you are on RK2) get even more cheap meat for the grinder.

Bad idea, Means. If anything, it will drive many people even further away from BS.
    ಠ_ಠ

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast