Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 30th, 2010 - Go Go Community!

Woot Shade lub ftw! social armor here i come!
    Mashershade 220/30/70 Shade
    Capsaisin
    220/28/60ish NT
    Mashermasha 150/20/35ish Enfo

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Wiseman: When you removed the book from the cradle, did you speak the words?
    Ash: Yeah, basically.
    Wiseman: Did you speak the exact words?
    Ash: Look, maybe I didn't say every tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.

Replace "Wiseman" with "Means" and "Ash" with "Kintaii" (and "speak the words" with "export your stuff") and you pretty much have every pre-patch conversation ever.

Enfo proposed changes ... I can't wait to see it.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    now you guys are helping us out with a badly needed upgrade to the default AO planetmap. Onack has supplied us with a "spoiler free" version of the map that all of you have been using for years (tweaked based on suggestions from all of you) that we are hoping to get in as the default map as soon as humanly possible.
    This little implemented "fix" will do a BIG difference for new players...there has been thousands of new players trying AO not knowing where to go and never finding out either. The default map has always been a bad joke. I have, without exaggeration, linked Onack`s map on forum so many times over the years, that if I was given a $ each time...well you see where im heading with this.

Give Auno.org and Xyphos.com some kudos too

Removing shade tags = love it!

I am sorry that I don't remember specifically who asked me about a particular helmet being "not Shade" this week. As a team we have decided the "not Shade" tag is bad and will be removed from pretty much everything...ok..actually everything. There used to be some reason for it...but it stopped being valid a long time ago.
    Is this coming with the new update scheduled this coming week?

If not, what is the ETA on this change?

Are Implant included, I'm assuming so since you said everything?

Will Shade spirits become usable by other professions?

Will Symbiants get unlocked for all professions to use (including shades)?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

This update will also include new code to prevent friendly auras/aoe's from affecting your opponent in duels.
    Finally crats can fight their own faction is duels
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    stuff
    From what kintaii said to me, this is another rebalance change and will be released timed as such. There was no particular mention of imps/symbs in our conversation, but personally i think as long as spirits are reworked/rebalanced shades have no need for access to symbs/imps.
    Last edited by Khione; Jul 30th, 2010 at 18:48:58. Reason: grammar
    Khione ::::::: 220|24|70 ::: Lich
    Cynical :::::: 219|24|66 ::: Finalizer
    Scyra :::::::: 218|18|44 ::: Field Marshal
    Oussrahel :::: 174|13|42 ::: CEO
    Lithhium ::::: 168|06|14 ::: Minister
    Tethaealla ::: 126|07|35 ::: Vigilante

I'm assuming correctly that the "not shade" tag being removed from items does not extend to implants?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Don't think so, as implants don't have a "No Shade" tag on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Don't think so, as implants don't have a "No Shade" tag on them.
    Didn't think so. That's kewl.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

There used to be some reason for it...but it stopped being valid a long time ago.
    2 reasons

1) shades are weak and feeble creatures.

2) shades breath through their ears and helmets would make them suffocate.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Hopefully you guys are meticulous at documenting now so that 5 years from now we don't have some Dev explaining a delay away as 'poor documentation 5 years ago..'
    Tis the fervent hope of every project manager.... the reality always seems to disappoint though...

X

As a team we have decided the "not Shade" tag is bad and will be removed from pretty much everything...ok..actually everything.
    Great, because they didn't get enough run speed and defense/offense lately.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I would love to thank Means for taking contact with me today. This will indeed help both new and old players that do not have a 3. party map installed. I would also thank the community for the help and suggestions and AO-Universe for taking me in.

Shades were already capping RS. But yeah, more RS helps when snared.

Quote Originally Posted by Onack View Post
    I would love to thank Means for taking contact with me today. This will indeed help both new and old players that do not have a 3. party map installed. I would also thank the community for the help and suggestions and AO-Universe for taking me in.
    I am pretty sure that as a team, we need to thank YOU! You are so modest It is an absolute pleasure to work with you, Onack and I am thrilled that you have your work on the brink of being in everyones default install!!

I, for one, welcome our new Asian looking shade overlords.
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    2) shades breath through their ears and helmets would make them suffocate.
    You should see us eat...

Quote Originally Posted by Khione View Post
    *is shade*....*has no hat*...=(
    YEA ,, who do i have to b___ to get a hat??
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Quote Originally Posted by tasker_healer View Post
    YEA ,, who do i have to b___ to get a hat??
    The fates determine who gets hats.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Looking forward to see Neutral faction getting tokenboards and Agents being able to use every single item under mimic certain profession.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast