Thread: Team bonus

Team bonus

You get a team lvl when you are for a longer period of time with the same members.

How about if you team up with prof X you get a specific team boost, resist etc. Combinations can be made by the already present Artil, Support, Infant, Control en Extrem subclasses.

If you team atleast 3 of those types you get bonus x add a forth you get bonus X and abit extra and if you have all 5 types in team you get the max team buff aura?

Must say that's a interesting idea. :-)
    But it works just like a buff/aura no? If you team a crat the whole team gets the AAD boost..
    And a few classes uses combinations of symbs.. not a full set of one :-) How would that work out?

Could be done by class, such as...
    Enfo in team all members get +1 bod dev per hour cumilative up to +5 after 5hrs teamed.
    MP all players get additional -1% nano cost
    NT all players get +1 nano delta
    Doc all players get +1 heal delta
    Fix +1 ncu
    Advy +10 run speed
    Trad +1 comp lit
    Agent +10 concealment
    keeper +1 aad
    shade +1 aao

these 2 might be OP?
    ma +1 crit maybe +1 all evades instead
    crat +1 xp maybe +1 to all resistances instead
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Agent +10 concealment
    Those would definitely fix any problems getting teams for either of those professions.

Not really meant to be game changing or ground breaking just a little something extra.

But if those player balance changes ever go through that nano cost might make a huge difference for MP's.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

And if you go afk the game automatically removes you from team?

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Could be done by class, such as...
    Enfo in team all members get +1 bod dev per hour cumilative up to +5 after 5hrs teamed.
    NT all players get +1 nano delta
    Doc all players get +1 heal delta
    Fix +1 ncu
    Advy +10 run speed
    Trad +1 comp lit
    Agent +10 concealment
    keeper +1 aad
    shade +1 aao

these 2 might be OP?
    ma +1 crit maybe +1 all evades instead
    crat +1 xp maybe +1 to all resistances instead
    One of these things is not like the other. Also you forgot someone.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    One of these things is not like the other. Also you forgot someone.
    I think he was implying they would all stack up 5 times, he just didn't feel like typing it out each time.

And don't worry, engis can have +tradeskills

to be honest, all these 'game-mod-suggestions' seems most subjective. It might not seem like a "big deal" but fortunately / unfortunately AO consists of 30% greenies, 60% regulars and 10% hardcores. It's an entertaining proposal, but I think something like this would just push the unbalance-bar in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think he was implying they would all stack up 5 times, he just didn't feel like typing it out each time.

And don't worry, engis can have +tradeskills
    I was more referring to the fact that they were all useful in combat except traders + comp lit (agents conceal is honestly pushing it, but I guess technically it is useful).
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    I was more referring to the fact that they were all useful in combat except traders + comp lit (agents conceal is honestly pushing it, but I guess technically it is useful).
    Was mid-lunch brainstorming, but i forgot both...

Engi +10 ac
    Sol +1 dd

Trad I didnt want to overlap team/umbral wrangles, but it was just a quick idea not a long thought out suggestion.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

All i can foresee if everyone having a trader alt logged in 24/7 teamed with all their alts for the comp lit buff for twinking purposes. Might just be a well-intended mechanic that is used to help afk-ers.

The whole idea though has potential... I like the idea of the different SL Prof classes perhaps having different bonuses (sup, ext, ctrl, etc)

Interesting concept, without getting into particulars, I'd suggest that any modification be % based somehow.. that way it scales properly based on player level and continues to be some sort of teaming motivation regardless of level.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I like the idea but I fear doc/crat/soldier would get uber bonuses and the rest would still be on /lft.

The wanted professions should get a negative effect instead of a positive, to help negate how wanted they are. The AO I know and love has trade-offs.

Team level, what does it do? Many have no idea, or thought it had to do with loot. So, here goes. Team level effects how well your team fights, the higher your team level the better you hit, the better your nano's land, the better you dodge, etc. Higher team levels increase this effect. It's not all that noticeable but the effect is there.

Quote Originally Posted by unksoldr View Post
    Team level, what does it do? Many have no idea, or thought it had to do with loot. So, here goes. Team level effects how well your team fights, the higher your team level the better you hit, the better your nano's land, the better you dodge, etc. Higher team levels increase this effect. It's not all that noticeable but the effect is there.
    Quote from almighty AO Book (page 73):

Team level
    Teams that stay together for a long period of time get more coordinated, and
    fight better together. With time their team level increases, and they gain a
    small bonus to offensive and defensive skills.
    The team level starts at 1, and can be no higher than 5. Getting your team
    level to 5 takes several hours though, and each time a member of the team
    leaves (or is kicked out), the team level decreases by 1.
    Last edited by Difs; Apr 26th, 2014 at 20:37:53.

yeah, we used to have team bonuses. I tested them with another adv a few years back, iirc, we found no bonuses, and no improvements to anything. we didn't quantify or test the effect it has on experience bonuses tho.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL