Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Assist idea

Paf's actually right about every profession being a PvP profession. The problem, as he/she already stated, is that some players have an expectation that no matter what profession they play they should be able to alpha kill another player with the touch of 2 buttons (exaggerated but practically). AO wasn't built that way. Whoever originally designed this game clearly set it up for you to have strength in a team.

When I played my PvP doc, pre-LE, I did so as a support class. I didn't attack other players outside of throwing out ubt's (and I think wrack and ruin) only when that was my intended role to do so (or it made sense). Usually, my job was to keep my team alive. That's what I did and I was darned good at it. I didn't have a massive kill number or anything like that but I didn't play a doctor to amass solo kills.. I did it to heal. I got my accolades when people were requesting me for their team because they knew I was a good doc.

My MP is my most entertaining character for PvP. She's not in any special PvP setup.. I have her setup for PvM but you better believe I throw on my shield and I irritate the heck out of everyone I encounter and make it easier for other people running with me to kill the enemy. Again, she doesn't have a crapton of solo kills but that's not necessary. I have fun knowing that I can shut people down and that it takes a small army to kill me. I purposely use that toon as a distraction to get players to waste time attacking me (so much MP hate I've found) and lead them away from cap points so my side can capture points and get kills.

Anyway, I've lost touch with what this has to do with /assist.

And I agree with ed's point regarding laziness. He actually demonstrated a couple ways that people get around game mechanics to level. I don't think the original devs imagined that the leveling process would consist of people afk on kite hill while a 220 enf/doc tanked mobs that are grey to them and an NT stood in one spot and nuked them. The AO motto is "If the intended way doesn't work efficiently for you, then find a way around it." When skilled players start dragging newbies and unskilled players along for the ride, that is when you start having the issue of people mindlessly playing the game. Take away /assist if you want, but until someone drops an orbital strike on kite hill (that does perm damage.. I already saw the youtube), prevents 160's from being drug along in inferno missions, gets rid of dailies altogether and prevents people from looting nodrop items from instances when they weren't part of the kill team... the n00b syndrome will continue.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 19th, 2014 at 22:36:21.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123