Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Official Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Gathering Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Divalicious View Post
    Well it looks like I will arrive on Friday at 11PM what is the agenda at that time frame.. Also which is the bigger day Fri or Sat. Man I wish they would give out more info.
    Yes, it is coming up on 60 days out and for planning purposes, that is pretty much the deadline for a planned trip. Anything inside of that and the prices will be higher and it will be hard to pin down a cheap price. Anything short of 60 days out and the reservations game of jumping on a cheap price when it appears and the possibility that there will never be a cheap price becomes challenging.

I know the hotel I've booked is now MUCH more expensive than it was when I booked it. They moved my flight as well, so I had to re-book that... looks like I'll be spending some time in Atlanta...

and if all be there u will see a sign with Coming soon tm on it xD
    bin mal wieder da und Schreibfehler dürft ihr immer noch behalten

BTW, that $139 for the hotel is in Canadian $...Taxes are somewhat steep compared to US lodging taxes... There's a federal 5% tax, then Quebec's provincial tax of 7.5% (I think)... Montreal adds it's own lodging tax of 3%.... if you want a minorly overestimated rate per day including taxes, figure $167 Canadian (for the overflow hotel room) or about $175 per night US$ not including amenities (how much you raid the minibar, etc.)

(This isn't a complaint- just informational)
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Quote Originally Posted by Crisalys View Post
    BTW, that $139 for the hotel is in Canadian $...Taxes are somewhat steep compared to US lodging taxes... There's a federal 5% tax, then Quebec's provincial tax of 7.5% (I think)... Montreal adds it's own lodging tax of 3%.... if you want a minorly overestimated rate per day including taxes, figure $167 Canadian (for the overflow hotel room) or about $175 per night US$ not including amenities (how much you raid the minibar, etc.)

(This isn't a complaint- just informational)
    Beats the 20% VAT (Value Added Tax) we have in the UK...
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Just move the party to Florida!
    Thats not a bad idea I'm game for that, heck put it in Destin, Florida I live bout a 45 minute drive away and theres nice beaches so all the more fun hehe
    The Heat of Inferno is burning you alive! You need protection! *grabs sunscreen*

Swiftsoldja ---> 220/26/57 Soldier
    Swifthealer ---> 203/16/18 Doctor
    Swiftma ---> 150/13/17 Martial Artist (S10 Twink)
    Natzuu ---> 60/6/14 Martial Artist (TOTW Twink)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkphicer View Post
    Thats not a bad idea I'm game for that, heck put it in Destin, Florida I live bout a 45 minute drive away and theres nice beaches so all the more fun hehe
    I've been to Destin many times, it is very nice there. Great beaches! I lived in Pensacola for two years, loved that area.

Another idea for hotels, check the hotels at the end lines of the Metro, Angirgion, Honore Beaugrand, Cote Vertu, etc, using the metro to get downtown is easy and cheap, I'm sure you'd save more than the $3 cost of the metro on the hotel rates by doing that.

Just a thought, Cheers!

Edit: I found this.. about 2 blocks from the FC offices.. corner of Guy and Rene Levesque http://www.a2khotel.com/
    Starting at $89 single occupancy. Not bad
    Last edited by Docaholic; Apr 28th, 2011 at 00:13:16.
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Another idea for hotels, check the hotels at the end lines of the Metro, Angirgion, Honore Beaugrand, Cote Vertu, etc, using the metro to get downtown is easy and cheap, I'm sure you'd save more than the $3 cost of the metro on the hotel rates by doing that.

Just a thought, Cheers!

Edit: I found this.. about 2 blocks from the FC offices.. corner of Guy and Rene Levesque http://www.a2khotel.com/
    Starting at $89 single occupancy. Not bad
    Great find Doc. The website does not show internet as included in the cost of the room and does not state a rate for it... I would assume that is a must-have for anybody coming to the 10 year party

Of course even if they charged $20/night for internet that's $30 cheaper per night than the embassy suites.

On a personal note, the embassy suites is a very nice hotel chain. There is one local to me and I have never heard anything bad about the place. Based on that and the fantastic deal being provided by the hotel for FC (ranging from $80 to $650 off normal rates per room per night!) I plan on taking them up on the offer.

Are we suppose to receive an e-mail of confirmation, i sent my request long time ago with no reply

Funcom employee

No, I haven't sent off any confirmation emails yet; will be sending out informational emails to everyone as we draw closer to the gathering date. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    No, I haven't sent off any confirmation emails yet; will be sending out informational emails to everyone as we draw closer to the gathering date. =)
    Just after all of the other non-AO events that weekend sell out and we can no longer do anything else or sometime before that?

Funcom employee

Hey, you guys wanna do other stuff in Montreal knock yourself out. But I've got my hands full trying to get our *own* gathering together; if folks want to do stuff *outside* of the gathering then go for it, but that's all y'all. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Hey, you guys wanna do other stuff in Montreal knock yourself out. But I've got my hands full trying to get our *own* gathering together; if folks want to do stuff *outside* of the gathering then go for it, but that's all y'all. XD
    So that is a 'no' to giving is a rough idea of when other than:
    Friday - Biodome - afternoon or evening...
    Saturday - Unknown, perhaps a Q&A/Tour or both.
    Sunday - Unknown, not even sure about the day even having anything.

Obviously this is the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    So that is a 'no' to giving is a rough idea of when other than:
    Friday - Biodome - afternoon or evening...
    Saturday - Unknown, perhaps a Q&A/Tour or both.
    Sunday - Unknown, not even sure about the day even having anything.
    Friday -
    Noon-ish
    Friday with Means - FIRST!!!!

Late Afternoon/Early Evening
    Biodome - Free Montreal of the monsters and get phat lewt
    Reets Retreat - Players gather to create/renew friendships.
    The Grind - early evening until late (A certain unnamed FC employee will be the raid leader as we invade Montreal's red-light district.)

Saturday -
    Morning
    Ark Tours - Bright and shiny "volunteers" show the hardiest of AO fans the brand new Funcom offices and give them exclusive sneak peaks into what is "Coming Soon" (tm)

Afternoon
    AO developer Interview - obsessed fans question hungover developers
    Daily Mission - teams are formed to spread out and locate and destroy..er procure an item from the loc..er victi...er evil aliens hidden in an area.

Early Evening
    Reets Retreat - Omni/Neutral/Clan sit down and discuss their differences over a can of XXX-Plumbo
    Omni-Med - After a rousing discussion, with a certain lovely content developer, results in injury several fans body parts due to the intervention of the Genele Death Squad there is a period of recuperation (hot tub party)
    Fandom Awards at the The Grind by Gridstream Productions - early evening until late (Party - if you need further description just go to bed.)

Sunday -
    Morning
    Breakfast at the Jobe Luxury Apartments
    Soldier Training with various FC staff (remember if you injure the developer you have to take their job..and you don't get paid for it).

Noon
    Afternoon Tea w/ Tarkhan Zora and Simon Silverstone

Late checkout
    Black Sunday as the MP..er AO fans march wearily out of their hotel rooms realizing the fun is over and the nerf hammer is about to come down.
    Last edited by DaviasI; May 2nd, 2011 at 05:36:20.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

You forgot "Tarasque Raid" Saturday morning: after getting Means rip roaring drunk the night before, we schedule a Tarasque Raid at Means' house 9 hours later, so we can see what a really p*ssed off dragon actually looks like (If someone administers a Globe of Clarity to Means and clears up the hangover, the raid will fail).

Edit: Okay--We gotta get both Means and Kintaii drunk... Tarasque Raid is at Kintaii's house- Beast Raid will be at Means' house after Kintaii sends us to reclaim our baggage at the hotels for waking him up
    Last edited by Crisalys; May 2nd, 2011 at 02:51:08.
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Oh, by the way, after the Biodome raid Friday night, be sure to head down to Old Montreal, the Fireworks on Saint-Jean Holiday are always extra special. (Or make your way to a tall building rooftop, that's a good place to see them too, but it can be windy and a bit chilly up top.)

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Camping

I plan to research camping in the area, may be alot cheeper if something is near by.

and it also ensures you'll end up with a t-shirt.
    What will be on the T? Would be nice to have my character born-on date also.

i rsvp'd.

if anyone wants to split a room, i'd be more than happy to go in

-Justin
    Audaz
    Level 220/AI18 Vampire(RK1)
    Boco
    Level 212/AI14 Techno-Wizard (RK1)
    Advisor of Synergy Factor
    Founder/Former DJ, GridStream Productions

<Chanell> every time i see "this account will remain active" in some engis sig i hear a "cha-ching cha-ching"

Beardedone1++;

Got my room now just need a cheap flight. Just realized after several years of vacation drought this is going to be the 3rd of the year....I like it!
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast