Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Improved Chosen/Faithfull Armor

Up up up!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Painolympics View Post
    Tier armor is retarded to get, and stat wise just as retarded. I'd love to see better tier 3/4 armor. And make a few glyphs that can change the color of it, I hate the purple and orange enfos armor, but if that same armor was all black or red I would have definitely farmed harder for it, and it shouldn't be too hard to simply make an item that combines and changes color. Also make it able to color colored armor, just the ability to change the looks of it after you've changed it incase you don't like it or just want a change.
    lol they did stand out though, i thought the agent chosen was awesomeness. they could add vials of cloth dye, gold black silver and all sorts of colours this gives us some option to our tastes and the game not to run around all looking cookie cutter setups if the engine upgrade happens when they upgrade textures of armours they could add what parts will be changed in colour when they add a vail of colour dye...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

I think a few things should be done with tier armor.

1. i think that t1 and 2 parts to make it should all be made yes drop and maybe even drop more. For the most part they are some of the best looking armor in game and some pieces make for great leveling armor to help toons that aren't twinks. I also think that T3 should be more accessable maybe with yes drop pieces for making it. It will make the game prettier as well as provide solid yet none game breaking armor pieces.

2. Tier armor that is complete garbage should be changed to make it actually useful to profs. This would enhance number 1 and again would allow some nice armor for people that are working for end game.

3. Neuts need T3, if need be require neuts to gather parts for both clan and omni and combine them to make a neut glyph. Call it Guardian armor or PROFF of Shadow armor. It could be Black/gray shaded.

I love the idea of color dye to apply the pieces, would make the "we are look the same" boring trend like we have now change. Would be awesome.
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)

Thumbs up

so you want more better armor so stuff becomes even more /afk mode?
    And ofab sleves are indeed nice for doc

Dont get me wrong, i love the idea of new shiny sided armor. (I bet the artist that made Ofab drives a Volvo. Most booring look on a armor ever. Period)
    Sided armor is artwork (mostly)

- Make phatz harder to aquire, tougher mobs, not just raise the hp bar so it dosent fit my screen
    - Make grey mobs flee when agged
    - Uppdate the toons on character selection screen (cmon, what soldier use a flamethrower?)

Leveling armor to me is truly nice!
    You can't say civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Up !!
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

Up Up!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Ok, Im bringing this back to life! Alien armor is to expencive for a casual gimp like me
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Hell of a good necro
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Great idea, would love to see a new tier brought in Bump!

Also, to pick up on something:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandathrii View Post
    Also: Lore: SL has a beautyfull Lore to It, Its a shame to not take a bit further.
    It's been communicated to us that this will be worked on once the whole Borealis plot has finished and settled. So, coming soon™
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Thanks Agentcora! And great News about SL, hope they take a look at the Tier armor aswell.
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Totally agree with you man.

I approve of more alternative armor options :-)

Appreciate the support guys!

Gonna give this thread a "Bye for now AO"-Bump!

U know, Means did like this idea back in 2010, Guess my PM from him says so
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

I support tier 4.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

There are technical reasons that make it impossible to implement this suggestion.

Cannot be added to item-shop.

Why can't they just do a hefty combination quest?

I.E Combined Chosen/Faithful Back/Shoulder Armor with something like the SSC "BASTION" Armor etc

You must have the full upgraded single pieces, a quest is required to be done to obtain items like a vile and/or cloth, plus a few kill missions to gain the loyalty of the NPC Tradeskiller to combine them.

You could do the same combination with:

Chosen / Faithful & The following:

+Beast Armor
    +Single AI ARMOR (of matching QL) - Supple, Strong, Arith, Spirit, Endur, Observ.
    +Notum Tank Armor
    +Miy's Armor Sets
    +Ofab

Or even for lower title levels with tier 1 / 2 armor.

Combined Stats / Appearance / Uniqueness - Would open up a whole new gear setup.

Lets be honest, who isnt sick of seeing everyone wearing the same thing running around RK/SL.

Bump for this, tier armor is the flagship armor (or it was when the game was released) but now its just social. The armor looks great and should have new life blown into it. Also, i don't know how many have farmed for tier lately but the parts defo need to be yes drop or have a much higher chance of drop. This is often left to the responsibility of org members to help farm due to the difficulty of the mobs and all tier two is is punishment for the people that agree to help to farm it. Ive taken an org member in three times over the past month and spent literally hours and the person i took still doesn't have enough pieces to upgrade a single piece. Considering its a social item now... Its too much.

I swore that I would never, ever farm Tier armor again after doing it for my MP. To this day I've stuck to it. ****ty drop rates, huge mob HP relative to level & the general ball-ache of the whole process is a deterrent to me.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Suppose the mobs, specially the T2 relevant ones could be adjusted. But I really like the idea in general. Just gotta be damn careful as to not make make even more OP armor than Combined Alium.
    Better ACs, and at least one additional skill/abi per piece as well as improved exisiting mods would probably be fine. Still keeps the spirit of Tier. But loose the out-of-date-ness.

A Set Bonus would be nice, too. As in wear at least 5 parts of it and get +40% resist to ransacks/deprives. Wear 4 or less and you get +0%.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast