Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heroic versions of existing AO instances

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I would bump Heroic outdoors and or non-instanced pande.

I did ask Means abot supersized mercs a few years ago, he was not negative to the idea but.... soon™
    you made sure he didn't read "supersized hp-bar mercs"?
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

as long some super sized moron don't spawns and train them in player cities around or NW lands...

what about a full heroic shadowlands ? exact copy, but elite mobs everywhere, better/new (rare) loots, etc.
    maybe some challenge (more than farming predators in ely @220)

but as said before, we can have SOME improved drops, but best idea would be ALTERNATIVE setups (ie inamorata/sacrosanct weapons scaled to ofab/dreads/beast weapons, xan infused & stuff.)
    also add a new beast armor, the blue version (with or without new mods, interesting part is social and showing off how we are sexy in the blue beast armor, and how red one is lame now)

about alternative weapons, make something with (ie) xan of pride stats, but with a sword skin.
    make 1he weapons looking like swords OR axes.
    etc..

and yes i want a full auto hammer

Hm. What would make people want to do these instances? If the loot is the same as the original zone then would people actually bother to do it?
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    Hm. What would make people want to do these instances? If the loot is the same as the original zone then would people actually bother to do it?
    I'm not sure if you didn't get the original suggestion or you're asking why people would be interested in getting upgrades.

If it is the first, then to clarify.. the original suggestion is for he heroic version to have the same/similar item but a different quality level. If your statement is in regards to the later, then... I don't know.. why do people ever do anything in game to get upgrades of what they already have?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    If it is the first, then to clarify.. the original suggestion is for he heroic version to have the same/similar item but a different quality level.
    I'm still a tad confused, since most items from 'raid' areas are unique (QL unchanging) or are already maximum QL.

Or do you mean bring in 'upgraded' items that out perform the non-heroic versions?

I'm still a tad confused, since most items from 'raid' areas are unique (QL unchanging) or are already maximum QL.

Or do you mean bring in 'upgraded' items that out perform the non-heroic versions?
    I'm not sure how to answer this any better than the information provided in the original post.. I even included a hypothetical example. Also check my replies in posts #7 and #11.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Nov 25th, 2012 at 11:55:48.
    You can find me at:

idea is not to bring upgrades. its only item level that changes for extra bragging rights.
    take a look at advanced scent sensor, ql1 is exactly same as ql200.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    idea is not to bring upgrades. its only item level that changes for extra bragging rights.
    take a look at advanced scent sensor, ql1 is exactly same as ql200.
    I must've really did a bad job explaining this.

Let me try again....

The idea IS to have upgraded versions of the weapons (i.e. better damage, higher skill requirement to equip, better modifiers) in comparison to their non-heroic counterpart.

As someone else pointed out.. think of ToTW versus Inner Sanctum. Many of the items in ToTW are upgraded in Inner Sanctum (example being Barrow Strength versus Might of the Revenant). This is the same concept except I am suggesting that the item name not be changed.. just the stats.

How the devs go about upgrading the QL isn't really something I think we need to work out in the game suggestions area. It doesn't matter if the QL 1 item becomes a QL 2 heroic item or if they make it a QL 300. The point is that the equipment requirements, modifiers, etc are adjusted to be appropriate to how much they upgrade the dungeon in difficulty.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Nov 25th, 2012 at 15:11:43.
    You can find me at:

Ok, I think I get it now.

The only problem is that while it works for lower level encounters, it doesn't work for endgame encounters. In the case of totw and IS, the items are better because the user is higher level. It's not so much of an upgrade but rather 'progression' - the user is higher level, and can now use better quality items. For endgame encounters it doesn't work, since there is no progression from the user (they can't advance past 220), only upgrading - making the old items fairly obsolete.

So, I like the idea of creating 'heroic' versions of lower level encounters (formans, subway, etc), but I don't think it will be a good thing for high level encounters such as pande, apf etc.

For endgame encounters it doesn't work, since there is no progression from the user (they can't advance past 220), only upgrading - making the old items fairly obsolete.
    I don't think the direct heroic method could work with Pande, for instance, but that doesn't mean a heroic version can't be created that provides players with alternatives/variations of existing loot drops.

Using Pande as an example:

- Zod NCU: Depending on your setup (class/pvp-pvm/etc) these can either be great NCU items or total crap. An upgrade or modifier chip of some sort that can be combined with existing Zod NCU would be a cool thing that could be added to the heroic pande

- Beast Armor: A couple pieces are used for twinking and for the most part, that is about it. A changed/different version of this armor would be cool. Maybe it is not a direct upgrade per se but something that is more competitive that would make beast armor worth wearing. Again.. to not make the old content obsolete, body part upgrade items can drop that need to be combined with the original pande armor to come up with the new/improved version.

- Tier 3 Glyphs: I could write 12 pages on my thoughts on Tier armor but I won't. There are a myriad of things Funcom could do to improve tier to make it something competitive for 2012. The tier glyphs, at the moment, aren't worth anything.. maybe they could look at making something else drop from trash mobs that give a full upgrade from t1-t3 or make an improved t3 that makes more sense.

That being said...

There's nothing stating that the current version can't be considered heroic and a lower level version be created as well. It can go both ways. If you take pande, for instance, and make a max level 150 version (just pulling this out of the air) with a scaled down loot table.. that might be entertaining to play out also (while giving people some raid experience at a lower level).
    Last edited by Traderjill; Nov 25th, 2012 at 17:55:12.
    You can find me at:

Maybe combining Tier 3 with DIFFERENT upgrades to OFAB - for example, the Shade legs giving Dodge Ranged instead of Evade CLSC - different but not directly superior.

There's nothing stating that the current version can't be considered heroic and a lower level version be created as well.
    Now, this I can get on board with

If you take pande, for instance, and make a max level 150 version (just pulling this out of the air) with a scaled down loot table.. that might be entertaining to play out also (while giving people some raid experience at a lower level).
    I'd resub for a 150 pande.

maybe for further clarification: the usual item progression a character runs through in wow is: quest items / normal mode 5-man dungeons -> heroic 5-man dungeons -> normal mode raid content -> heroic raid content

the items that drop get better the further you are in this chain, but you need the items, in order to be strong enough to beat the content. it's a tad different in AO, but you could use heroic dungeons to gear up for more difficult content without just buying a set of alien armor.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

bump
    You can find me at:

Good idea.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

If anything like this is ever implemented (pretty sure it wont) I would hope it would be implemented properly.

First, that heroic, or "unheroic" (Scaled down versions) are not made for endgame (or not only) but for several level ranges.
    Second, that more useful loot is added. Preferably something for everybody in each dungeon.
    Third, that good loot is added to regular mobs, not just bosses.
    Fourth, that they are level locked.

Actually thinking about it.
    There wouldn't even be a need to make many "Heroic version" dungeons if the existing ones had decent loot added and they were level locked.

Subway, SoM, Cyborg barracks, ToTW, Avalon Cyborg Domain, CoH, Smuggler's Den, IS and Camelot. All these dungeons could be used for leveling and/or equipping toons if properly organized, level locked and furnished with useful loot.

For SL, Scheol could have level 120-150 solo DR version with the same loot as the team version, Ado would have the team version with a slightly better version of the armor and some extra loot. Pen could give access to a lower version of Pande (175-200?) without beast. Instanced Pande could have the existing loot revised to be useful from 200ish to 220 and the non instanced version could have some endgame loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    If anything like this is ever implemented (pretty sure it wont) I would hope it would be implemented properly.

First, that heroic, or "unheroic" (Scaled down versions) are not made for endgame (or not only) but for several level ranges.
    Second, that more useful loot is added. Preferably something for everybody in each dungeon.
    Third, that good loot is added to regular mobs, not just bosses.
    Fourth, that they are level locked.

Actually thinking about it.
    There wouldn't even be a need to make many "Heroic version" dungeons if the existing ones had decent loot added and they were level locked.

Subway, SoM, Cyborg barracks, ToTW, Avalon Cyborg Domain, CoH, Smuggler's Den, IS and Camelot. All these dungeons could be used for leveling and/or equipping toons if properly organized, level locked and furnished with useful loot.
    What he said..

I think the dungeons is already great(not counting steppes of madness), they just need to be updated in todays AO.

I think we already have more than plenty of endgame stuff as it is, to last a good long while. I would rather see more low-med lvl stuff mainly based on RK, so that EVERYONE can be a part of it, even them pesky fr00bs

At the end of the day, i would love to have more stuff to twink for, instead of just racing towards endgame and finish a toon.

Just my fiddy cent.

Not sure if it's selective reading or what but even the originsl post example was gor non endgame content. In post 30 I also listed an example of a lower level version of pande. If anyone somehow read anything as an endgame only suggestion it must be because they didn't fully read what was written
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 22nd, 2014 at 05:05:44.
    You can find me at:

they do it in aoc. mobs with a ton of hitpoints that takes 4ever to kill.

wtb fix 2 current dungeons (imo is wrong that players can solo totw end boss) and level-locks.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast