Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fresh Start

New Server sounds fine to me

New servers have been suggested before and lots of people thought it was a good idea then, especially servers with special features like: 1) no xfer of money from other servers so everyone's starting from zero (no buying yourself uber), 2) permadeath, so people would actually care about their choices, 3) adult only, so we could bring back the harder core cyberpunk essence of this game - with full nudity, payed hits, graphic damage.

I would go for a server that combined all three, 1/2/3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Permadeath, mehhhh.

I'd prefer the old "loot your ****" method.
    I'm Batman.

I have brought the idea up before.. so +1 from me.

And again i agree that there should be a new server.. but not terminate the current one.

I will admit when the server merge was announced I was secretly hoping it would be a wiped clean slate, even if I had to remake my small army of toons all over again. At least that way new players would see other people outside of cities before they hit Ely Kite Hill range, though I suppose the relative lack of new blood renders that moot.

With the current population though, doing it now would only make people ragequit. It's already quiet enough.
    :E

Yeah, sometimes I feel like they should shut down and do an entire overhaul of the game and call it "AO: Rebooted" or something. They could do a new marketing campaign with gameplay or something and maybe get more players ingame. Either that or sell the rights to another company that cares more and can actually get things done on a reasonable time-frame.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123