Thread: "Ignore" for GMI

"Ignore" for GMI

Please implement a feature similar to "ignore" for GMI poachers that when activated, allows us to never see or sell to the people that put in 1k buy orders for amazingly stupid prices in the hope that someone will mistakenly sell to them.

Simple: Right Click name > Remove from GMI results = never see them again.

Currently I manually ignore every idiot I see on GMI, like the one tonight with a buy order for 5 Joy of the Hunt rifles at 5 creds each. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to sell to this person, but why should GMI be polluted with this stuff?

I love the people who are dumb enough to do this on their play toons as well. If you can't seem to get a buff or a reply, you are probably on ignore for GMI poaching

sounds like someone is mad after losing money

It's your "responsibility" to pay attention to what you are doing, even if it's just a game.

If you want to avoid selling something underpriced, take a moment to actually look at the buy order you are about to sell to, instead of demanding that the devs "foolproof" that part of the game by whatever mechanism for you because you are too lazy to do so.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Red face

No, there really should be this ignore button. the GMI was not invented to be a tool for cheating. But actually, who cares atm when the economy is screwed anyways.

it wont happen (not enough devs to go around) but it's a good suggestion. The GMI interface is clumsy and when it first appeared there wasn't even a confirmation box. Players howled enough so they put it in. One thing that amuses me is the lowlifes trying to get over on each other. E.g., one has a buy order for 10 credits, then another puts in a buy for 11 credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Notevenmad View Post
    Never lost a dime, but I refuse to play with / interact with the kind of people that pollute GMI with this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post
    Never lost a dime, but I refuse to play with / interact with the kind of people that pollute GMI with this garbage.
    unfortunately with the current population an attitude like that is a luxury most people can't afford

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    unfortunately with the current population an attitude like that is a luxury most people can't afford
    It's worth it at any price

Great idea, bump.

I do not want to trade/help in anyway to such players.
    I even had funny situation when I advertised on Neutnet WTS some items and I had reply from such person. I told him that he would have to pay triple price and he went mad
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Yeah i can see the logic to this. I probably wouldn't use this for the buy orders but i think if you ignore someone it should also stop them seeing your offers in gmi. Ive stopped using gmi currently as i generally disagree with the whole over priced thing. I hate the feeling i get of ripping someone off when creating sell orders within price range of other similar items up for sale but too many times ive listed an item for what i think its actually worth as opposed to what i think the max amount of creds i can get for it only to have it bought by someone who relists it for mega profit.

Id use this ignore for those people. Id prefer my items to go to someone who needs.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Notevenmad View Post
    If you hit sell by mistake deal with it. If you are one of the GMI gougers you got what you deserve.

How about an automatic price reduction for stupidly inflated prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Dbdoctorr View Post
    try playing eve...
    Hell yah. My first thought. It's thick in Eve. And I would love a global ignore in Eve. {Edited by Valter: Inappropriate content removed}

In Eve whole branches of the market get submarined by artificially low pricing.
    Last edited by Valter; Apr 6th, 2014 at 00:11:44. Reason: some specifics that I'd best keep to myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

The GMI really should also show you the faction of the person selling, even if its via color coding.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I like that idea Jill. I usually end up checking via guild bot (since I prefer to help my "side").

Great idea!

Gif function to GMI. /ignore also /cc addbuddy so you can sell to friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I know it is a petty thing, but I like to stop by the GMI and search for stuff that I know people will attempt to poach just to fill out my ignore list. Will it make a difference to anyone? Probably not but I enjoy it.

I like the idea above about displaying side as well.

Ignore for GMI! The customer is not always right.

Oh, this is also the ONLY reason anyone is ever in my ignore list. You can troll to your black heart's content on OOC and I don't mind. GMI scamming is just such a lowlife endeavor.