Thread: Global Chat

Global Chat

Global OOC chat would be really nice, it would make the game feel more populated. Sided global OOC's would be nice along with a entire server chat. You can always ignore people you dont want and unsubscribe from the ones you dont like.

Its kinda hard to get buffs and try to get teams when most areas have no players and the chats just seem way too quiet.

Here's how I see a global chat going down:

[Global OOC] ihavecancer1234588: FAST CREDIT DELIVERY!!!!! 500M/$6.95!!!!!! WWW.CREDSPAM.RU/LOSER/!!!!!!
    [Global OOC] ihavecancer1472898: FAST CREDIT DELIVERY!!!!! 500M/$6.95!!!!!! WWW.CREDSPAM.RU/LOSER/!!!!!!
    [Global OOC] Clantoon142: WTS OVERLYPRICED ITEM! PST!
    [Global OOC] Omnitoon455: WTS OTHER OVERLYPRICED ITEM! PST!
    [Global OOC] You: hey guys wats up
    [Global OOC] Complainer999: OMG THIS GAME IS DUMB FUNCOM SUXORZ
    [Global OOC] ihavecancer1478293: FAST CREDIT DELIVERY!!!!! 500M/$6.95!!!!!! WWW.CREDSPAM.RU/LOSER/!!!!!!
    [Global OOC] Complainer593: I KNOW FUNCOM IS LITERALLY HITLER
    [Global OOC] Randomdudezorz: YOU ALL SUCK

Sure you could block it off, but I just see global as getting abused way too much. They had global chat in WoW at one point, and it got promptly removed after they realized it was a GMs worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Triadninja View Post
    lol'd
    Diabetes - teh qt engi
    Anseh - teh nab nanotech
    Lethargic - teh gimp trader

Devil Inside

Global OOC is a bit too much when you think about it. I also think it is overboard to have a combined server chat that all factions can use (it really goes against the 3 faction system in the game imo).

What I'd suggest is the selective linking of major cities based on the way players are populating areas. Right now Clan OOC/Shopping is already linked in West Athen, Old Athen and Tir. It would be nice if that same Clan OOC/Shopping could also be seen in ICC and Borealis.. maybe even the Xan hub area (as an example). In other words, linking cities where people tend to idle.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 12th, 2014 at 15:31:17.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I sort of liked the idea....until I read Triad's post and realized he is totally right.

The bots server a global function, and they allow community moderation to (sometimes) keep it useful.

I guess lets stick with what (sometimes) works.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Global OOC is a bit too much when you think about it. I also think it is overboard to have a combined server chat that all factions can use (it really goes against the 3 faction system in the game imo).

What I'd suggest is the selective linking of major cities based on the way players are populating areas. Right now Clan OOC/Shopping is already linked in West Athen, Old Athen and Tir. It would be nice if that same Clan OOC/Shopping could also be seen in ICC and Borealis.. maybe even the Xan hub area (as an example). In other words, linking cities where people tend to idle.
    Originally for what they intended, the way that Clan OOC and Omni OOC used to work was probably for the better, back when the population of this game was larger, as to prevent spam. With the population as is currently, however, they MIGHT be able to get away with making Omni OOC and Clan OOC truly global within factions (Or at least global in the sense of global in RK, and a separate one for Shadowlands). It just wouldn't ever be feasible to do a real Global OOC, especially since there is, and most likely will always be, conflict between omni/clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Triadninja View Post
    Here's how I see a global chat going down:

[Global OOC] ihavecancer1234588: FAST CREDIT DELIVERY!!!!! 500M/$6.95!!!!!! WWW.CREDSPAM.RU/LOSER/!!!!!!
    [Global OOC] ihavecancer1472898: FAST CREDIT DELIVERY!!!!! 500M/$6.95!!!!!! WWW.CREDSPAM.RU/LOSER/!!!!!!
    [Global OOC] Clantoon142: WTS OVERLYPRICED ITEM! PST!
    [Global OOC] Omnitoon455: WTS OTHER OVERLYPRICED ITEM! PST!
    [Global OOC] You: hey guys wats up
    [Global OOC] Complainer999: OMG THIS GAME IS DUMB FUNCOM SUXORZ
    [Global OOC] ihavecancer1478293: FAST CREDIT DELIVERY!!!!! 500M/$6.95!!!!!! WWW.CREDSPAM.RU/LOSER/!!!!!!
    [Global OOC] Randomdudezorz: YOU ALL SUCK

Sure you could block it off, but I just see global as getting abused way too much. They had global chat in WoW at one point, and it got promptly removed after they realized it was a GMs worst nightmare.
    I'm totally buying that domain...

Easy work around. Global shopping and Global chat.

Level caps should be in place similar to the ones that we have on the current shopping channels.