Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 17th, 2010 - No footage for the greater good

My new suggested range is:

1 to 24
    24 to 55
    55 to 100
    100 to 150 tl4-5
    150 to 174 tl5+
    174 to 200 sec7 twinks can try top tl5 BS twinks for example
    200 to 220

It isn't 100% sure that your new BS will run with your ranges, so e.g. if range 24-55 doesn't run, level 55 can join at least higher range 55-100 and people can choose what they want.
    The most important for these ranges is challenge! Are you boring to be TOP in your BS? Do you want change? Sign up for higher range!
    This option should be there, in NW you won't fight 100-150 with your 150 twink, but mostly only with 150+!!! So you can try both sides lower and higher twinks.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Sep 18th, 2010 at 10:55:28.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Q&A:
    1. new engine (this year ?)
    2. game balance (this year ?)
    3. rubber-banding fix - warping back etc (this year ?)
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

So, just power those twink levels there already are, instead of creating more variation by actually having different ranges? having your ToTW/Fore/S10/insert some other place here twink being top of the level range for BS as well... well, I think that there should be slightly more variation to that.

Also, I do think that the last level range needs to be a lot wider. 215-220 just don't make it. Or make last range for 220 only and see how many of them wants to really play PvP instead of farming leveling greenies?
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

To the people suggesting new ranges:

- you can't all be correct about the knowing 'best' level ranges
    - just because you have a twink a certain level doesn't mean that's a good reason to alter the level ranges
    - do you really think the devs are going to read all your posts, analyse all the new suggested ranges and change them accordingly?

Hey, you know, that "overlapping BS" sounds like the best thing like sliced bread. Considering the original post's ranges, you could have things like:

- 150s could sign up for both lower and higher BSes
    - Same for 210-214 or so
    - Why not level 60s as well
    - Other levels should be looked at too

Having all the BS sign up terminals in the same spot will work towards this. So you can choose to sign up to just one, or to several BSes. The net result should undoubtedly be more running battle stations and less dead ranges. Right? Besides, signing up to a more challenging BS would be by choice.

It'd probably be smart to have some mechanism that removes one from all BS queues when one invite is accepted.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

People bitch about the population of the battlestations all the time. Dont they realize that the level ranges means posted would greatly boost participation because a lot of current pvmers have twinks in those ranges?
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    To the people suggesting new ranges:

- you can't all be correct about the knowing 'best' level ranges
    - just because you have a twink a certain level doesn't mean that's a good reason to alter the level ranges
    - do you really think the devs are going to read all your posts, analyse all the new suggested ranges and change them accordingly?
    - Nope, the only one I am guaranteed positive on is the Notum Repulsor against low levels issue. Zap nano is almost 100% of some of these players nanoskill or nano pools. Also a level 200 cap is only fair to the froobs, rest I have no idea. 30 JAME traders or Tiig enfs would just be stupid too.
    - The only twink I actually care about for BS is my level 1, which doesn't seem to be allowed to join again. Beyond that, I will probably just level to twink accordingly, but I would like to see certain ranges like tl3 to actually run.
    - Not really, not because they suck but due to how busy they are. I know from experience when you are low on staff, you miss things and cannot take the time to go over everything with a fine-tooth comb.

150-174 BS is now dead, 2. in queue and none around and BS doesn't run, it will be more empty without sec10 twinks.
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    My new suggested range is:

100 to 150 tl4-5
    150 to 174 tl5+
    Hey this is scary. I was going to suggest that yesterday but forgot for some reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    you actually managed to give a purpose to crats. Keep it up.
    L-O-L...seriously? crats are the only profession wanted in teams throughout the whole game...

but yea they just got some SERIOUS lub....*rolls crat*
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Question Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    So again...post the questions you asked at the Q&A session here...or the ones you would have asked if you could have made it here.
    Questions:
    1. Is the plan to increase or decrease the number of lvl locked nanos/items?
    2. Is the plan to increase or decrease the number of profession locked items(weapons)?
    3. Is the plan to increase or decrease the number of breed locked items(weapons)?
    4. Is the plan to increase or decrease the number of NODROP items?
    5. Is the plan to increase or decrease the number or rarity of Weird looking Nanos?

The questions are on the intent for AO future (the balancing)

Bonus questions:
    6. What are your thoughts on a AO clasic + Notum Wars server?(that only paying players can use)
    7. Is there a chance of the old PVP rules to return to the main server?
      (so you can be looted, if you have not saved your inventory, and lvl 220 can kill lvl 1 (not in tower wars and cities though) to spark some more user interaction and less solo play)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii
      you will receive all the Veteran Points for that length of time immediately after your payment
    8. Will that mean that the winners of the competitions giving a lifetime subscription to AO will get infinite Veteran points on there accounts now?

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...and we can hope it never falls into the wrong hands or the consequences could be dire.
    0o

May I inquire as to why?

Will new engine support Dx 11?
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy View Post
    L-O-L...seriously? crats are the only profession wanted in teams throughout the whole game...
    The main reason for which, init debuffs in raid encounters where UBT doesn't work, are now gone

Still like the changes overall, though. We're still awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    0o

May I inquire as to why?

Will new engine support Dx 11?
    2 devs 1 cup.

Ranges look awesome, no more complaints!
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Don't know if it's been posted yet or not, but...

Maybe 151-190, then 191-214?
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Questions :

- Will we see efforts to reduce the gap between new players with leveling chars and twinks (ie: making outdated items like tier armo easier to acquire) ?

- With new content and dailies, will we see affected older content like pande or cyborg baracks reviewed in order to give teams or solo players appropriate challenges (removing exploits AND reviewing mobs hp) ?

- Any chance we get to see some footage of the engine you displayed at the meeting along with some comments you made that day ? Pleeeeaaaase !
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

101-150 sounds fine. 150 S10 toons used to be gank food for level 170ish PvP toons anyways, fights that last more then 3 sec might actually be fun on this BS range.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

@boltgun - the engine demo in Oslo was really crude stuff, basically just Parsed teleporting around Borealis showing us new textures here and there and how lighting and viewdistance worked. With a bit more work on it I figure a more thorough walk through Borealis video could be made.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    101-150 sounds fine. 150 S10 toons used to be gank food for level 170ish PvP toons anyways, fights that last more then 3 sec might actually be fun on this BS range.
    I just raped solo with my 150 doc 170advy,174trader,170agent fp trader and could continue...so no, it isn't 3 sec food for 170s, 150 solds are damn good too and more 150s.
    Hell, I even met 150 neutral advy which was waaaaaaaay better than all 170s advies.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Sep 18th, 2010 at 15:27:28.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast