Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RE: Ancient Novictum Refiner = NoDrop

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Actually, the exact quote is "Ancient Novictum Refiner can now be bought from the Yutto Tools vendors. It is pricey when purchased directly from the Yuttos but may also be obtained for free from a short quest." - Taken from the 18.4.8 Patch Notes.

I still don't know what quest they're refering to, though. Anyone checked if the yuttos have new dialog options?
    You can get Ancient Novictum Refiner from Scheol Jobe Scientists quest. Which is not a short quest.. :> Maybe one of the longest and most annoying quest lines in AO.

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...&link=2&id=270

"After delivering the Ancient Device, she will identify it as an Ancient Novictum Refiner, which is used for subduing novictum in the process of making pocket boss crystals. Since she doesn't need it, she will give it back to you to keep. The item is unique, so if you already have one, you won't receive another."

So, you could buy this item for 1 credit from a yutto and then sell it for more to a RK shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliese View Post
    So, you could buy this item for 1 credit from a yutto and then sell it for more to a RK shop?
    I don't think that was the problem. I think what they where afraid of was that people some how would guess that they where tampering with the sale price of these. Then stock up on them (making a million alts i guess), and resell them after the patch. I don't see how anyone could foresee this change in price though - unless it was implemented on the test server, and i don't see why they would need to do that.

Why they think this is in any way an effective way of making money, and how it would introduce billions of credits in to the game, is unclear to me though. Because the Unique tag on these would make this highly inefficient.

And like someone said earlier in this thread, why even change these in the first place? There is so much other stuff that should have a higher priority than this. I don't even see how it was a problem the way it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by jooo View Post
    You can get Ancient Novictum Refiner from Scheol Jobe Scientists quest. Which is not a short quest.. :> Maybe one of the longest and most annoying quest lines in AO.

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...&link=2&id=270
    Precisely the reason this discussion was revived. Means specifically stated a short quest which the Scheol quest lines manifestly aren't - especially if you are trying to do it at the "appropriate level".

Even with the unique tag, I bet i could farm maybe a thousand in a few weeks if given the notice.

Each one would sell at aprox 1.7-1.8m in the trader shop.

Meaning nearly 2 billion in profit. Now this is insane and I would never consider doing it, but someone would! But that doesn't answer the question... why change it in the first place?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Even with the unique tag, I bet i could farm maybe a thousand in a few weeks if given the notice.

Each one would sell at aprox 1.7-1.8m in the trader shop.

Meaning nearly 2 billion in profit. Now this is insane and I would never consider doing it, but someone would! But that doesn't answer the question... why change it in the first place?
    Yes, but where would you get that notice? I mean, no one anticipated that they where being made NoDrop, so why should they anticipate a price change? And i doubt that you would get a few weeks notice anyways, the patch notes never comes out weeks before the patch (and that is assuming they mentioned it in the patch notes).

But yeah, why tamper with it.....?

Like i said earlier in this thread(http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...1&postcount=34), I reckon they were trying to make a cred sink....and then tried to "fix" other stuff related to the change, and failed dismally
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Funcom employee

The Ancient Novictum Refiner was reported difficult to get a hold on, because it was very rarely stocked by the yuttos. Many people didn't know you can get it by doing the first part of the Scheol Scientist quest.
    When changing the shop to always have the ancient novictum refiner in stock, we also made the item more expensive because it's a quest reward.
    Now you can either buy the item - or get it for free from the quest.

The fact that it is no drop will be fixed in the next update.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Yay. I can use it again on something other than my lvl5 Trader mule ;D

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thanks lindelu

It pays to na..., to engage, I mean.
    I am almost tired of being right :P
    Proctorial 220/30/70 Crat setup
    Freedonnadd 220/30/70 MA setup
    Patentia 220/30/70 Engi setup

Raidwipe 220/30/70 Doc
    ····crat··cratcrat···········crat·····cratcratcrat
    ·crat·····crat···crat······cratcrat·······crat
    crat······cratcrat·······crat····crat·····crat
    ·crat·····crat··crat····crat·crat·crat····crat
    ····crat··crat····crat··crat······crat····crat

--------------- ··· The One Profession ··· ------------------
    Oh no! A crat sprung! It's crawling with crats! You failed disarming the crat!
    MassDestruct 200/20 NT · Goonish 60 Enfo saved on newbie island o.o

/faintofjoy Thank you, team, for hearing us =]
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

My guess (or my hope) is that it will be a sealed container that is nodrop and purchasable from yutto's for the high price, and then when opened it gives you a yes drop refiner that is not unique and only worth 1 credit. that would be awesome, and hilarious if someone is really disorganized and keeps buying them because they have 20 that are lost somewhere in the bank. that's what I would call an effective cred sink lol.

regardless, it's nice that this is getting fixed.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    hilarious if someone is really disorganized and keeps buying them because they have 20 that are lost somewhere in the bank.
    i recently found an intel support check in a backpack on my doc... and 3 control beta waists on my crat.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    My guess (or my hope) is that it will be a sealed container that is nodrop and purchasable from yutto's for the high price, and then when opened it gives you a yes drop refiner that is not unique and only worth 1 credit.
    That's a very accurate guess. The container will be Unique, and only available from Yuttos vendors...the rest is pretty much on the money.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

The Ancient Novictum Refiner was reported difficult to get a hold on, because it was very rarely stocked by the yuttos. Many people didn't know you can get it by doing the first part of the Scheol Scientist quest.
    When changing the shop to always have the ancient novictum refiner in stock, we also made the item more expensive because it's a quest reward.
    Now you can either buy the item - or get it for free from the quest.

Great, now let's talk about spirit pouches ....
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Not Sure Why

This is for the Dev team primarily, but I, of course, welcome responses from my fellow Rubi-Kans.

1) There are multiple pocket bosses with a level below 75.

2) To complete quests in the Scheol area, it definitely wouldn't be advisable to go there when you're level 75.

3) The Ancient Novictum Refiner (ANR) is a quest reward so its cost has been upped tremendously AND it still VERY rare.

4) I assume you actually want people to use the low level pocket bosses because they drop cool stuff.

So, given all four, what is the reasoning behind making this item impossible to find and very pricey beyond the already stated reward reasoning? It seems like it makes any pocket bosses that are low level completely unattainable.

Seamuss

@wyattjericho there are very few symbs other than control/support for engi/mp/crats that are worth using for a player level of 100, QL200 imps are better than most symbs. Only exception are right hand/Eye/Head for pet classes to cast the best pet without outside buffs

So if you plan on farming PB's to sell low QL symbs, you will waste your time as they won't sell.

So level your PB farmer and do the scheol quest to get it Free. Or do as everyone else does and farm pearls/amber/spirit ingots and vendor them to afford to buy it

Smile

@Juggernat That's good advice. Thank you.

I suppose what I was trying to convey was that there seems to exist a certain discontinuity between the logic they are claiming and the fact that they obviously intended for lower level chars to have a chance at a PB.

So, as it stands looks like my lower level chars will have to wait until one of my higher level chars completes the Scheol ANR quest. Not a real solution given this issue arises from them making this item a quest reward. But, that's what we have.

And, just so no one thinks I am one of those complainers, I have been playing AO since the first Beta. Love the game! Think the Dev team and Support rock! Keep up the great work!

Keep in mind, wyatt, that you don't have to complete the whole Scheol Jobe Scientists quest to get the ANR; it's really like an hour or so into the e n o r m o u s l y l o n g quest before you get it. Granted, it's not a cakewalk for a non-pet prof to solo, if done at the intended TL4, but getting the ANR occurs fairly early into the quest.

This is more in reply to the "can be gotten from a short quest" poohooers.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234