Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Simple Solution to eliminate Multiboxing PVP

multiboxing doesn't hurt anyone... just get rid of team meep or give it long cast and we are fine. Also removing assist could make tl7 pvp active for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    I love these explanations but it's simply not true. You can do implementations that would discourage many MBs. It's just that they don't want to do it because it's a) too hard b) disrupts cash flow c) don't have the resources d) whatever.
    Whether you choose to believe it or not, every single major MMO systems team has failed to implement a reliable code-based solution to multiboxing.

What I don't understand is why you keep pushing this idea, when there are some game mechanics solutions being proffered that actually seem to make some sense in a realistic way.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    Whether you choose to believe it or not, every single major MMO systems team has failed to implement a reliable code-based solution to multiboxing.

What I don't understand is why you keep pushing this idea, when there are some game mechanics solutions being proffered that actually seem to make some sense in a realistic way.
    First, let's leave "belief" where it belongs in the church.

Second your assertions on every single major MMO is some point your trying to make to win an argument that we're not even having.

Third, I don't push anything. I'm just saying that you can easily disable a major portion of the multiboxers with a reasonable implementation

And finally I'm a multiboxer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

It's okay, admittance is a huge part of the healing process, we can help you.
    Diabetes - teh qt engi
    Anseh - teh nab nanotech
    Lethargic - teh gimp trader

Devil Inside

First, let's leave "belief" where it belongs in the church.

Second your assertions on every single major MMO is some point your trying to make to win an argument that we're not even having.

Third, I don't push anything. I'm just saying that you can easily disable a major portion of the multiboxers with a reasonable implementation

Stop talking foolishness, only ignorant people spout such crap as, this or that is easy. I am sure you are not programmer or realize that major companies and thousands of people are working got stop the same thing. I guess you must be smarter than all of them to figure out this easy fix.

As for the suggestion in general NOO. the 15min timer was reasonable but still a bad idea. The 1 to 2 min cool-down without the lockout is Crazy. Can you imagine the many many petitions of people getting stuck in geometry, makes melee professions easier to kill. How do you stop it from being used in BS?

I'm just saying that you can easily disable a major portion of the multiboxers with a reasonable implementation.
    Asked and answered. You can't.

Also, I too am a multiboxer, and I did a quick test with an app designed only to take key commands when in focus. Guess what? You can either run it in a VM, or use an equally simple app that tricks every single window into thinking it has focus, and boom, "reasonable implementation" fail.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    Stop talking foolishness, only ignorant people spout such crap as, this or that is easy. I am sure you are not programmer or realize that major companies and thousands of people are working got stop the same thing. I guess you must be smarter than all of them to figure out this easy fix.

As for the suggestion in general NOO. the 15min timer was reasonable but still a bad idea. The 1 to 2 min cool-down without the lockout is Crazy. Can you imagine the many many petitions of people getting stuck in geometry, makes melee professions easier to kill. How do you stop it from being used in BS?
    No I don't consider myself smarter, but you've strayed away from the topic too far. The devs here could simply do an easy implementation that would prevent several software/script packages to work in conjunction with updating the EULA making it known that "from this point onwards this is how it is". If they don't want to do that, fine, but I know for a fact that it's possible to discourage a large portion of the multiboxers, and again in conjunction with an EULA update and drawing a line in the sand they could address most of the complaints.

This problem is just going to get worse and in the end it will snowball instead of Funcom actually addressing it in one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    Asked and answered. You can't.

Also, I too am a multiboxer, and I did a quick test with an app designed only to take key commands when in focus. Guess what? You can either run it in a VM, or use an equally simple app that tricks every single window into thinking it has focus, and boom, "reasonable implementation" fail.
    Yes, I'm fully aware of VM's and apps that attempt to tamper with the so called "background focus delays" to trick a window into thinking it's in focus. There are still ways to implement this and in conjunction with an EULA update they could draw a line in the sand as I stated above, before it gets out of hand.

[EDIT]: In hindsight I should not have gotten into this discussion. Therefore I will accept any flames and forum battle defeats coming and wont reply to this topic. I wish Funcom the best in handling this growing concern that I think will accelerate with the addition of Steam and DX9.
    Last edited by Gargle; Apr 12th, 2014 at 08:40:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

The op is ofc right. The best way to disrupt mb at towers is to force more activity into the mix. Random roots/snares and knockbacks from the towers would probably do the trick. Disabling follow could also help. Increasing damage, attack rating and hp on towers would help too.

Anyhow.. As for the snares/roots. Implement a few new stims to use to get out of those. For a normal player, finding the correct stim is easy since it would be colour coded. But having to do it perhaps 4-5 times as often will be very very annoying/hard.

Wow, a thread trolled into oblivion. Must be a first for the AO forums.

Closed.
    Guardian Valter
    Forums Team
    Community Relations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12