Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove the alien-counters please...

Remove the alien-counters please...

I'd like the alien-counters (Invaders killed/Killed by Invaders) removed since,

They dont want to risk dieing:

- Tanks are not doing their best to keep aggro
    - People don't do their full best to deal damage/heal because that could cause aggro/death
    - People are in some competition ''having less deaths and more alien kills'' causing them to get angry at ppl when they die/get trained or whatever
    - People don't show up for aliens when they know they are going to die, soon or early

(This is not with everyone, but many ppl don't want to risk dieing, believe me)

Well why keep it? it does no good at all, why not fix the defender rank instead?
    '
    And removing the counters would probably make people split up at the APFs, they don't want to try that that w/o decent heals/tanks atm..., I really think they woud just go there and try to get some AXP with 1,2,3 teams maybe? - I would really love to see this happen

Since the APFs were supposed to be for loot AND axp, atm its just the raid-bot PFs and what do the weaker ones get? almost nothing, theres usually a dmg-team ODing almost -everyone-,
    and theres not much loot for the people below 210 anyway, just CRU but well, theres like 1/5 chance of winning one usually :/
    :-(

I wonder what kind of people you spend your time with...I have never ever since AI launch witnessed anybody bitching or complaining about the number of times they have been killed. Actually, some of us are laughing at the fact we are about to hit "Killed by invaders: 100". I think Netnurse is in the lead with some 120, and so far all I've heard from her are amused chuckles.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchaalina
    I wonder what kind of people you spend your time with...I have never ever since AI launch witnessed anybody bitching or complaining about the number of times they have been killed. Actually, some of us are laughing at the fact we are about to hit "Killed by invaders: 100". I think Netnurse is in the lead with some 120, and so far all I've heard from her are amused chuckles.
    lots of people are obsessive freaks tho, ..

Id much rather just see a numeric alien lvl with no alien killl and death count

give me a pvp kill number anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchaalina
    Like I said, not everyone.. lol, I am not going to give any names...

but ive seen LOTS of people that were like this, maybe you couldn't really notice it but when already looking at the numbers like... 20k-4 what would you expect btw?
    Last edited by Lal; May 26th, 2005 at 01:26:50.

I'd like to see people who don't do their very best over a silly number removed from the game
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

I believe its fine the way it is, actually I wish there were more ways to see statistics of what you've done in ao history.
    Hells Heroes
    Montelukast 220 Doctor - Redsonjah 220 Enforcer - Blackgammon2 220 Engineer
    Hellsheroes 220 Nano-Tech - Tinykungfu 220 Martial Artist - Dayvidian 220 Soldier
    Allomancer 213 Keeper - Captplanet 217 Meta-Physicist - Mrspeed 200 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Montelukast
    I believe its fine the way it is, actually I wish there were more ways to see statistics of what you've done in ao history.
    bump for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Montelukast
    I would love to see that also.

WTB:
    "Killed by trains - <insert insane number>" tag
    "Hours spent item camping" tag
    "Number of boss kills with no loot drop" tag

but most important of all

"Hours spent doing nothing but killing hecklers" tag (hopefully that would push people in a new direction )

lol thats what i mean, the brink would be overcamped then again

Hehe, I do have a little competition with myself on getting off the BY island w/o getting killed by aliens. But. A tank that aren't doing his best to hold aggro or a doc not healing or a DDer not dealing the best possible damage just isn't doing their job (or, since this is a game and not a job, not fulfilling their role.)

I'd like to see some statistics as well, and added to the ones already mentioned I'd like to see
    - saved team from dieing
    - caused team to die

Apart from the discussion about aliens it'd also tell a tale on the people that open chests in missions
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

The aliens killed idea was ok.. Heck it's "funny" (read: sad) to see how many alien kills are needed for various levels...¨

The killed by counter was a bad idea from the start.. it will only fuxx0r up for some.
    I don't care about it.. but I got like 50-60 deaths on my main. At least half of which happend in the first days/weeks while we were exploring the content.. And "soloing"/"tanking" for a trader will result in a few deaths.. I don't really care.. but I still don't enjoy the fact that I'm being told I suck cause I have died x times more then them. Maybe I take more chances, or I do my job bether. There's no counter for that.

We see how Damage dumpers and Pvp titles affect some people. Which ultimatly effects everyone in teams/raids with them.

Docs have been known to heal less to dot and such to come higher on DD.. enfs mongoing less, more DD.. and every other prof.. obsessed with doing the most dmg. Possibly pulling extra adds and getting some of raidforce killed cause they had to get their dmg up I don't know.

In PvP.. people are known for not showing up if theres a good chance their side might loose. Don't wanna die and risk the title you know.. Or people has been known to not follow raid order.. like assisting and killing those the targetters call out.. (which will help bring down the enemy systematicly.. In stead "farming" dmg on other people with high ranks so that they might get kill rights/credit if that person ever gets killed.

As long as there are visible things like this there will always be some people that will go out of their way to appear "uber". While others don't care about these things. It's quite easy to locate these different types of people in a crowd.. And I know damn well what type I would want to have by my side as we walk into hell.. (or some big pvp battle..)
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Banishedsoul
    As long as there are visible things like this there will always be some people that will go out of their way to appear "uber". While others don't care about these things. It's quite easy to locate these different types of people in a crowd.. And I know damn well what type I would want to have by my side as we walk into hell.. (or some big pvp battle..)
    So having better than average alien statistics makes you somehow inferior?
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiisu

pfff Eeva <3..

You know what I mean.. I'm saying there will always be someone

Others.. like you.. just need a nerf..
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Kiisu
    Of course, Im super ubah(read: covard in bushes) for hiding in distance and letting my bot do the job and never ever getting agg.

best method for me to turn down minor stupidities like this kill counter is: twist them with some irony and as already said, rather drool over having a high 'killed by' count
    but yes, i have seen people bitch out over being killed related to their count

If people dont do their best for their raid force and team group over that number they're not worth the water they drink. It's sometimes fun to see how many times people have died, and i'd rather keep it than have it removed.

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Its not about the ''fun'' of seeing high deaths of someone else (yes it could be funny),
    but its about the things I mentioned, ppl get angry when they die, dont do their best, dont want to risk anything... etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Lal
    Its not about the ''fun'' of seeing high deaths of someone else (yes it could be funny),
    but its about the things I mentioned, ppl get angry when they die, dont do their best, dont want to risk anything... etc..

and if that number on a little info screen is more important than their reputation than they aren't worth having around...

I've had friends that yelled Run and then finished tanking while everyone else fled to safety when overrun by aliens (this while playing my doc).. I stayed and died with him...

I'd rather play with people who will stand there ground... and it's usually apparent when someone doesn't pull their weight and those are ones I'd prefer not to have clammering around me =)
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

i kinda like the alien counters...puts into perspective how much dmg the aliens can really do concidering they have killed every body on the planet 50+ times>...(thankgod for reclaim tech)
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast