Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove the alien-counters please...

Dont really care about "killed by invaders" stat. In any given raid someone will eventually die.Being an enf, when tanking APFs there s always a fat chance that i ll die.

What really hurts is,i am expected to tank if no better option presents itself,no doubt; theres a risk of dying in tanking, comes with the terf; not being able to return to APF after dying while doing your job, Supreme Injustice.

Screw the "killed" count just let me go back in.
    "The only difference between me and a madman is that i´m not mad."-Salvador Dali.

Guelsol Proud Member of Inner Monkey

At OOC
    Guelz: Dammit! Is the max IQ required for a free account set at 85?
    Freeaccountn00bX:No...You can go to 200 on a free account.

Quote Originally Posted by Montelukast
    I believe its fine the way it is, actually I wish there were more ways to see statistics of what you've done in ao history.
    I like it!

Info

Well how about instead of removing it, change it so that you don't see it when you shift-click on someone else, only yourself (Like seeing what maps you have installed). Thus the really obsessive people can take screenshots and send them to eachother, but the rest of us just see the alien level.

And yes, there are plenty of obsessive players out there, who want to find one extremely narrow definition of "The game" and claim to be the best. The level 25+s in the subway, the level 60 twinks in temple of the three winds, and so on. Let them feel they are winning, but the rest of us don't want to hear about how 'awesome' they are.

If you don't wanna know how "awesome" they are, don't shift-click em perhaps?
    This is like twisting the posters suggestion to the other extreme.

I don't really care it's there, just leave it be for my part
    I just won't team in the future with people that are holding back too much.
    Last edited by Sethic; May 28th, 2005 at 00:33:10.

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

Ah well, last PF there was a doc, we were doing 35 and he didnt want to risk dieing

so guess what he left when it was almost time for the boss.. mish started.

I took the fixer from the team and invited another heal proff to the tank team and he said ''No im not helping with the general i want a fixer to meep us out''

Doc had about 4k alien kills and about 5 deaths, everyone was like ''wtf omgz is losing 5 kills (5k axp) a problem ffs?''

and doc leaves the pf... everyone upset cos of some doc that didnt want to help

our tank already died before the boss was even spawned :/

---- that is why I made this topic, its not a problem for everyone but just a few people make it a problem for everyone.
    :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Talan
    I'd like to see people who don't do their very best over a silly number removed from the game
    Bump for that
    Proud Director of Storm Keepers

If you accept to live you must accept to die if not you will live your life in fear and not live at all...
    -Infinitynova-
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

All depends on what kind of people you're playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Avon
    All depends on what kind of people you're playing with.
    yep you want the good ones for sure.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

worst idea, ever. Period close this thread.
    Dirt "Koppolumkins" Nasty 220/30/70 ENF
    Nanobots "Nukelumkins" Inyoface - NT in progress
    Fire "Lilweezyana' Man - Trader in progress
    Spartans

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpkins
    worst idea, ever. Period close this thread.
    Lol, not by a mile it isn't..
    In fact, if this would make people do what they're supposed to do, I'm still all for it.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Montelukast
    I believe its fine the way it is, actually I wish there were more ways to see statistics of what you've done in ao history.
    Hmm I wonder what kind of stats we could add..
    Got attacked at Tower and melted by Slayerdroid - 48
    Ganked at MMD - 33
    Killed by Clan Assassin in 4holes - 6
    Bought overpriced stuff from Player - 1233

Number of Invaders killed: 25009
    Killed by invaders: 94

I couldn't care less whether it said 4, 94 or 194 or 594. There are so many other factors than your own "gimpiness" that decide whether aliens are gong to kill you or not...tank goes down, tank cant hold agg, being overwhelmed by a quintuple nuke, defending city solo, lag, link death, etc etc bla bla whatnot and whichnot....
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

I know, but 10% DOES care, thats the whole point
    :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Lal
    I know, but 10% DOES care, thats the whole point
    Hehe, yeah and apparantly a whole lot of people don't realize that more often than not their 0-death rating is achieved b/c someone else bit the bullet for them..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    Hehe, yeah and apparantly a whole lot of people don't realize that more often than not their 0-death rating is achieved b/c someone else bit the bullet for them..
    I never really cared or checked No of alien killed/No of death. Now after a little thinking when I see a person lets say with 20k kills and 3-5 death I would rather think that he is coward, not taking any risks, always inviting many outside org help for city raids, leeching from APF raids etc. etc. rather than thinking that he is any good or uber.

I do not even remember my No of death but I did all kind of funny things with Aliens like : going solo on ship, or going solo or 2-3 ppl inside "unused APF zone" just to have some real challange and see how far I can survive.
    Last edited by Awi; Jun 28th, 2005 at 18:33:03.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awi
    when I see a person lets say with 20k kills and 3-5 death I would rather think that he is coward, not taking any risks, always inviting many outside org help for city raids, leeching from APF raids etc. etc. rather than thinking that he is any good or uber.
    I couldn't agree more.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

I still think it would be a brutal slap in the face if we had a heckler kill counter and killed by heckler counter. ^_~

And Mortig.
    {Self-Moderated by Iolanthe}
    //220//19// ex nihilo, nihil fit

Proud Veteran of Tranquility
    RK-1's First 220 Hawt Solitus Shade
    Hawter than j00 and always right. Always.

-=Mottos to Troll by=-
    "I am Paper. Rock is fine. Nerf Scissors." "Shaddup before I smite you with scary logic bombs
    and keeel you with mind bullets." "You don't have to provide all sides of an arguement
    when the other perspectives are clearly bullsh*t."

Hours afked in Borealis

Number of Invaders killed: 35807
    Killed by Invaders: 80

only thing why I like to see that, it really tells about experience on facing the aliens, funny to see AI30 with 500ish AI kills, tells a lot about the person "why to do raids cus I can buy lootrights and never get to know about my profession, and dailies are easy to do!"
    Last edited by Ciassene; Apr 18th, 2014 at 20:19:25.
    Ciassene

I'm all for privacy but this is going too far.
    When I look at the AI counter, this is what I think:

100 kills, AI 30 and in full AI armor? (yes, I have seen that)
    You are a noob who went to the gold sellers to get your gear!

AI deaths are meaningless, but zero indicates that you were either extremely lucky or extremely cowardly.
    AI kills, however, show that you actually played the game and worked for your gear!

Don't remove it, it's pretty much all that's left to distinguish the game's veterans.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast