Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

It looks like everyone can loot it - in theory.

In reality, lag and crowd standing on body make it impossible, along with quick despawn of the body : (
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

Yeah, was just there for taking the rider down and people with pets and toys and all manner of things just stood right on it and refused to move.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

First off, I see tons of low levels and froob running around farming the items needed to spawn the rider - they reap no rewards. 5000 items is insane anyway, and it's sad to see that everyone is working hard to gather these 5000 and a team of 220's is just sitting next to the tinker waiting for the rider to spawn. And all they do when it reaches this point is press their shortcut buttons 1-10 opposed to all the effort other players put into it.
    Secondly, the torch should be huge because 15 minutes ago in the end only 5 people or so actually got some phatz because the sight was just completely blocked by anoying pets and stuff.

Like above, in theory it was good but I suppose you can't (properly) test stuff on a test server when there is only 1% of the actual population.

So much for the whining...

'plenty enough phatz to go around.' yeah... I was hoping for a better 10 year anniversary than some grind fest which in the end just gives elitist jerks a flying toyota to show off who's boss.
    Dear developers,

Rock is OP, paper is fine.

-Yours faithfully, Scissors

I feel trolled. Dumped about 6 bags of stuff into the npc while countless of other people simply afk'ed around The Tinker till the boss spawned, then got warped to the edge of the zone 6 times ( crashed twice). After a few mins managed to get back only to find people deliberately standing on the torch so no one could loot it or let alone see it.

All I have to show for it is absolutely nothing, yes I mad.

I give this event a 15/10 for making me rage.
    Last edited by Orii; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 01:14:19.

Horrible raid!!!!!! Here's the deal. Anyone there is allowed to loot corpse!!! (great for lowbies) however, this means that anybody who lags, etc, can't get ****.

I opened the desert rider's corpse THREE TIMES and it instantly closed because of lag and multiple clicking, so it was totally wtf.

Second thing is, there is ONLY SIX yalms, and ONLY SIX packages of desert nomad armor!!!! I can understand the packages of desert nomad being low in quantity due to being able to get the individual armor pieces in ql300 in PW, but SIX yalms? For a raid force of 100-200 people? And it just goes to whoever ninjas them first??? Horrible, HORRIBLE design!!!!!!!!

Maybe if the spawn requirement were like 1k items, instead of 5k, then it'd be tolerable, but 5,000 items, to get 6 people yalms, and chances of you being one of those 6? **** that ****!
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

It despawned after 2 minutes. Only one person could loot at a time. I doubt that more than about 8-10 people got a chance to loot it because of that. And I couldn't even see a lantern

It needs increased time till it rots like any other boss in the game

also increased size or an AOE -95% body size effect on anyone near it
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

this whole idea is basicly 18hr uniques all over again... only a select few will get anything from it

Quote Originally Posted by nijushio View Post
    It despawned after 2 minutes. Only one person could loot at a time. I doubt that more than about 8-10 people got a chance to loot it because of that. And I couldn't even see a lantern

It needs increased time till it rots like any other boss in the game

also increased size or an AOE -95% body size effect on anyone near it
    Six, seriously, I counted the amount of loots that took place, it was six, and when I opened the corpse 3 times, there was 6 of each on the corpse. This means there are only 6, and that's why the body despawned so fast, because there was no loot left after all 6 were looted.

The body SIZE, wasn't a problem for the Desert Raider, he was big enough. However the torch or whatever that spawns after? Lots of people stood around it till it despawned (it despawns fast by the way, wtf?)
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf

Mocker for Life.

After experiencing this raid just now I am pretty disappointed.. really. When I saw it on Test there were only a dozen or so folks around (not even 2 full teams) so it worked really well but on Live.. WOW.

The fanatics that blow up.. well that's messed up because you've got clan/omni/neutral.. lots of lag.. can't tab to find mobs and I spent most of my time healing myself from the fans blowing up.

I have yet to see the thing you click on to get the jetpack.. there are too many people.. it is way too small for that type of crowd (I guess since I couldn't see it).

And I already commented on the yalm thing...I would really like one but I don't see myself getting one because that was a really awful experience.

Is it too late to patch it in so that the rider spawns in multiple spots (like 10 or so) all at once when 5,000 gifts are achieved?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

30min on the rider... The torch should be 15mins and bigger...

Still 5000 crazy amount. 1000 or less and easier mob would be better. This is just screwed. Got stuff on one toon now I have two more...

Something you could do with buddies...
    Last edited by Ekarona; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 01:25:13.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I was hoping to bring back confirmation of the loot mechanics but...

This was horrible.

So, so, so much time spent gathering those items and then something timy spawns that (it seems) can only be accessed one at a time. Does it have a different name from the huge corpse that's next to it? God knows. I couldn't even see what this item was for all the people deliberately crawling and sitting on it. People describe it as a torch or a jar, but I've no idea. I'm very disappointed.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

amount should be cut down to say, 200 items, and have it in a team instance? seriously.... not amused. this wasnt thought through at all...
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    I was hoping to bring back confirmation of the loot mechanics but...

This was horrible.

So, so, so much time spent gathering those items and then something timy spawns that (it seems) can only be accessed one at a time. Does it have a different name from the huge corpse that's next to it? God knows. I couldn't even see what this item was for all the people deliberately crawling and sitting on it. People describe it as a torch or a jar, but I've no idea. I'm very disappointed.
    Also, one raid can steal it, the old mechanic the majority loves so so much...

This would be nice raid if it was doable with 6-12 people, but not like this...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

It'll calm down after a few days.

AO patches are Always crazy for the first 100 hours or so when new stuff hits live.

This forced looting of small objects is defeating the supposedly intended fun & making this encounter another ******* fiasco of "WTS lootrights!".

Instead of forcing looting of small objects that 90% of the community can not click on because of a few elitist **** standing guard over it to ruin everyone else's fun, why not enlarge it by a factor of ten AND just have the reward items auto-spawn on everyone in the zone when the boss dies, or on everyone within X distance from the object, or at the very least, on anyone that did at least 1 point of damage to the boss.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 01:48:45.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Also, one raid can steal it, the old mechanic the majority loves so so much...

This would be nice raid if it was doable with 6-12 people, but not like this...
    There is no lootrights on the corpse, literally anybody who is there, can loot. You don't even have to be teamed to participate in getting loot.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

AO patches are Always crazy for the first 100 hours or so when new stuff hits live.
    Problem then is, it requires 5000 items to start this raid ... Yeah ... it'll calm down ... but it already took like 8hrs to start a raid during the middle of the day... When it calms down, it'll take 2-3days to get 5000 items.
    Nano Fetishist.

Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf

Mocker for Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    You guys are putting an *awful* lot of effort raging against something you kinda obviously have no clue how it works yet... just sayin'.
    Aside from the regular loot that you can get off of Desert Nomads (including the armor, QL going all the way to 300) --- the loot off of The Desert Rider, and even it's fanatic minions for that matter - would you enlighten us as to how on earth a zerg of way over a hundred people, totally unorganized, and completely unconcerned about the others, is supposed to find this zergfest/lagfest/tardfest fun, entertaining or rewarding !?
    I don't know if the rider itself is lootable by everyone or not, because in any case, just SELECTING the corpse is impossible with the amount of people just standing there. Even IF you selected it, you can't open it since the game is lagging like hell, so you either "open loot" once and wait (and wait and wait and wait and wait) for it to react and open (and this way you won't get the loot), or you spam "open loot" and this way you won't loot either (since you're spamming it's - open, close, open, close, open, close). And the fanatic adds ? They're even smaller, they're tiny and completely invisible in the crowd. And in the end of it all - people standing on top of the torch, so no one can select it (not even with clickthrough, since people are moving and the selecting system is getting reset over and over again).

You haven't learned that people ganging up on NPCs and whatnot isn't new !? You had the exact same thing with the Christmas NPC in Borealis, where you had to ENLARGE IT !
    You didn't realize that giving 6 rewards (yalms) for a 200 people raidforce is retarded, especially when it's on a limited time offer !?
    You didn't think that the people who actually turned in the items needed for the Rider to come won't be pleased (to say the least) about getting nothing for it !?
    And on top of it all, just when RK1 had enough items turned in - zoning was broken, again !

So, again, enlighten us - How was that supposed to be FUN !?

Lower the items requirement and Instance the bloody thing, so that raidforces or even teams can do it, without any damn interference from lag, people that didn't pitch in and the all time favorite - the imbeciles that just have to stand on top of the corpses/torch to prevent others from utilizing them.
    And when you do - give us a heads up, MORE THEN 15 MINUTES AHEAD OF TIME. (how incompetent can a company your size possibly be to fail simple tasks after having the game up for 10 years...)
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    ...Excellent rant...
    Amen to this
    Dear developers,

Rock is OP, paper is fine.

-Yours faithfully, Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

Mebbe... hopefully... But then again, after it calms down, I wonder how many people will be even slightly motivated to gather the items beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Perin View Post
    There is no lootrights on the corpse, literally anybody who is there, can loot. You don't even have to be teamed to participate in getting loot.
    I kept trying to r-click something called Remains of Desert Rider, though I've no idea if that was the corpse or the "jar/torch" . I kept getting both messages: "There is nothing inside you could loot" and "Somebody is already looting these remains."

TBH from that I can't piece together how looting was meant to work. Do we think, then, that both the corpse itself and the "jar" is open to anyone, but can only be looted one at a time?
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Basically what seemed to have happened in the two desert rider raids I tried today, the popularity of the event killed the fun factor. 100+ people crowded the area so scores of people, who had spend maybe 2-4 hrs farming for items for the tinker, where whisked away to the far end of the sector multiple times, prior, during and after the battle. Also the loot seem to meager for such a huge crowd.

1. Cut the item requirement to 500-1000
    2. Make it an instance you require a raid group to enter
    3. Require raid members to have farmed the items
    4. Automatically spawn items in inventory when completed, everybody gets the same stuff, so no need to redo x times, which should eliminate the bottleneck.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast