Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.8 Update Release Notes

Funcom employee 18.4.8 Update Release Notes

New Content:
    • The final Dust Brigade door is now open. See if you can survive the most challenging DB Team instance yet.
    • Many, many more daily missions added for more regular and alien missions.

Daily Mission changes:
    • Wider level ranges are now associated with lower level Elite Daily Missions (available to a wider range of player levels).
    • Unicorn Outpost teleporter moved from the Senior Handler room to the Alien Handler room.
    • Everyone able to go into APF is now offered to take the alien team daily mission in the APF sector.
    • Daily Mission: Bar Run - No longer available to players 200-220 (now available to 175-199).
    • Daily Mission: Spaced Out - Cocoons should no longer be aggressive resulting in attack message spam.
    • Daily Mission: The Contingent Spy - The NPCs associated with this mission no longer have a chance of attacking you while you're hiding in the box.

Battlestation Changes:
    • The time spent in Decon on Battlestations has been adjusted and the heal will no longer continue outside the Decontamination room.
    • Battlestation control points are no longer capturable during grace period.
    • The Fixer debuff "Luck's Improved Capricious Consequence" will now be cleared in the Battlestation Decontamination room.

Item & Nano Changes:
    • Shade nano "Defeat Righteousness" has now been replaced with a new nano "Shade's Caress". If you had Defeat Righteousness you will now have the new version instead.
    • New Stims and Rechargers are now available in the shops, they can be used in both RK and SL. The requirements of the new kits are First Aid OR Treatment. The new stims require First Aid.
    • Old-style Stims and Rechargers removed from shops. These will continue to drop in missions and from mobs. They may be tradeskilled into the new-style Stims & Rechargers with use of an item available for sale in RK general stores (QL 1-200) or for sale in Inferno (QL 200+).
    • Ancient Novictum Refiner can now be bought from the Yutto Tools vendors. It is pricey when purchased directly from the Yuttos but may also be obtained for free from a short quest.
    • Attempting to tradeskill a stack of items should now give proper feedback.
    • Old "Throw Snowball" nanos may now be used on players, new snowball nano now has a cast and hit effect.
    • Lower-level Adventurer nanos in the "Lick Wounds" line no longer give error messages when uploading.
    • Removed Adventuring requirement from Hyper-Radiation Protection Skin and Glasses.
    • OFAB Adventurer Protective Gear now requires same skills as the rest of the OFAB Adventurer gear.
    • Mr. Squeaky Lantern + Screwdriver tradeskill process should now work properly.
    • Manex armor tradeskill process no longer consumes the screwdriver.
    • Profiteer's Helper can now be equipped using right-click.
    • Desert Nomad shoulder pad should now be visible on Atroxes at all QLs.
    • The Level 200 Hacker Tool is now called "Advanced Hacker Tool".
    • Basic Cloak is now properly a Back item and not a Head item.

Mission, Encounter & NPC Changes:
    • Many high level monsters will now have their originally intended level of Initiative skills. This will make some monsters hit faster and be more difficult to debuff.
    • Dust Brigade Boss Aune will now stop you briefly before and after summoning you to the center of the great machine.
    • Drake Rodriguez will accept the Improved Bracer during SL start-up missions.
    • The Young Silvertail should once again actually return to his herd.
    • Removed several places where it was possible to break the Nascence Key Quest by closing the chat too quickly.
    • The pocket boss pattern for the Scheol Garden Quest will now drop with the same reliability for both Omni and Clan.
    • The Unredeemed Visionist for the Scheol Garden quest is now located in the Unredeemed Temple.
    • Urns for the Scheol quest now respawn properly every minute or so.
    • The pattern for Infernal Demon (Adonis Sanctuary) now drops from Ghosts and Spirits in Adonis. This pattern no longer drops from sided monsters.
    • Key to Camas Sanctuary quest should once again work as intended and be possible to complete.
    • Grace period removed from most sided monsters in Shadowlands (only quest related monsters should now have this 10-min grace period).

World Changes:
    • The exit in the ruin in Arid Rift can now be accessed at any time.
    • Coast Of Peace grid exit moved to prevent exiting into a city building.

GUI & Code Changes:
    • Feedback regarding player level given by elevators to Alien Sector 10, 13, 28 and 35 should now be less confusing.
    • Inferface for /help updated: no more broken links or outdated information.

Misc. Changes:
    • Camera position in Wolf Morph adjusted to make for less clipping in geometry for less obscured views.
    • Improved animation on all "Shadowlands"-style portals, as well as allowing them to be clicked from both sides.
    • Notum Wars towers should once again explode properly when they are destroyed.
    • Fixed several exploits.
    • Fixed various typos.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Sep 27th, 2011 at 07:05:10.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Everyone able to go into APF is now offered to take the alien team daily mission in the APF sector.
    Everyone? Even froobs?
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Everyone? Even froobs?
    "Everyone able"
    not "Everyone"
    (This is Wrangeline's alt account btw. I'm posting with this one until it goes frozen)

Haha, wishful thinking, maybe
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Awesome hope to see more new solo instances soon for XP/rewards

I think there is some nice things in these patch notes but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    [*]New Stims and Rechargers are now available in the shops, they can be used in both RK and SL. The requirements of the new kits are First Aid OR Treatment. The new stims require First Aid.[*]Old-style Stims and Rechargers removed from shops. These will continue to drop in missions and from mobs. They may be tradeskilled into the new-style Stims & Rechargers with use of an item available for sale in RK general stores (QL 1-200) or for sale in Inferno (QL 200+).
    I think this is a mistake. With the rechargers I can live, but there is several issues with the new stims:

1. Healing both hp and nano takes away a tactical choice. Is this done in an attempt to simplify AO? This is definitely not the right approach because a) you don't need to simplify, that would be a big mistake (explaining AO better could be nice though) and b) everybody knows the difference between a mana potion and a health potion.
    Combining all stims into one single stim reminds me a bit to this RPG where all keys have been combined to spacebar. It's great fun for 5 min because the simplification is so overdone. But you don't want to oversimplify AO and you do want for people to play AO more than 5 min.
    This actually also applies (but to a lesser extend) to the rechargers, especially the debuff removing part on them.
    The skill to play a game like AO is a rather abstract thing. I would say it comes down to a) positioning and b) knowing and assessing when to use what nano/perk/special attack/item. You are giving the 'item' part a HUGE beating with these reworked stims and rechargers. I don't believe moving away from skill-based gameplay to setup based gameplay is the right approach.

2. Prices for new stims are outrageous. There is plenty of people with lack of credits, especially newbies. The shop is where newbies look for stuff. With about 600 First Aid old stims cost about 5 credit/hp to heal and new ones cost about 140 credit/hp. That's an increase of about 2800%! I do understand you want a credit sink. In that case you should design these to be only used by elitists/veterans/rich people and keep the old ones to be used by others. The massive difference in power and the fact that you want to remove old ones from the shops indicates that this is not how they are designed. Maybe they are designed to scare away more newbies with high prizes ?

3. More hp and nano healing is not needed. More nano might be good when we get The Rebalance. More hp might be good to make pvp last longer. Fact is that The Rebalance is not there yet AND that these also work in pvm. I don't think the extra hp/nano is justified!
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

wow nice set of updates!

good job guys!

[*]The pocket boss pattern for the Scheol Garden Quest will now drop with the same reliability for both Omni and Clan.
    Ftw, I will now farm more key parts so it's not just my Keeper who has all keys!

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

nvm
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

What about the borderless window feature?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What about the borderless window feature?
    windowed fullscreen ? it would be great indeed

Are the in-game t-shirt prizes from the QQ contest in May still scheduled to be delivered in this update?
    If so, will they only be for a specific character or every character on the winning account?
    If not, when?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    1. Healing both hp and nano takes away a tactical choice.
    Ever heard of Advanced Restoration Kit? Takes a few runs now and then to camp parts and a few minutes of tradeskilling and you have a year worth of supplies. New stims are just better versions of these.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Ever heard of Advanced Restoration Kit? Takes a few runs now and then to camp parts and a few minutes of tradeskilling and you have a year worth of supplies. New stims are just better versions of these.
    I know those. Those actually give a third possible tactical choice instead of reducing it all to 1 choice. Currently the 3 choices are:
    - nano
    - hp
    - both, but averagely to a lesser amount.

The effort required to get them, combined with giving lesser healing made it not worth for me to get them.
    The new situation is completely reversed: they give much more healing and they are easier to get than normal stims.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Nice update, some great fixes there!

Good stuff. Appreciate the post.

Great job guys some nice fixes great update and additional content sounds really good
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Ossim Possum! really looking forward to next patch!

Quote Originally Posted by phybrizo View Post
    windowed fullscreen ? it would be great indeed
    It's on test atm.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast