Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet Information Megathread

Gauntlet Information Megathread

The machine hums softly. A display reads: -Needs Novictalized Crystals-

all it says, i made raid group to raid pande, someone found a mob with key to enter. but hes not spawnign anymore.. so what we do? funcom wanna piss us all off by try get us wait there for houers since its unknown on how to do this atm

ok so now we got some more info. thou i wanna ask kintaii for this insted, atleast consider this!!

make this gauntlet spawn each 12 or 24 houer. he has to spawn ont he same time each day i think.. becose it makes it allot more easyer for evryone to set time to get there.

when each time evry 17 houer... it makes random time. i just gues now but maybe 50-60% of the people here has irl work, and the rest dont. so the people who dont do much irl gets the best benefits to get stuff before evryone else. i know this a big whine.. but seriously... please consider a spawn on each 12 or 24 houer or so, or make a vote on front login page on when that spawn time should be set that fits the highest % of the comunity

anyways i beg for a 12 houer spawn, that makes evryone get the chanse more or less atleast 1 time each day
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Oct 26th, 2011 at 17:04:00.

From what i've read on a few fwm there is supposed to be 3 ways to "continue" some sort of ladder, so i'm guessing there are 3 of these mobs spread across pande that you can kill to go to stage 1, other than that i'm currently hanging in pande looking at TSS, we'll see if some1 find more of those mobs or something.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Yes,

Vizaresh
    Level: 300
    Danger level:
    Trying to kill this alone will almost certainly result in your death.
    Might attack you on sight.

One of the portal mobs, quite near the incarnator on the ledge. I belive others are in similiar nooks...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

One mob (Vizaresh), on a 17h timer - When he dies, he drops a portal which will allow entrance for the next five minutes. We have a 'broadcast' feature ready for announcing when the mob spawns, but it didn't make it into this update - That will be in the next build we make. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    One mob (Vizaresh), on a 17h timer - When he dies, he drops a portal which will allow entrance for the next five minutes. We have a 'broadcast' feature ready for announcing when the mob spawns, but it didn't make it into this update - That will be in the next build we make. =)
    Adding some grace time? So have some time to gather team, 5 or 6 mins on portal is tad sort...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

Aye, there'll be a 15m10m delay between when the broadcast announcement and when the mob becomes attackable. =) The short time exist on the portal is intended, but if it becomes a serious issue as people figure out the instance/timing/etc. etc. then we'll look into adjusting it.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Oct 27th, 2011 at 16:17:07.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Adding some grace time? So have some time to gather team, 5 or 6 mins on portal is tad sort...
    nah, the broadcast message will be "Hey, you ve just missed the portal again, noob!"
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Spam 30/15/5mins before pop would be kinda usefull.
    And hey, it would be nice if you popped a few of those mobs randomly so we get to try it out, just for a few days or so

Ohhhh..... The portal mob have 17h respawn and the portal stay only for 5 minutes.... Dont you think something is wrong? :P
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Spam 30/15/5mins before pop would be kinda usefull.
    I don't wanna clog everyone's system window with a lotta spam announcing mob spawns, but we are looking into a slightly better solution for letting people know when long-spawn mobs are getting ready to pop. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

well 1 thing.. make sure you tell 1 houer before spawn then and then 30 mins and then 10 mins..

becose we need time to gather etc.. also if anyone likes after sometime. people can log there and ruin for evryon in ao by camping that guy and gank him before peopel reach gather and 5 mins later... people have to try agein in another 17 houers

i dont like how this works at all to be honest, a little dumb thing.
    it be better if the gauntlet was a little easyer and fair to enter than this. thou if funcom wants more ingame drama and petitions.. well this is the way to go.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Oct 26th, 2011 at 16:44:42. Reason: Profanity. Consider this a friendly warning. ;P

Aye, there'll be a 15m delay between when the broadcast announcement and when the mob becomes attackable. =) The short time exist on the portal is intended, but if it becomes a serious issue as people figure out the instance/timing/etc. etc. then we'll look into adjusting it.
    The main problem is the 17h respawn on Portal Mob
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Funcom employee

The 17 hour spawn timer is intended. There is absolutely zero difference between a boss mob that is on a long spawn timer and... well, a boss mob that is on a long spawn timer. The only difference here is that the people who kill, say, Tara get to loot Tara. People who kill Vizaresh get to loot stuff inside the instance. People have been asking for a reason to go back to non-instanced Pandemonium for a while now, and there really isn't any difference between this and, say, any other mob spawning on a long timer. So the long spawn timer is very much intended. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

I don't wanna clog everyone's system window with a lotta spam announcing mob spawns, but we are looking into a slightly better solution for letting people know when long-spawn mobs are getting ready to pop. =)
    a window, similar to lft window, might be interesting. people can search locally, by level, or even globally, and "name", "spawn time," and "level" could be the columns. or, you know, instead just spam people constantly.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

The 17 hour spawn timer is intended. There is absolutely zero difference between a boss mob that is on a long spawn timer and... well, a boss mob that is on a long spawn timer. The only difference here is that the people who kill, say, Tara get to loot Tara. People who kill Vizaresh get to loot stuff inside the instance. People have been asking for a reason to go back to non-instanced Pandemonium for a while now, and there really isn't any difference between this and, say, any other mob spawning on a long timer. So the long spawn timer is very much intended. =)
    True, also, back in the days before ipande we used to have bot(s) with timers on all mayor mobs like zods/tnh/beast so this is not different, just that the rewards are further ahead and you have to kill stuff on the way (i'm guessing)
    Tara is also a good exaple on a timed mob, etc etc.

first floor is easy, second is fun :O

Xeshm hit you for 6451 points of melee damage.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Ohhhh..... The portal mob have 17h respawn and the portal stay only for 5 minutes.... Dont you think something is wrong? :P

Die and .....oh wait
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

So... The intention is gatter a full team in........ 10 minutes, spend 5 min to reach the "Boss" and hmmmmm..... the ppl who logged 5 min after announce will lose it hmmmmm cause the "Boss" have 17hour spawntime? :P

Quote Originally Posted by shishu View Post
    Die and .....oh wait
    dont die then
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast