Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Start

Fresh Start

Just do it already.

Start a new server. Hell, get rid of the old one and let people "reserve" names of existing toons.
    I'm Batman.

Are you drunk or just plain mad? I haven't spent years on my toons to just start again. The deletion of my toons is acceptable if and only if they close the game unless they want to refund me the time and cost i have in my accounts.

How about a new server for you and whoever else likes this idea and keep the old one for the rest of us.

See, I could just add this photo and re-read everything you said, and laugh.
    I'm Batman.

Lol yeah ok, ill take your word for it. Fortunately i don't need to link a picture to laugh at you. You've always provided enough.

Good suggestion... if you want to shut the game down completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Just do it already.

Start a new server. Hell, get rid of the old one and let people "reserve" names of existing toons.

I GET THE NAME "BATMAN"

YOU CAN HAVE "ROBIN"
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    I GET THE NAME "BATMAN"

YOU CAN HAVE "ROBIN"
    You sound more like a JOKER tho

Quote Originally Posted by jefke View Post
    You sound more like a JOKER tho
    silly "Troller" AO is for kids

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    silly "Troller" AO is for kids
    Tell me if I'm wrong...
    You 'Troll' and then call me a 'Troll' for 'trolling' you?
    I never liked that word, I'm just responding to a forum post and making a silly joke, I'm definately not what you people call a troll these days but I guess you have to be one to know

To be on topic, i'm all for a new server but I'm also not keen on giving up my characters, although on a new server, I'd be willing to start over, provided everyone else is too

restart and set back pre-le at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    restart and set back pre-le at least.
    I cant disagree with this
    I'm not against LE, but from that point on, AO went kinda downhill imo

lol
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Yeah i would play again from start. would be fun.
    Communistic 220/70/30 Shade AKA CommuSoGood.
    Africa
    220/70/30 Shade

See, Gresh, not everyone touches themselves over their 220s.
    I'm Batman.

Not everyone Wyoming, only you. Anybody who wants to start again can do so whenever they please. All they have to do is delete and reroll. Most stupid idea ever!

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Not everyone Wyoming, only you. Anybody who wants to start again can do so whenever they please. All they have to do is delete and reroll. Most stupid idea ever!
    I'd have to disagree
    Sure you can delete and start over, but the point of a new server would be that everyone starts from scratch, which is a HUGE difference then just rerolling on this server

Would everyone on the server wish to start again? What are we trying to combat with the restart? Credits? Gear? Its not the elements of the game that is the problem, it is the outlook of players. It is only a matter of time before the lootrights are sold again or the cred spammers start selling again. Then your be in the same place as now only with lots less items in circulation and no end game toons. There will still be some who have and some who haven't got what they need. People will still moan. Maybe we should reset the server and have it on a 24hour loop cycle where it resets every 24 hours to combat anyone ever getting what they need

There are arguments for, and against this. My general view is for it, or at the very least a second server start up.

Ive never had as much fun as remaking my toons on a fresh server

"consle-ize" AO like Diablo3 ^_=...there's your fresh start....and AO will live forever on your consle ^_=

Then a 24hour loop reset would be perfect for you. There are new games coming out tho. They have fresh servers when they first come out. Give em a try. Funcom reduced the number of servers because people moaned about the playerbase being low. I can really see em rolling out a second one now, especially in the middle of changes for the NPE and GFX release. I doubt they have enough on their hands as it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast