Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Start

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Then a 24hour loop reset would be perfect for you. There are new games coming out tho. They have fresh servers when they first come out. Give em a try. Funcom reduced the number of servers because people moaned about the playerbase being low. I can really see em rolling out a second one now, especially in the middle of changes for the NPE and GFX release. I doubt they have enough on their hands as it is.
    Trust me, a fresh AO start is very fun - when yu are all in the same boat!

On another note, how about being a bit more constructive, and less ignorant. I also speak from experience when I say having to start from scratch, and loosing those toons isnt the be all and end all.

Clearly, there would need to be something 'rewarded' to those players.

But, this is by the by. We are more likely to get a 2nd server than a wipe of RK1. It isnt that hard or complex to do, and there is allready the hardware there to support it.

The only thing that is stopping them is the limited playerbase - but with a rollout happening on other platforms, this should be addressed.

Mark

Oh really? Your speaking from experience? How many times have funcom deleted everyone's characters and restarted the server? Ive forgotten. IM not actually against another server which if youve been reading my posts you would of read. (less ignorance please) IM against my accounts being wiped. I started off from scratch years ago. I ain't doing it again. Regardless of account wipes and everybody starting again not everyone would be in the same boat. Instances of people being in the same boat very rarely happen when you have any sizable collection of people. People have different ideas and outlooks which places them in very different boats. People have different degrees of knowledge and people have varying amounts of free time.

IM not saying that losing the toons is the be all and end all, what are you thinking im saying? I am fully aware that without my toons... Life will still exist, time will still move forward and i will continue to draw breath... What wouldn't happen if the toons were wiped how ever is my ability to finish toons im currently working on or playing of toons ive already worked on.

So basically someone is ignorant if they disagree with something? Lol you have no idea on my motives for my post and see my opinion as wrong even though its just a difference of opinion but yet you call me ignorant? There isn't a person on the planet that isn't ignorant of one thing or another so we are all ignorant to something or another... Was you ignorant of that?

I cant think of anything constructive to say about wiping accounts... Sorry.
    Last edited by gresh; Mar 24th, 2014 at 17:31:59.

I once got all my toons deleted for not logging for 3 months but in the past years they don't do that anymore.

Starting a new fresh server could be nice. However without fixing the real reasons behind the broken economy, borked leveling experience, inability to gain gear by doing level appropriate stuff etc, it would only be cool for a very short time before the same problems would start to rise again. Not to mention that today's mmo crowd would never stick with a game that requires them to actually think or work for their setup.

Resetting the current live server however would be a certain death blow to AO. Even credit wipe or some sort of "phats" purge would kill the game in one strike.

If my characters, items or credits would be deleted i wouldn't even think about returning to the game, ever!

I might consider starting a new character as a side hobby on a new fresh server, but i would never consider that my main, nor would i actively play there.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Well, if I'm not mistaken, in the Beta, outdoor mobs in SL have been nerfed XP-wise.

If they keep those changes, and start afresh, it'll work!
    Just be sure to advertise.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    I once got all my toons deleted for not logging for 3 months but in the past years they don't do that anymore.
    They must have been below level 5, and you would have received an email warning you about the wipe months in advance.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Well, if I'm not mistaken, in the Beta, outdoor mobs in SL have been nerfed XP-wise.
    That has to be about the worst thing i've heard so far. Especially since I like to find the sweet spots in ely/sheol/ado/pen outdoor hunting or dungeon crawling.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Dungeon crawling.

After I specifically said outdoor you still lower the intellect of the entire conversation by saying "dungeon crawling"
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Dungeon crawling.

After I specifically said outdoor you still lower the intellect of the entire conversation by saying "dungeon crawling"
    Seriously? I think what i said was...

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I like to find the sweet spots in ely/sheol/ado/pen outdoor hunting or dungeon crawling.
    BTW "dungeon crawling" does INCLUDE rk spots such as totw, CoH, and mantis den which obviously are NOT in SL.

But thanks for your insight anyway. Nice to see you are high on the reading and comprehension portion of intellect.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Right.

(Ely/Scheol/Ado/Pen) outdoor hunting or dungeon crawling.
    I'm Batman.

Let's start from all the way from beta, tho this time, FC listens to the community more!
    Ciassene

"Nerf everything but Fixer!!!"
    "FIXER IS NERFEST PROF! MEEP DOESN'T EVEN WORK"

How about, no. Let the devs actually play the game.
    I'm Batman.

there is always the diablo 2 method.
    New Extra server with super rare loot, and lots more of it, and u can transfer loot/characters back the old server.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Did you know that FC owns all your toons? They are not yours, they belong to FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Did you know that FC owns all your toons? They are not yours, they belong to FC.
    Yes and no
    We kinda rent the toons that we created in THEIR content
    Either way, whilst we technically do not 'own' them, they cant just take em away legally either

Quote Originally Posted by jefke View Post
    Yes and no
    We kinda rent the toons that we created in THEIR content
    Either way, whilst we technically do not 'own' them, they cant just take em away legally either
    Actually they can... either overtly with server wipe or covertly with an.."oops" server crash.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Good suggestion... if you want to shut the game down completely.
    Some X just wanna watch the world Y
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

Indeed, and how they burn after all.

Coming from someone that was around before LE; I gotta say that AO had problems back then too, that people complained and ragequit over. The only difference I have seen between then and now, is that the population has changed.

Anyone here remember launch? There were 'features' discovered back then that make the current set of 'features' look somewhat normal.

At least now there is an excuse that we have 2 people actually cleaning the lint out of the servers. Whereas before we had larger crews that refused to change even simple things like item descriptions. Those are things you can put an unpaid intern to work on for 10 minutes before sending it off to QA.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciassene View Post
    Let's start from all the way from beta, tho this time, FC listens to the community more!
    FC listens community. Haha nice one!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast