Thread: Keep what we like

Keep what we like

In the process of improving and renewing, one can easily inadvertently remove a part of the game the players enjoy.

I think it would be a good idea for us to list parts of the game that we like, but that are maybe less obvious to developers:

1. Tokens - Especially with dailies which means you get both 1k and 2,5k tokeboard by actually playing the game and don't have to farm tokens just to get tokens. I'd welcome a 5k or 10k tokenboard as long as the stats wheren't so powerful they would become "must have". +10 to all stats maybe, to help with equipping.
    2. Implants - Being able to chose which stats to focus on, and making an effort to use higher ql implants is great at lowlevels. I also like higher ql implants and clusters being a bit hard to get, which makes them a bit more exclusive. Sometimes I wish there were ql 400 implants so they in some spots could be a real option compared to symbs.
    3. All levelranges count - The Notum Wars aspect where battleresults at all levelranges affect side xp, and even lowlevel towers are useful to any character, makes the game more alive at all levels.
    4. Allround useful items - Connected to the previous point. An enormous amount of items are useful either for twinking attributes or stat, use while levelling, use in different setups etc. This contributes to all levelranges feeling alive, and is an incentive to keep random loot for later use.
    5. Yesdrops - Some items being nodrop is fine, as it means you actually have to go kill the boss that drops the item to get it. However, when the majority of items are yesdrop it's easier and more fun to create new characters and the market works better.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Interesting question. After thinking about this for awhile I realize that there are 2 things that are especially important to me in the game:

1. Twinking: I'd like more reasons to make PvM twinks. As it stands, you have the subway, totw, foreman's, s10 and s7/DR. You can go pretty far with a s7/DR twink but the other categories are child's play at this point. You also have some missed opportunities in that you can go into SoM at any level, you can be warped into CoH at any level.. same applies to Inner Sanctum. I guess I would love to see some level caps for those dungeons and/or make some new ones that would give me a reason to twink out and use a non-220 toon.

2. The community: The only other reason I ever bother to log in to game, outside of working on a project is to chat with/play with people that I like. With everyone having 2-6 accounts with 8-12 toons each it is VERY difficult to track down a friend. I stopped maintaining an active friend's list back in 2006 for this reason.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 9th, 2014 at 15:05:15.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

1. Soical tab: used to always hate wearing ugly armors..but thats' solve wiht soical tab & i love all the option 3 layer of equip/imps/soical window to play with.

2. Backpack: always a packed rat and am always greatful that AO has more storage space then most mmo.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Revamp foremans (<3 futuristic sci-fi) and add sectors based on level ranges. Can have 80-100, 100-130, 130-150. Players have determined that the kite in nas and ely is the correct xp-rate btw. Players are always right. Lots of important encounters in AO (totw, foremans) give levels, credits and loot. Dailies, hecklers and itemfarminstances does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    As it stands, you have the subway, totw, foreman's, s10 and s7/DR.
    Pretty pointless to have twinks for those encounters these days.

Low levels and subway is just way too old. The professions are a bit powerless (proportionally seen) and unintresting compared to how they develope later in the game. The tl5-era of progression doesn't have so much pvm even it tho it has great opportunity. Level 200 pvp-twinks became popular tho and is quite fun when enough twinks are on at same time.

Totw: Freeplayers can solo all bosses. What exactly is the point in paid twinks?

The bosses should not be soloable (imo) by paid twinks. Those darn op weapons...

You can go pretty far with a s7/DR twink but the other categories are child's play at this point.
    Soloable >>> Nobody to do it with >>> Pay 4 services.

A ancient lootsystem that encourage small teams w only the nessesary profs not help either.

You also have some missed opportunities in that you can go into SoM at any level, you can be warped into CoH at any level..
    Looks old and bad. Lots of trashmobs with a half-intresting bossfight.

These dungeons conflict with other encounters in the levelrange btw, unlike totw.

same applies to Inner Sanctum.
    IS would be fun and have teamplay if it was a level 200-lock on it.

As it is usually run now is; 220 solo all, other people who need stuff loot. Done.

I guess I would love to see some level caps for those dungeons and/or make some new ones that would give me a reason to twink out and use a non-220 toon.
    this!

2. The community: The only other reason I ever bother to log in to game, outside of working on a project is to chat with/play with people that I like. With everyone having 2-6 accounts with 8-12 toons each it is VERY difficult to track down a friend. I stopped maintaining an active friend's list back in 2006 for this reason.
    It is nice, it is also nice to do pick-up teams and meet need people.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 10th, 2014 at 12:09:09.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Level-locks are pure evil, but I think some osb's need it. Composite MP-buffs should be self only and teachings, masteries, infuses and mochams should last 3 minutes. Then we get more teamplay and more competent players.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Level-locks are pure evil, but I think some osb's need it. Composite MP-buffs should be self only and teachings, masteries, infuses and mochams should last 3 minutes. Then we get more teamplay and more competent players.

Gotta love the sarcasm "thumbs up"