Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18.7 Testlive Patch Notes

18.7 Testlive Patch Notes

We've had a huge set of patch notes posted today and I figured we need a post in our Profession section to discuss the changes made to Bureaucrats.

Link to entire patch notes. https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...14#post6188414

Bureaucrat

The Bureaucrat red tape nano line no longer debuffs inits. The nano programs has been separated in to two lines. The Rubi-Ka red tape nano and the currently obtainable improved red tape nanos are now skill lock debuffs. The accidentally duplicated old red tape nano has been transformed in to a nano delta debuff and has gotten its own weird looking crystal. The Lost Eden version of these nano programs have been removed or added to the malaise line.

The Cut red tape nano programs only improve add all def, skill lock modifier and critical decrease.

Bureaucrat lawyer/secretary pets nw have the same line cooldown as Meta-Physicist attack pets.

/Discuss
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

RIP Quellcrist...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by drakio View Post
    You destroyed init debuffs, indirectly nerfed all crowd control and just you were there, removed the tiny aao part of icrt.

But since some crat could still say 'Im Alive!', with option to spy friendly nanos running,you rendered dtb practically useless, and victims of MRnoobs.
    It isnt only the pvm part getting nerfed, but even pvp!

I'm positive with changes, but i can't understand all that aggro on crats
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

I just came back after many years so excuse my ignorance and forgotten knowledge. But how are these changes affecting us in daily pve/pvp.

It would be nice if we could a nano like the doctors Tired Limbs (at least if they fix it, read doc forums for more) that kinda levels with you to become stronger.

Debuffing will still fit our role so we should get more than just malaise.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Debuffing has been such a defining factor for 'Crats for me, it's going to be hard to adjust to the utterly boring gameplay that seems to be what we get with these changes.

If anyone has any ideas what could replace the loss of -inits instead of just a skilllock that's only marginally useful in pvp, any suggestions would be most welcome!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Area -inits, tired limbs style.
    We haven't had those yet

Doubt fc is receptive to that, but you could always try while i think up of something better
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I loved playing a Crat because it's such an active & hands-on profession. There was always something truly involving when being active on a 'crat, always having to choose whether to debuff, nuke, calm...you get the idea. I'm just very sad that things have been changed as much as they have. Yes there was a need to alter debuffs, but why the knee-jerk removal of almost all of them? There must be some middle ground here before we become nothing more than /pet attack, nuke nuke nuke....Please tell me there's some decent alternatives.

The obvious changes for me for debuffs are:

1 red tape does skill lock (great for PVP)
    1 red tape does AAO debuff (say 120 AAO) (good for PVP and PVM)
    1 red tape does -crit and crit debuff on target (good for PVM primarily but a bit in PVP)

Alternately,

1 red tape does skill lock
    1 red tape does -AAD on target
    1 red tape does -AAO on target

Imo, crat can always use AAO and AAD debuffs. my crat in full CSS is sitting on around 3k AR with troaler/pehwer which I feel is low. doing some -AAD on target will make evaders SLIGHTLY easier to land fling/burst/normal hits on.

Alternately one NR debuff could be effective as well.

in fact, one redt tape that has a -120ish NR debuff with a low NR resist could be very useful couple it with the -AAD red tape and you've got a winner I think.

The person who i assume made the changes (Geneleelelehehehehhehehehehe?) has left funcom..so if she really did come up with these changes herself..we should try and atleast not get -inits nerfed THAT hard.

Of course they needed somewhat of a nerf, but not a massive one like the one stated above, -inits wasnt just for pvm..it was for pvp aswell..one of our ''second'' defenses in pvp..well one of our ''second'' in pvm aswell

But with the huge nerf/removal of most..Crats = just a fixer with pets, and calms ;p. No hots, No runspeed, Barely enough evades unless you you count a (30s) see-able evade-perk evades.

So..we should atleast try to get something in return for this huge loss. for Pvm, and pvp..Im voting for Crat sike! 100% damage to xp!

I have a perfectly twinked level 200/30/70 Crat that was built for pvm solo farming (S7 and DR).

My main focus was to maximise nanoskills so I could cast nanite advanced red tape as well as LMN, which gave me an edge soloing Tower and Technician in S7. Casting 3 (or even 4 if you include the smallest one) red tapes + malaise kept me quite busy and allowed killing those bosses.

I would understand reducing number of red tapes if their debuff effect was proportional to the amount of nanoskils, so there could be 1 malaise and one red tape (with scallable effect) even if it meant slight nerf of overall debuffing.

Removing all red tapes without giving anything to even partially compensate this is just bad !!!

I ll be very sad deleting my favourite character and the one I ve spent most time and energy twinking it to extreme

I am not going to level it to 220 because I already have another 220 Crat...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Removing all red tapes without giving anything to even partially compensate this is just bad !!!
    How is https://tl.aoitems.com/item/236514/ not even a partial compensation?
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

You're talking about a 151-200 team instance without raidlocks, that will drop bots at least some of the time and will drop some very nice other items.
    Your Crat will still be top DD for this, you will probably do better since you can skimp a bit on nanoskills now. You will be essential in the maid fight for calms while retaining high DD due to very good pets, your crat will in fact rock the damn world in there, only, you will need to bring a friend or two.

TL;DR
    Awi, you are a very silly man.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Starphoenix View Post
    How is https://tl.aoitems.com/item/236514/ not even a partial compensation?
    Sorry did not notice that one

-1126 is not that bad as with all present tapes and malaise of desire I get -1354.
    I ll lose some damage debuffs but I think I can live with it

Dogtrauma,
    I know Crat will be essential in S7 team but I am used to soloing all bosses without any friends.
    AO is quite empty and it is good to have something profitable to do when there are no friends online.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Yah, you're not wrong Awi, it's just that i got a bit fed up with all the doom and gloom, not only yours.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I am used to soloing all bosses without any friends.
    AO is quite empty and it is good to have something profitable to do when there are no friends online.
    But on another note; do you really think this is how the game should be ? That one toon should be able to solo a team instance ?

I actually like the recent changes presented on test, and I hope it will make people team more for stuff. Then again, if as you say, noone is one, then I guess we all, one by one, will stop playing, cause we can't get anything done...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    But on another note; do you really think this is how the game should be ? That one toon should be able to solo a team instance ?

I actually like the recent changes presented on test, and I hope it will make people team more for stuff. Then again, if as you say, noone is one, then I guess we all, one by one, will stop playing, cause we can't get anything done...
    While I generally agree that teaming should be encouraged to go get things, please don't forget that for many folks, there is simply nothing left to get! We've had so little new stuff added that aside from helping others, there's really very little need or want to team & to go do those instances. That is one of the huge benefits of having professions that are able to solo effectively, for exactly those times when we don't *want* to team & fancy the challenge of doing content alone.

Yeah, the lack of content is the main problem. I am one of those with nothing left to get, unless I roll a 11th toon (which I don't bother to do tbh, there's no professions left that appeals to me). But I (when I played, haven't played for 2 months now, except checking beta once in a blue moon) do alot of the content with friends to help them get what they need from instances I have done probably a few hundred(if not thousands, who keeps track?) times before. I don't solo much, I usually use 3 clients (without any hotkey-program) and do the content that way if I am bored and just farming stuffs to sell...

But more to the point; profession able to solo effectively should be for content that is supposed to be soloed, I still don't think 1 toon should be able to solo team-content. Maybe the problem with this is the lack of solo-content(which actually may sound ridiculous to some, as this is an mmo). But it is as you say; sometimes there's not enough people on, and sometimes you just WANT to play by yourself. So we should have an alternative that let's us experience that. And I also think that solo-content should be a BIT hard, not ridiculous hard, but hard enough to feel that your twink was worth the XX billion creds and the farming and the twinking time spent.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Am I the only that reallyreally gets annoyed by this change:

Improved red tape cast req Bio Metamor from 538 and
    Psycho Modi from 538

New nano:

Intensify Stress cast req Bio Metamor >= 2000 And
    Self Psycho Modi >= 2000 And

This is just silly, compensating a low lvl nano With a nano that not even my 220 crat can cast and its even a useless nano. Should at least have same reqs as the original nano.

For the record its ok they change nanos, but breaking a nano that many have used hours/days to get to their 150-200 toons and just take it away is not a good way to go.
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

Just make skill lock reduce or increase special cool down like it did a long time ago... but only for crats. >: ) So if a crat debuffs skill lock, longer specials from enemies. If a crat buffs his own skill buff, faster specials.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast