Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New nano changes w/ 18.7

New nano changes w/ 18.7

Our Nano Changes:

Soldier's one more hit healing has been updated. It is now a complete healing which will be paid back after 7 seconds leaving the soldier with 1 health.
    Soldier AAO buff Automatic Targeting now increases the target's AAO skill by 30 points.(To replace FAT aao)
    Soldier AAO buff Full Automatic Targeting now increases the target's AAO skill by 74 points.(Still less then alaapa buff/doesn't stack)
    Soldier Improved Automatic Targeting is now a Composite heavy artillery buff that increases the target's Assault Rifle, Rifle, Grenade, Heavy Weapons and Ranged Energy Weapon skills by 100.(needs tested to see what line its in, use to be FAT)

i know how I feel about them, what about you guys.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

One more hit is 10k on db rip, is this getting changed to 100% in the next testpatch you mean?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

if tms still blocks omhh its useless..
    i dont understand the constant aao/defense escalation, its been fine 2 times, before sl and right after LE was launched.. taking turns adding attack rating to soldiers and evades to evaders is pointless

So no word on a SMG buff line? That means SMG users will be losing some AR if IAT becomes a weapon skill buff instead of a aao buff.

omhh like Nomad said useless unless we can use it during ams/tms, either nanoskills and no reflects are locked or we already have ams/tms up because it's a lot better defense than full hp or 10k heal momentarily to then be put in a one more hit dead situation reflects or no, even timing heal perks stim and lifeblood/survival you'd be in a very iffy spot or dead if you take a capping hit or any damage before hd/hots have you in a safe range (at least 7-10k hp depending on your cap)

AT/FAT meh will have to see how much def other profs get or lose.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

OMHH is a nerf, but I dont think they want us to be as persisting in PvP without a real downtime. Currently a well geared soldier fairs pretty well vs most other well geared professions. Even if he can't kill them he will have time to escape, or do damage. (Of course its gear dependent) But generally.

We just may need to save MoTR for escaping and such.

I know my soldier is only level 200, but hes geared very well and OMHH is rediculous on him. I was even able to use it to my benefit when it hurt us, because I had so little Add Damage on my soldier.

I rarely needed it, and usually just used TMS to stop burst damage from killing me.

OMHH was fun vs... a gimp advy who couldnt kill me with regular hits. I will miss it, BUT I could see this working well for NM (and lucky soldiers who use absorb at the right time.

(Assuming you can use it under TMS or after TMS runs out) You might be able to cast it, run around for a few seconds. Pop an absorb, then use up every heal item you have. Stim/JJ Berry/Sitting for heal Delta and Kit/Heal perks/Hots.

If it gets you that extra couple seconds into your 30+% reflects coming back up or being able to cast TMS again it could still serve its purpose.

I suppose the only other time OMHH was really needed for me was vs an agent or so that I was trying to land One Foot in the Grave on.

I could spam it, fail, absorb huge alpha. Freak out. Use all heal items and spam OMHH a couple times so I knew I would survive next AS/Perk, then try OMHH again. Hope for miracle or such.

10,000 heal is alot on a soldier. Alot of OMHH casts to get to that point. Especially if you are taking damage from a real, potent foe. A NT/Agent/Enforcer for example. Zaps your arse and starts his **** train. This might be meant as a skin of your teeth backyard-run nano. It, TMS, and run for BY as you PoP MoTR. OMHH never really saved you in that situation. TMS did. But if TMS wont keep you alive to the BY, this + TMS might.
    Last edited by Herkulease; Aug 15th, 2014 at 16:55:28.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Honestly, I dont see the point in having a complete heal if you are going to be dead 7 seconds later because the nano strips you of all your health. 7 seconds is a rather short time, OMHH needs to be changed to something more practical and useful.

I may be wrong, but didn't someone suggest for OMHH to heal for 10k then after X amount of time take away like 5k? And if the soldier had like 12k hp, used the nano at 1k HP then their health dipped to 4k, the nano would bring them down to 1 health at that point?

I suggested that the heal HP amount be reduced to 0 on termination.

So it BUMPS your HP by X, heals by X and after 7 secs the HP part terminates.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

should have been a DOT just like the trader team heals
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    I suggested that the heal HP amount be reduced to 0 on termination.

So it BUMPS your HP by X, heals by X and after 7 secs the HP part terminates.
    I still think this is the best route.

X just can't be so large that it's imbalanced.

Even 1k heal with a lockout of 2 minutes is useful.

A 2k heal with a 3 minute lockout is good too. (about the same as harmonize body and mind) (this actually only requires that you remove your weap to pop it which is certainly easy with anger.

Agree, i dont want 10k heal.. id be happy with say a 5k HP & Heal component and a 5k HP hit.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

I can't begin to tell you how much I stressed dropping Soldiers to 1hp is death none the less.

all it takes is that lowby doc wondering by to land a DoT

Think FC_AO asked for alternatives whilst considering the mechanic and intention, i know i have offerred a couple of alternatives, which i dont think are by any means or measure 'OP' as such.

I know it has to be unique and soldiery, defined by the toolset and what not, but i cant ever really recalling anyone ever asking for a heal, outside of trolls and the like. Let alone one that can kill us after 7secs.

The only thing that this would be useful for (which confuses me as AO not for duels) is at the very end of a dual when you know you need a few seconds more.

Said the pixels lol..

I'd rather see OMHH changed into:

1 100% self heal (5 min recharge and 10min cooldown)

Block nano part (5 min)
    2 Nano skills inoperative (<-- might not be needed with a 5min recharge)
    3 Heal reactivity set to -95%
    4 Heal delta set to "0"
    5 lock treatment and First aid
    6 block CH nano line..

One more heal hit and then during the cooldown you can only rely on your defences without almost any form of being heal capability

Perhaps fiddle with the duration...

Usefull in PvP and PvM without killing to 1hp and a certain death.
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Aug 20th, 2014 at 10:18:02.

Why not make it a like a combat drug? Boosting HD and initiatives and giving a stacking, fairly long Stamina debuff.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Rename it to hit-me-more and make it heal you when you get hit, lasts for 15 secs.
    That's a reversed shade healnano for you.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Zweljge's idea is pretty good, but it might be even a bit too powerful since it would essentially be providing about 45k effective HP to the soldier which could be used once per fight (duel say)...

I mean, that's buying a lot of time in a fight. You'd never be able to kill a soldier 1 on 1.

In duelling that would be extremely unfair, but I don't really care about duels. On the battlefield, not a bad nano. In a 1 on 1 it's kinda cool, since "SOLDIER" implies that the battlefield is their stomping grounds and you would never want to take on a soldier 1-1 in their area.

How about a 30% hp instaheal with 2? minutes cooldown that only can be used during tms downtime. Would fit perfect with the theme. Skill req psymod.

I want no AMS NSD.
    just for the simple fact that i want to be able to cast grave and such.
    Not being able to cast nanos in our toolset makes no sense to me.

I see many good ideas here
    The one thing I don't like about this new OMHH is that it lowers your hp to death :P

Possibly lowering the heal itself and creating an extended lockout would work in my book.

Let me direct your eyes to this:
    https://aoitems.com/item/275141/

I also want to push to be a ranged tank. Better aoe etc, which could turn into a whole nother ball game.

If nsd is gone, thats good. It doesn't change the fact that tms needs a downtime, and that's when we usually needheals. If omhh was an instaheal for 30% thats another capped hit, would work at all lvls. Two-more-hit healing could be a last resort kinda nano with a longer cd and some penalty to use. Bo.ut aoe, could we push for that heavy weapon and grenade gets aoe on hit? I doubt it would ruin the game, those weaps arent great to begin with, besides mbc.
    Last edited by Nomad; Aug 29th, 2014 at 00:18:17.

its a shame funcom only thinks about 220, rather than 1-219.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast