Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 17th, 2009 - Questions?

Q: Now that you have "fixed" ranged advs, will you at all look at mele advs, or are they fine and dandy in your (read: FC) view? (Im not talking about that you will look at all other profs).
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Means;

Question 1) How is the progress on the new engine going? - is there a chance to show off some screenshots of it yet?

Question 2) What is being included in this new 150-200 instance and how is it progressing, will there be any NEW weapons/items/armor for us to get (similar to ToTW/IS)

Thanks

Means: I am currently stuck at home with some friends with absolutely nothing to do. What should we do today?

Also ...can i hav ur stuff?
    Melinea - 218/12/40 Solitus Crat
    Blueyed - 150/2/7 Nanomage Doctor
    Andousto - 80/4/8 Solitus Soldier

With zero power comes zero responsibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I am currently on Vacation! (This means of the five workdays this week I managed to not be in the office for two of them!) With the exception of the few known issue-fixes (+ ever present exploit fix work...) we are sending to TestLive right now not a great deal else was worked on by me this week. SO...this week...you guys ask...and I'll try to answer as many as I can when my kids go to sleep. (My wife just gave them some chocolate..this could take awhile...)

Who has the first question this week?

ps. All Hail Macrosun!
    Question: When will we see another screenshot/vid of the upcoming gfx update? There hasnt been any update in a year and a half
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Question: When will we see another screenshot/vid of the upcoming gfx update? There hasnt been any update in a year and a half
    This ^
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by gridpain View Post
    means :

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen fixer?
    ftfy

No Questions here.

Enjoy your much-deserved vacation, Mr. Game Director.

ps. Macrosun deserves a vacation too.
    how long to you intend to keep him locked up in your basement without any pants?
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Great to hear about the neut neck items, but do you plan on also giving us lower ones as well? It's crap being stuck with the CoH collar till TL6, we need options for TL3, 4 and 5.

Also, do you plan on introducing a way for AI30 people to have ATE3 without having to reperk? Almost everyone that grinded AI30 did it so they can train 3 full perk lines, we don't want to waste our hard-earned perks on ATE.
    Last edited by Eseb; Jul 17th, 2009 at 18:38:46.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

70 page thread incoming.
    Angryguy is to lazy to make a real sig.

Q: Means do you think this whole, having people asking a TON of questions idea was a bad idea in hindsight?

Question. when are you looking to change AS? atm I'm holding off doing an IP reset(to add the EC3 as my pvp wep.), at the same time I'll be putting in the rest of my alpha symbs, any info would be great thanks

Means: Whats the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

Means: Boxers or briefs?

Means: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Means: Can I have a cookie?

Means: When will the fixer balance discussion start in the fixer forums?

Means: I really think this unmoderated question format was perhaps not the best idea, do you?

Means: What does the sound of the colour blue taste like?

Means: Fed up with my questions yet?

Means: Why are you looking at me like that while reaching for the nerfbat?

I have a couple of questions: What changes do you have planned for specials (in particular regarding AS and FA) & when do you plan to have these changes implemented on testlive?

Thanks
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

My question will be:
    Can you comment the below, which pretty much covers my concerns as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    Don't worry, neutrals will be phased out eventually. No plans on developing them into a side. Putting in application forms (only usable by neutrals) to kill off even more of the population, and assimilating them into either clan or omni. It would be one thing to put app's in for all sides, but to only allow neutrals kind of ticks me off a bit. It's a pretty clear message to me.

It would really be Anarchy Online with 3 sides battling it out agaisnt one another. Each side being equal in how much time you want to develope your character, sadly thats not the case. But as it is, it's just one side (Omni) on RK1. No offense to Omni's at all. Lots of great people there, but I just wonder what FC will do when 80%+ wind up being Omni.

Where will the conflict be? Any opposition will just get steam rolled. Why not call it Omni Online. You want a dynamic game, develope all 3 equally. That would be Anarchy. Neutrals were never meant to be a power in the conflict, thats fine too. But the game evovles and changes. What will you do FunCom when neutrals do switch to Omni?

Clans having enough of it, and just give up due to the imbalance. How will you balance the game then? What kind of changes will you then have to make for battlestations to run. This could of been a good way to introduce another power in the conflict (albiet a divided one, due to how neutrals like to play, but thats besides the point).

I just see this as a missed opportunity, that can oneday come to bite you back in the ass.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Spankstick View Post
    Q: Means do you think this whole, having people asking a TON of questions idea was a bad idea in hindsight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Means: Whats the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

Means: Boxers or briefs?

Means: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Means: Can I have a cookie?

Means: When will the fixer balance discussion start in the fixer forums?

Means: I really think this unmoderated question format was perhaps not the best idea, do you?

Means: What does the sound of the colour blue taste like?

Means: Fed up with my questions yet?

Means: Why are you looking at me like that while reaching for the nerfbat?
    Yeah, he may be questioning the idea now.

Question: Back in the March 27th FWM you said you wanted to add more ways to gain VP. Any progress there?

Talking My questions would include:

1. When will you let us transfer characters between accts? That would be another account I would buy on the spot to move one of my 220's to, which equals more $ in Funcoms pocket. Gief plx.

2. When will you streamline the errrr ... "Gaute Mechanics" of the RK experience? Some aspects of the past need to be modernized maybe. While totally new content is great I really think there is a world of optimization in the "oldschool" mechanics that would help tremendously. For example... Token guns! Everyone hates to do it cos it is slow and boring as hell. Streamline that quest! Why cant we just hand in a backpack of guns and get 2 tokes boom, instead of having to wade thru... "Gaute Mechanics". Those are defined as any incredibly tedious process that serves no purpose other than to waste time and inhibit any rational beings enjoyment of what they are being made to do.

3. You say xp constructs are a sympttom of lvling being too slow... why did you made Pande raids not give sk then? I'd be much further ahead on all that research if I was already getting xp while I grinded pande. Like I said new daily mish for uber xp sounds great, but how about making the old stuff work "smarter" not harder :P

4. We need another SL like expansion with ZONES. SL ruled cos it was a whole new world. When AI came out it didnt have a whole new world, neither did LE. While Arid is nice from what I've poked around in it is still just a bigger version of the AI/LE approach to zones. Gief us a new world... past the Pande portal plx. Oh and fill in RK missing zones as well, gief each RK zone a Raid Dungeon of some kind, filled with massive rp detail of course

5. Speaking of past pande... we need more raids. But like epic raids... the ones I know the AoC engine can handle. I want places that drip atmosphere and gief us more to do, fun cool looking places to explore and get phatz.

6. Different looking mobs and bosses! It was nice to see the different icons for the LE mish drops, now keep going plx. More individual icons/meshes for boss... I dun wan TSS/TNH/SS/TPS to all look the same, just taller! Gief sexy new boss models plx.

7. Update more lewt! The upgraded items with the xan and db stuff are awesome. More of this plx on more old stuff.

8. Gief evades back plx and gief MA just...one...decent...heal... that we can actually cast! Im not asking for BoL but ffs FC gief us a 6sec 2.7k abouts heal! plx

9. Make Dread Quest repeatable daily! Me no pvp! But me want VP!

10. Make the interface less "dry". Its like reading a textbook! Gief me a cool display of me, my stats, etc with a little pizzazz plx.

11. I'm sure I'll think of more!
    Last edited by Deaconfrost; Jul 17th, 2009 at 19:14:53.
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Q: What is in the mysterious chests in CoH?
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    1. When will you let us transfer characters between accts? That would be another account I would buy on the spot to move one of my 220's to, which equals more $ in Funcoms pocket. Gief plx.
    I am not going to say how much I might pay for the right to do this, but let me just say that my wife would be pissed, if she knew how much it was (AO>college tuition for kids).

Means: Any chance of this?
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Question:
    Sil mentioned once I belive that you concidered making it easyer for us to relog, so we dont have to type in the password every time we change toon and maybe faster. Any plans for this in the future?

One idea that struck me for this is to just use the room where we choose proffession during character creation. Have the toons that are rolled stand there looking as they look ingame atm, press to select(you then zoom in on it like when creating character) and press again to enter game. Hopefully it would be fast to leave one toon and enter the character chamber, so relogs would be quick. And when leaving game it would be ususal logout time.

Hope this made sense.
    Queen off the *evita family

Quote Originally Posted by Zevita View Post
    Question:
    Sil mentioned once I belive that you concidered making it easyer for us to relog, so we dont have to type in the password every time we change toon and maybe faster. Any plans for this in the future?
    I asked that and got it answered (sort of) the last time he answered questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    "Back when the log-in window was changed to requiring us to enter our password each time Sil said something they'd like to do is allow us to change chars without logging completely out. Is anything like that being looked at?"

Not that I know about...but Macrosun has SECRETS!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast