Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 9th, 2011 - Next Update info

Funcom employee Friday with Means - December 9th, 2011 - Next Update info

I returned to work Thursday this week after my trip to Disney with my family (now I REALLY need a vacation...those of you with small children will totally understand) so I'm busy catching up with the team about all the cool stuff they made that I didn't approve of while I was gone. It seems like the long standing tradition of "make cool stuff while Means is away" is still in force and has produced some fun stuff for this year's holiday. The entire Phasefront platform on Newland Lake is my favourite example of "he's on vacation" content...wow was I surprised when I saw that....and quite impressed. It looks like the holiday content is shaping up quite well and the version on Test is looking like a great candidate for the live dimensions next week.

Work continued on the engine while I was away. They have fixed the horizon object to no longer randomly allow partial light to pass through (a visual glitch visible in the old AO client too) and are currently working on fixing self illumination of monsters.

Other things next week's update will contain that is not Christmas related:

- The Gauntlet should no longer cause issues with multiple bosses.
    - The ancient novictum refiner should no longer be unique nor nodrop, but it will still be expensive to buy.
    - You can now ask John Smith for up to 3 Battle Station daily missions per day.
    - Notum Scourge in Penumbra should no longer be spawning underground
    - Daily Mission: Emergency Call will no longer be bugged for level 219 players.
    - Pocket Bosses will no longer remove most of your health.
    - Inside the Ruins in Arid Rift will no longer reset if you leave it (only the solo instance)
    - Daily Mission: Rats/Bugs! Will no longer reset if you leave it, and if you fail you can restart by talking to the Exterminator NPC.
    - New stims/rechargers have been added as loot of npcs in dungeons on Rubi-Ka
    - Shades will now be able to more easily get spirit from a new pocket boss in Shadowlands
    - Treatment kits can now be used on pets out of combat.
    - New Daily Mission: Pendpod Rescue
    - Daring Syndrome (AI hostile monster nano) removed.
    - Fixed various exploits
    - The Cup is no longer missing a Bartender
    - Penumbra Questline now offers a new Bureaucrat nano crystal reward: Carlita Desposito. If you have already completed this quest line - speak to the yutto again to get the reward. The old nano can still be obtained via Rubi-Ka missions terminals, and it is no longer no drop.
    - New MA weapon and tradeskill added to the Beast

Sector 10

- Removed snare towers.
    - Exits have been added throughout the area.
    - ICE and Bounty items are no longer available.
    - Bosses are no longer rooted.
    - Bosses will now be fought in team/solo instances available at the entrance.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Waldgeist edit: German Translation
    Last edited by Means; Dec 9th, 2011 at 22:08:22.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

First page
    Point Blank

posting on a friday
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

I'm glad the team got to do some new cool stuff, perhaps you should go on vacation more often?

Also, you basicly pasted in the patchnotes that were already available here on the forums, well that's one way of doing a friday update i guess.

On a totaly unrelated note, this looks like fun:
    http://www.ao-con.com/
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Dec 9th, 2011 at 17:40:38.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I used to play AO, but then I took a arr..

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The entire Phasefront platform on Newland Lake is my favourite example of "he's on vacation" content...
    Aye, looks like a lot of work went into it, now will it ever be updated with new stuff, or hath it been abandoned?

Oh and; first page or some such.
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Welcome back from vacation Means, I hope your not too worn out. You still have all the christmas stuff you have to do (For AO AND IRL) before you can relax

- Penumbra Questline now offers a new Bureaucrat nano crystal reward: Carlita Desposito. If you have already completed this quest line - speak to the yutto again to get the reward. The old nano can still be obtained via Rubi-Ka missions terminals, and it is no longer no drop.
    have there been any changes done to carlita since it was introduced on test?

I really hate that you guys removed bounties
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Nice stuff....
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Next patch looks really nice
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Since you have removed the snare towers from S10 because they weren't serving their function, has there been any consideration on removing them from Arid Rift as well?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Still first page, not bad

Welcome back from vacation Means, hope you had a good time!
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

whoohoo...Qret love...err crat love
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

Can't wait for those new updates ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Since you have removed the snare towers from S10 because they weren't serving their function, has there been any consideration on removing them from Arid Rift as well?
    Now that S10 is no longer good for fast&easy money or CRU, it will look rather deserted. So, definitely no snare towers needed.

Following that logic, the towers in Arid Rift have to go as well. Its been dead longer than S10. At least compared the gold rush when it opened. Holy, those were funny train-days!
    ಠ_ಠ

First page
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

first... page...

Excited about the new s10 features... Great job with everything and welcome back!
    Last edited by wooooot; Dec 9th, 2011 at 18:45:52.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast