Thread: I make a thread then about tl 5 engi, and its simple.

I make a thread then about tl 5 engi, and its simple.

as title say i want to adress a tl 5 engi issue here with you, and i hope the professionals can take this further.

engis can cast and use 200 slayer heavy twinked at level 50 ish and rather easy at 60.

now this 200 slayer you are stuck with even at 150-170 the tl 5 twink level wich has the 2nd largest playergroup in anarchy online.

its rather dumb to send my 200 slayer pet on a 150-170 twink that i used vs level 60 players, the worst part is that a level 60 can kill my 200 slayer, and here i use it as a 170 engi vs 170 twinks.. there is no logic in it, its utterly useless and we ned a better pet for tl 5 with more dmg and attack rate.
    and the same with the grey dog you can cast at level 100.. we use it at level 150-170 aswell.. it has no damage or attack rate either..

so i suggest and hope this can be adressed furter that engis at tl 5 should get a new slayer pet and dog.
    and no i dont want to hear about that we maybe get in balance.. the balance we waited 6 years for, and we can wait 6 more years, so thats not acceptable.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Aug 2nd, 2014 at 12:58:17.

its not really about at which level you can cast the slayer and for how long we are stuck with it. but i do agree, except for making you harder to tab on bs or making the opponent lose time when he calms them (no idea why peeps do that anyway) there is no point in even casting them.
    in pvm the slayer is good and doesnt need a boost, but in pvp the attack rating is just not sufficient enough. the dog has good-ish ar compared to the slayer but it killed with 1 hit and it takes 30 sec to recast the shell and another 30sec to fully buff it. (please no discussion on how long it takes to cast and buff pets). in pvm everywhere theres area dmg for instance s10 the dog dies too within seconds.

however, nothing will happen prebalance. (if thats ever gonna be released which i highly doubt)

funcom only deletes buffs, they dont modify them
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    (please no discussion on how long it takes to cast and buff pets)
    Um why not? This, and basically only this, is why I never played my engi once I had other characters leveled up.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

TL5 engis have a good amount of personal damage and tower taking ability as it is, as well as some absolutely game changing utility at wars (which is mainly where I use mine).

I'd rather see some more quality of life (buff times and nano costs?) or even small buffs to the utility part of the kit, I don't really care if they're super solo killers or not.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Aug 4th, 2014 at 11:27:06.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Well, as far as the dog goes, *hopefully* it will get some love with the new "consolidated" pet mechanic. MP pets currently level based on your nanoskills until the next "tier," and the same has been proposed for engies even though it hasn't happened yet. MP mezz/heal pets level, so I don't see why the dogs wouldn't, too.

Doesn't do anything for the slayerdroid problem, but at least it's something.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    TL5 engis have a good amount of personal damage and tower taking ability as it is, as well as some absolutely game changing utility at wars (which is mainly where I use mine).

I'd rather see some more quality of life (buff times and nano costs?) or even small buffs to the utility part of the kit, I don't really care if they're super solo killers or not.
    as soon as dvp gets "fixed" there wont be any def left for engis. in pvm it makes a HUGE difference whether or not you can blind your enemies or not (especially for adds)

also: the main engi def at tl7 are their spec blockers. with 150 (125+) the best buff gives you 3 absorbs/minute. which is good to reduce the alpha but then thats about it.

I haven't used DVP in a while because most of my missions were Inf missions in a team and it broke calms (don't know if that's still the case now), but I remember that for solo leveling, especially in RK missions, it was in many cases the only thing keeping me from certain death. Even at 220, it is still almost mandatory in solo situations with numerous adds. As it stands, even three to four yellow mobs can be a threat. With DB armor and IMEP/IDBEP I can solo one yellow/orange with just myself. Widowmaker can take a couple if I'm careful to have him cycle through hitting them to keep aggro, and the dog can usually take one by himself even though he's squishy. If I get a couple grits in a row or heal the not a few times though, aggro from 2-3 mobs will drop me dead very quickly. While between myself and my bots I do some pretty stellar DD, my tanking ability is almost solely constrained by the ability of the Widowmaker to hold aggro, which is unreliable at best.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by revenant342 View Post
    I haven't used DVP in a while because most of my missions were Inf missions in a team and it broke calms (don't know if that's still the case now)
    It doesn't break crat calms anymore. Trader, advy, it still does though.
    Because Race Yalm

from begining my adventure on engi PVP, and it was back in 2006, I never used pet - thus my eng, Najslodsza, was named Wannabe Shade. I was sneaking bastard with medalion on target, crit setup and maxed Reflect. Since then, only gain engi had was AMEP (still hard to equip, but doable at 150). Later on, we have cut down our def abilities one by one, with new expansions. AI brought dmg for everyone, and more HP and def, which made medalion at Tl5 obsolete (or even hard to land in most cases). Engi slayer is a toy for pvm, and its boring as damn to have it for over 100 levels (with ease). Only thing we got is a 175 dog, which is alphakill for every profession.

To be honest - I rather would see questable Warbot with diffrent mesh (black, for example - its NOT HARD TO DO!!!) with doubled AR for PVM purposes, lets say, lvl 190 bot, then get "new" slayer. Also, dog should be castable at 150 - which was discussed (and promissed at some point) here, on forums, several times.

Problem with engi at low/mid lvl is lack of DD - I know, in PVM we can get insane ammount of damage, but in PVP situation every single dmg is a pain to deal with, and our main defences are spec blocker (no need to change) and low HP - so, overall, since we can not gain more def (no HP for sure, no more blockers, for sure too, and no ACs), we should get our toolset fixed to stand a chance twink vs twink.

I dumbed Najslodsza long time ago as a TL5 twink - and you won't see more then 1 or 2 engis total at TL5 that do actually pvp, duels and BS, because they are - indeed, petless.

Even at 200, my eng Tereshkova, is not using pets - they may be timetaking for most, but relatively they are evaded even by soldiers, not mentioning any evade profession.

Funny part is - that it doesnt require a lot of work to change dog reqs. and add new, black A4000 robot ql 190 with boosted AR.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I think a reasonable change for engies is very simple.

Make all the spec blockers do 1 more than current, and add 1 normal hit.... AND

make them instacast with a high nanocost.

That sounds like it could be fun.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

they need to lower the level requirements on the level 201 slayer, 175 doggy and the 195 blocker nanos to level 165 (or even 151 if they're feeling generous). problem solved.

except funcom don't care
    Casual/former player known as
    - Nnivekccub / Kingduck / Mongoose