Thread: Testlive Patch Notes: 18.7.0.17

Testlive Patch Notes: 18.7.0.17

Just to start things up I will only go though the following part off the (many) posts from that update.

Advy Nano's:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...14&postcount=5

And there is where the trouble (for us) starts. There wasn't much luv for us in the lasts few changes and atm we aint getting luv this time.

All the stuff that's being rolled out is largely to the morph tool-set for the advy.
    Mainly it's alot of shifting numbers and the result will not be a huge loss or win yet more forcing the Advy to pick a morph for a specific roll. This isn't new but I guess with this rearrangement FC tries it again....?

Imho I like the "more" morph specific roll, I like playing the advy in a morph form (others might not), but there will always be a "favourite" morph and the things we loose and get in return (short morph specific boosters with longish cool-downs) will not make it worth the hassle of switching morphs on the fly during combat. So I guess it's a loss there for us Advies.

One of the things I really don't like and I consider one of the largest losses for the Advy profession is that we loose almost every (good) form of Team support. No more "morphs" other or team, Mother of Wolf or the Stare perception line. People might hate morphs but being in Wolf with an advy could added up to:

@220 Wolf morph (for the other team members and it stack's with everything)
    + 415 RS
    + 87 all damage types
    + 30 AAO
    + 261 all evasion
    + Perception 900
    + Concealment 100
    + Max Health 100
    + Parry 20 (<- the new Deflect)

Loosing this will promote us to the bottom of the LFT table, now that MA's are better healers as well.

The few "good" things (but I'm not sure that advy's should have such tools in the first place, or we get the "advy's have it all" rant all over again)...
    More conceal, AS buff, Crit increase in leet morph and proper Calms.

The first 3 are for the AS support and moving further away from the FA pistol of which some of us are stuck with from lvl 60 till endgame. All the AS support is atm only at good use for endgame game-play (unless in all the weapons rework a good lower lvl AS alternative has been created)...

Proper calms: no idea where this came from or where FC thought it would be a good Advy asset to alter the already (if you know how to use it) oke calms we had. K, the use of these new calms is more kid friendly but I already hear other professions complaining...

I know not all nano's are done yet, but I fear for what's to come of our healing and remaining tool-set. I hope advy's get some better team support however I don't think that will be incoming.... (not to mention "Soon")

Post your concerns and questions here and lets see what I can answer or can get answered.
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Aug 7th, 2014 at 22:04:02.

18.7 is at best ill conceived, by people that have never played this game, or at worst pretty much the end of AO.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Why should any one playing a massive online roleplay game, adept to changes? When OPness been such a joy :P

We knew that there be changes to Adv morp nanos long time ago, don't be so surprised when they happen.

Zwelgje: I think Adv had the luv for like 90% of AO life span
    Last edited by Ironmax; Aug 7th, 2014 at 22:47:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post

And there is where the trouble (for us) starts. There wasn't much luv for us in the lasts few changes and atm we aint getting luv this time.

LOL?

Advies getting the most love as usual... man, starting off your discussion with "the trouble starts" is hilarious.

All profs are getting nerfed, it's nothing new when you got a game this old, but how can you pretend that getting an automatic 145 more Aimed shot skill just handed to you a "nerf" ? That's hilarious.

Advy's as usual, got the least nerfing and the most sweet additions in terms of usability in their toolset.

After these changes, it's going to be advy online, all over again. I'm going to suit up my advy as soon as I can, since they are going to be uber dominant once again.

I'm looking forward to being the tank, then switching morphs and being DPS, then switching morphs and going to PVP.

And this is hat I was afraid off.

@Iron, yes the changes where known for quit some time however. It isn't the nerf itself regarding the morph towards Advy's that I don't like (doh I'm not fond of the short booster buff that are morph specific either) but the involvement of an Advy to be wanted in a team getting worse.

If you could point out the 90% luv of which you speak... People tend to speak about Advies getting all the love and having it all but truely, what did adventurers get from 2004 that others didn't get ?

@McKnuckle
    In your eyes, what kinda love do you see Advy's are getting...?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you've been always been more interested in the PvP part of AO. All the AS, crit and conceal buffs are only usefull for Aimed shot. For which only support is given at end-game with the Xan pistol. Until then there isn't much use for it at all, and imho it should not be a part of the advy toolset at all, where did that AS for Advy thing come from?

Thus my main concern is that all team support (besides the healing: no idea how that will turn out) will be removed from the Advy tooset which I think is a huge loss for a character in a MMORPG (<---- Important part...). Yes all profession are getting nerfed however most of them keep to remain there aura's and other team support tools (even if it is in a reduced form).
    Try getting a team (and I don't mean a farm team for the collector)...

The tank morph isn't fully a tank morph, thus you are not wanted for tanking,
    You could compare the Tank morph with a Soldier however the soldier is better at it. Besides the occasional lack of Enf's yes Soldiers do tank however it's not on a regular base. Currently I see that not being replaced for an Advy.

The DPS morph isn't good enough to compete with real DPSers and only in PvP the Leet or Wolf morph come into play which is a trade off between an evade support PvP toon of a semi gank leet toon with not enough power to really kill the opponent.

Most people think that the adventurer toolset is "the jack of all trades" however non of it is good enough to be wanted in a team only on it's merits of the new skills.

-----------

We'll see how it works out....

Losing team support is saddening for me because that's one of the reasons I would bring my Advy along to stuff. Perhaps I'm a rare freak or something but I didn't actually roll my advy to lolDuel.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

RIP Jesharet
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

but the involvement of an Advy to be wanted in a team getting worse.
    I see your point there, thought AO is not like WoW, I never heard about a person not getting in team because he is a adv, in AO you get inn because your needed as a player. Very few times a adv buffer others with Sabratooth or wolf form, unless the group needs Runspeed(Movespeed)
    for towers etc. I hate to be in wolf form, not sure if they improve Free form movement or something none morphing boosts (they should). And what about the Grove Warden form was that even covered?
    Last edited by Ironmax; Aug 8th, 2014 at 15:28:47.

Well I used to bring mine along for grouping buffs and support. So now what's the reason to bring an Advy along to a group situation again? I guess I'll be off soloing something like a billy-no-mates then WTB lootrights.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Is there some link you can check the values for certain level on adv? Would be nice to see the bonus for tl5 tl6 etc.
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

Quote Originally Posted by Puheenjohtaja View Post
    Is there some link you can check the values for certain level on adv? Would be nice to see the bonus for tl5 tl6 etc.
    I'm planning to make my own version of the Advy nano document. There you should be able to enter a specific lvl and see all the buffed stats in one overview. (Hope I get it to work).

I like the Idea of having specific roles in different morphs. I was so happy about seeing that adv might be a semi tank beside the enfos.

Until i tried. The taunt options is so low that even a doc without using CH was able to pull the aggro off me. While healing yourself to help docs, hitting in melee with fast attack, brawl, perks.

Checked several times at Pande, and one time Tara. The fact that melee advs strongest base attack (Backstab) can just be used from behind and not attacked, doesn't make the tanking process easier. But at least it helps if you loose aggro over and over again.

So far what i managed to test as Pit Lizard.

In your eyes, what kinda love do you see Advy's are getting...?
    Meeeeebee I missed some stuff, but:

• Calm can now be used on monsters in combat, has a 1s recharge, 10s lockout, and 100% nanoresist, which is a pretty solid improvement all around.
    • Wolf now has a 18 second 500 AAD buff on a two minute cooldown, instead of slobber. This is a pretty good trade, I'd say.
    • Leet has an 18 second 250% crit buff on two min cooldown, as well as 700 conceal, 700 runspeed, and 18% passive crit. Basically, you can FP Agent.
    • Pit lizard is a legitimate PvM morph. You've got two taunt nanos, which god knows suck for the main target, but look like legitimate add control.
    • It's also legit for PvP. 10k hp/AC buff, and an 18 second window where people can kill themselves on your 700 damage shield, not to mention a buffed version of slobber.
    • Frenzy of Fur is no longer suicide by agg/def if you use it at the wrong time. That came at a cost of 120 situational AAD, but a lot more damage and +300 inits.
    • More AS.
    • Pulling errythang all teh tiem.
    • Sneak attack buff for the ones who stay melee.

The bad things:
    • Teammates lose 250 evades and 400 runspeed.
    • Slobber nanolines are gone from wolf and kitty.
    • Wolf aura evades are on wolf form so you can't have the aura going briefly during sabretooth in duels.
    • No more +900 percept for everyone, which was imbalanced to begin with (18.7 shade love aside).
    • No more Pit Lizard nukes.
    • Kin of Tarasque is gone.

Both in PvP and PvM, I think Advies are going to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    • Sneak attack buff for the ones who stay melee.
    • Kin of Tarasque is gone.
    My Advy likes the SA buff. And I'm sure everyone in the entire game will enjoy KoT being removed and somehow breaking every ql160+ mobs drop table

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    My Advy likes the SA buff. And I'm sure everyone in the entire game will enjoy KoT being removed and somehow breaking every ql160+ mobs drop table
    True, KoT discs x6 dropping on bosses since team missions/dynas existed.
    Nobody is going to miss that hehe
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.