Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 7th, 2011: Unplanned But Exciting Event!

I was not here for about a half year, its something new about new engine or about long time ago promised footage video from new engine ?

I interpret that as "it was a server hack" and that you have updated your storage system for account information since 2001, thank you for that reply Mr. McAtee, you just got extra karma points for a fast and good answer.

Grøstl FTW, and even more FC FTW if you have already implemented it
    though I am 99,9999999997% sure you have not

Karma goes to the hacker too,
    +1 for finding a server-error, those are way harder to find than cracking a password
    +2 for on top of the hack knowing the commands for size-change, spawning and server wide messages
    but..
    -1.000.000 for ruining the game and taking up developer time.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    ...knowing the commands for size-change, spawning and server wide messages...
    That would be the giant gorilla (or beast, as the case may be) in the room, wouldn't it!
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Doctor and Trader docs...oh god the crying...I'm interested in how OP my level 1 will still be though
    Hey atleast it's balanced OP on low total gimp at high...

Hmm, so will my ts monkey in making fare good?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Why is it even possible for everyone to login a GM account? Shouldn't it be only allowed from the Funcom offices or where GMs work?
    Is it true, that passwords are still stored in plaintext? Cuz last time I recovered my password I got it in plaintext in my email.

I for one would love to go visit some red-eared "Con" sitting in jail for the pleasure of hacking AO....look on that persons face would just be priceless.

Good weekend and happy packing,

Cheers.
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

Quote Originally Posted by MrMacdk View Post
    I for one would love to go visit some red-eared "Con" sitting in jail for the pleasure of hacking AO....look on that persons face would just be priceless.
    Thirteen-year-olds don't get jail time for first offense misdemeanors. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    Thirteen-year-olds don't get jail time for first offense misdemeanors. HTH
    If 13 year olds are able to do this then I feel veeeery old because I'm 27 and I have no clue
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    If 13 year olds are able to do this then I feel veeeery old because I'm 27 and I have no clue
    who ever did that was really in rage. otherwise he would have used that account as silent as possible to make as much RL money out of it as possible.

so, this whole "whoever is upset about being banned" makes sense =)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

removed.
    Last edited by Means; Jan 7th, 2011 at 19:22:34. Reason: Grow up.

when i see u here i combine weird stuff in my mind... =)
    Last edited by Means; Jan 7th, 2011 at 19:22:48.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Sugest View Post
    I was not here for about a half year, its something new about new engine or about long time ago promised footage video from new engine ?
    hahahahahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    who ever did that was really in rage. otherwise he would have used that account as silent as possible to make as much RL money out of it as possible.

so, this whole "whoever is upset about being banned" makes sense =)
    I don't know: sounds like performance art to me. Definitely a "look at me" element by doing it in the middle of Borealis. And if it was pure malice they wouldn't have enlarged random characters or given stuff away. I'd guess it was a young man who is being cut off from either a young woman (or man) he loves - or a role he has loved - because of the Canada move. My sympathies to the FC crew who have to clean it up.
    Last edited by If6Was9; Jan 7th, 2011 at 19:35:42. Reason: unsplit a parenthetical infinitive or something
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Doctor and Trader docs...oh god the crying...I'm interested in how OP my level 1 will still be though
    my twink! my twink! what are you doing to our little twinks!

AO is getting smoked by something called Wizard 101 in the vote tally.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    Vote earlier and more often. WTF is Wizard 101?

Doc and trader.. should get my interest I hope. Pretty please..
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    Not really smoked considering how many people have voted in total. Wizard 101 also has like 100,000 fans on facebook.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Doc and Trader ... wow ... this going to be loud
    Wait 'till you see NT changes... I just so hope that once the NT changes are implemented people will beg for doubles to be brought back and NTs restored to their LE state.

Will make for a fun document

To be fair, the eng and sold doc was much quieter than I expected it to be.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast