Thread: Hello RP Community!

Lightbulb Hello RP Community!

Hey everyone. I want to introduce myself as DJ Krayl and I am Gridstream Production's Community Relations Lead for AO. I want to reach out to the RP community and see who's around these days in Anarchy Online. My goal is to bring greater awareness of GSP in the AO community. I just want to throw out a reminder that GSP does cover events and I personally want to expand in participating in the RP community in some fashion. If you have any ideas, please feel free to reply to this thread or shoot me a message on the gsp forums at www.gridstream.org

I didn't think there were people in AO that don't know about GSP, but hey, hopefully we've got a lot of new people. I've tried to tutor a few here and there, so I guess there are some.

Hello Krayl, I think most in the RP community are familiar with GSP.

If you are looking to expand more into the RP community, my own recommendation would be to go out and roleplay the DJ as a DJ. That gives others more opportunity to reach out in character when hiring someone, they can just go "I meet this great DJ at <insert location> the other day, he plays small parties too."
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    I didn't think there were people in AO that don't know about GSP, but hey, hopefully we've got a lot of new people. I've tried to tutor a few here and there, so I guess there are some.
    You would think this is true but we have experienced a decline in the veterans who show up. Since we have been lacking a cr lead for a while, I am exploring all options here to see what is the best option.

I second Hilfy in that an in-character, roleplaying DJ would be nice. It makes GSP a bit more accessible from an RP standpoint. I have in the past considered in-character parties where an RP DJ would be a great addition. Just "covering the event" with a regular GSP DJ works, but does kind of take away from the immersion.

That said, I'm not particularly active at the moment and I'm not sure if you'd get that much interaction out of it (the RP community is pretty small these days). If you're interested in RP though, I can wholeheartedly recommend it.