Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Yes, I understand...
    Once Funcom names a nano after you, a certain degree of arrogance on one hand, and a certain degree of blind devotion on the other has to be expected.
    They wont understand, even if you point it out to them. If you put them in a white padded room with a big red button and you ask them specifically not to press that red button. They will eventually press that big red button.

Who's up for Flappy?

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Actually wouldnt it be better to just make the first perkpoint spent in either perkline dissallow to spend perkpoints in the other line? Specifically putting -2k in either skill would make the multi wield impossible, i dont see that as a fair idea.
    The even better solution is to simply add lockout to the equivalent perk on the other perkline so instead of having just "lock edge mastery 3 for x seconds" it would lock both blunt 3 and edged 3, that way you can pick and chose what perks to use.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/unof...anarchyonline/

Dev team should join to fb so they could see whats going on with ppl still playing it..

sry if i disobey rules with this post..

Facebook?
    Listen friend, things seem rather bleak right now but just keep good cheer, get a good night's sleep, soldier on and we might get through this all in one piece.

Facebook... like we're savages.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Admittedly, the first quote in my siggy did not involve me. I saw it some time ago and liked it since it served as a reminder that, if I get my virtual hiney handed to me, it is probably my fault and not an exploit. Ofc now, in my vast wisdom, I can inspect, think to myself , "darn dirty sploiter", report them to a friendly...and knowledgeable, FC staff member who will investigate and, if appropriate, drop that ban hammer. Just hope you don't get the one who takes your stuff by mistake or that you get a GD who will make sure you get it back and who will apologize to you in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Obviously you don't know me but then, newbies can't be expected to know everything, so how can I blame you?
    The irony here is so thick that it just has to be bait. In a thread that is ripe with talk of concerns over elitism, someone tosses out the "I have been here longer than you" argument.

You may want to point out that you have a title and some different colors too, that will really impress the gals down at the sad, old, gamers home.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    [*] Soldiers will get their one more hit healing nano properly fixed, it will provide a 10 000 HP healing, giving the soldier 7 seconds to finish his battle before his health is set to 1. This is meant to be a last resort nano formula to buy you a little more time to turn certain defeat in to a possible victory.
    As someone else noted, it would be a lot better to introduce a new nano instead of nerfing this.
    A lot of effort went into lowbie soldier twinks that rely on OMHH :/

Yes, I understand...
    Once Funcom names a nano after you, a certain degree of arrogance on one hand, and a certain degree of blind devotion on the other has to be expected.
    Masta was arrogant way before that ^^.
    As someone that used to publicly call himself the nt king, I can tell you arrogance isn't born with one event... it is nurtured since birth .

... and it adds lots of dynamic to the game because people wanna go after you.
    I like arrogance.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

His arrogance aside, what hurts this game is that devs actually listen to him because he's a "professional" even though after more than a decade he still pretty oblivious when it comes to this game, even the character he's supposed to be a professional in.

Trying to justify these ridiculous changes through a pvp perspective when he hasn't pvped a second in this game says everything really.

Leave him alone hes not the only one that thinks big changes like this are needed for this game to evolve. 2014 is calling people. Instead of whining go build a time machine and go back to 2001 when this game was new and not a staggering pile of festering refuse as it is atm.

Big changes doesn't have to mean more ridiculous imbalances though. Masta had his fingers in lost eden design, remember what that was like ? An expansion that's nothing but a patch with band aid fixes. Laziest and poorest design I have ever seen in any video game. Few examples of the BIG CHANGES you so religiously defend:

- ofab armors (upgrades to tier armor) have virtually no detail, just different shades of grey or brown for various profs. Oh and some profs didn't even get certain parts of ofab ingame at all because screw effort

- almost every prof got a high damage AS weapon, their brilliant solution to high evades

- NTs, who before LE lacked damage, got a nuke that (then) took 90% hp off most profs and coupled with nbs is among the most ridiculous abilities to exist in an mmo to date

- battlestation that had so many design flaws from day 1 like spawn camping (disabled with another horrible band-aid fix), platforms that pets couldn't climb, the ridiculous whompas and a disabled minimap

I wouldn't be so quick as to defend him based on past preformance and his general lack of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    ___
    "Press likes"

- NTs, who before LE lacked damage, got a nuke that (then) took 90% hp off most profs and coupled with nbs is among the most ridiculous abilities to exist in an mmo to date
    I think you forget that a capped hit was 40% then. And it was the LE nukes that prompted the change to 30%. You could literally onehit ppl before that. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    I think you forget that a capped hit was 40% then. And it was the LE nukes that prompted the change to 30%. You could literally onehit ppl before that. :>
    Trippel nukes pretty much screws that mechanic, because this hit cap rule reset on every hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetrox View Post
    As someone else noted, it would be a lot better to introduce a new nano instead of nerfing this.
    A lot of effort went into lowbie soldier twinks that rely on OMHH :/
    Who's gonna use that nano and in which situation? Duelling an off focus nt maybe. That's about it.

Big changes doesn't have to mean more ridiculous imbalances though. Masta had his fingers in lost eden design, remember what that was like ? An expansion that's nothing but a patch with band aid fixes. Laziest and poorest design I have ever seen in any video game. Few examples of the BIG CHANGES you so religiously defend:

- ofab armors (upgrades to tier armor) have virtually no detail, just different shades of grey or brown for various profs. Oh and some profs didn't even get certain parts of ofab ingame at all because screw effort

- almost every prof got a high damage AS weapon, their brilliant solution to high evades

- battlestation that had so many design flaws from day 1 like spawn camping (disabled with another horrible band-aid fix), platforms that pets couldn't climb, the ridiculous whompas and a disabled minimap

I wouldn't be so quick as to defend him based on past preformance and his general lack of knowledge.

Masta was not the force behind LE. Professionals do not design addons nor what tools their profession gets.
    Professionals are mostly an interface between fc and the players of their profession.

LE did shower nts with goodies, but we totally stunk before that. Was masta efficient at showing the problems of nts to fc, yes. Was he a tat too efficient, maybe, but when your profession stunk for ages, it should get an edge, in a game where balance is simply not possible. I would never, EVER have settled to becoming nearly as good as other professions. If they had tried that, nts would have spam spanked them until they acted as was needed. The gloves were off at that point.

The change from 40% to 30% was a bonanza to nts... soo many professions could kill us nearly insta before that.
    That is the change that highered our pvp survival.

You really think masta has anything to do with ofab visuals? Or the fact some professions didn't have some?

You really think he was behind AS weapons? Why would a nt professional have anything to do with AS weapons?
    Mind you, evades were getting ridiculous. I don't call pvp launching an evade perk and going to the kitchen to make some coffee.

Battlestation was the biggest fun I ever had in AO (game-wise). Nothing gets close to it. And certainly not the pre-LE pvm "get an enfo, get a doc, get a solja and avoid nts, mps and traders at all costs" solution to every single encounter.

You are speaking like the game was sooo fine before LE. But what it was was a pile of crap where braindead idiots with motor problems would rule just by choosing one of the 5 OP professions... that were OP in pvm and pvp.
    And nms used to totally blow at high level. It was troxx online... even nts were rerolling to troxx.

I'm not a religious person... and while I don't worship masta, I do see that he took the hit (being troxx) for us nts.

As for triples being op, well, soo are professions with stuns and enough dmg perks to splatch a nt, while themselves, being a grind to kill. And triples wouldn't take 90% off decent nts, enfos, keepers, docs, agents, soldiers, advies, engs.
    Wouldn't scratch nr toons and certainly wouldn't kill a toon with nm booster up, nor toons that had some focus on hp.
    While triples are indeed op, they do require 2s casting without moving and don't remember but guess was 7s recharge where a nt couldn't do anything. And if I'm not incorrect, fumbles were still around. Doubles are better.
    AO is peppered with such OP stuff btw. The biggest change was that another profession became op (only in pvp though).

This being said, I agree with you, nearly all those changes look nefast to me, to the point I was sincerely wondering if nusquam was joking.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

9 pages of questions and complaints about these changes, and not 1 response to anything from funcom, so I guess unless your in the beta test, your input falls on deaf ears.

good job funcom, keep it up, lego will save you for sure. wait..... what?
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    Who's gonna use that nano and in which situation? Duelling an off focus nt maybe. That's about it.
    I wouldn't use it, but at least it wouldn't screw up my 60 soldier twink.

I think its cool to disable inspect, if this will help to detect sploiters. (all of them should burn in hell.)

Yeah, I know it sucks if you have used your brain to get a cool setup for a char and everybody is gonna copy your ideas... but I even hate sploiters more :-D

The other system changes look a lil "strange" but I doubt these are all of them that we will see in the nearer future, so its kinda useless to criticise them before the whole picture can be seen.

But yeah, we all know there will be some weird stuff around "soon tm" :P

It really makes me anrgy tho, that all suggestions from the playerbase that were made to improve the balance are not taken into account. Some of them are pure GOLD!

Really sad story
    meep

Yes, I understand...

Again, I suggest that you play a few MMO's that have mandatory inspect and understand what it is used for on a daily basis - small hint, catching cheaters isn't it.
    Just because many games have it, doesn't make a good thing!

If FC wants mandatory inspect, they might as well implement "gear scores" too for a more authentic WoW feeling...
    You're clueless If you even knew anything, you'd realise that while they named that nano after me with one hand, the other hand permabanned me from the game.

I don't know what MMOs you want me to play, they all suck so much that there's no point in playing them. Who would inspect me? Why would they do it? You don't play with anyone in MMOs anymore. So, if we're moving on to the part where we play with people you probably are doing it wrong if someone doesn't want to play with you because you are wearing bad gear. Sorry, you fail at MMOs.

Last one I played was Rift. I don't think anyone ever inspected me.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 2nd, 2014 at 19:28:16.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    The irony here is so thick that it just has to be bait. In a thread that is ripe with talk of concerns over elitism, someone tosses out the "I have been here longer than you" argument.

You may want to point out that you have a title and some different colors too, that will really impress the gals down at the sad, old, gamers home.
    Regardless of how ridiculous it is that he has no idea what he's talking about, it still just ends up with people posting insults and spam instead of actually making a real argument against the changes.

"waah inspect will make it so i can't play with the elitist jerks that I hate so much" ... OK. Congratulations? Play with someone who doesn't play with you for your gear. But I guess in the age of WoW-level expectations for playerinteraction, that's not something anyone is going to understand what means. Oh the game is so dead noone plays it except elitist jerks and you? Well, that obviously seems untrue, because there are so many people complaining about the elitist jerks that you'd imagine those complainers would play with eachother, level their characters happily with their gear that noone will fault them for not having spent 50 billion, seven sploits and most of their sparetime getting, and let the elitist jerks sit and circlejerk over how unfair it is that now everyone has access to their secret pvp-epeen-growing information.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast