Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 24th, 2009 - Pink Eye, Airplanes and Nightclubs

Funcom employee Friday with Means - July 24th, 2009 - Pink Eye, Airplanes and Nightclubs

The simplest plans can always be destroyed in an instant. This morning my youngest son's eyes were glued shut with some kind of green goo. My wife was not amused by how "sci-fi cool" I thought it was. I was not amused by the fact that our doctor and just about every other one in Norway was on vacation...three hospitals later and 3 hours later we had a prescription, some eyedrops and a plan....and only 2 hours to get my wife and son to the airport to make it to their flight to Stockholm to visit our new little niece (new daughter of past Lead Designer for AO Johan Karlsson (Tenga) aka "Belith").

She made the flight...but I sure as hell didn't make it to work.

I had hoped to make it through some more of the questions from last week and share some sneak-preview screenies of the new nightclub. The questions will have to wait awhile (Though I will try to get to some more of them this weekend) but the screenshots are ready.

Again, I am always amazed a what the artists manage to produce. I give them a very very basic idea and they impress the hell out of me every time. I'm very excited about our first real social type content in a long, long time.

Here are some quick shots of the new (as yet un-named) nightclub aboard sunrise station. It will be opening at a large in-game event some time in the next month.

Note: Any suggestions on names for the nightclub would be appreciated...I'm sure win can find a prize if we use someone's suggestion.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

1st?!

yay!

PS: all hail... all!
    Last edited by Tikra; Jul 24th, 2009 at 21:30:37.

Second.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Neutrals who wish to remain Neutral will have the opportunity to obtain items that will narrow this gap to the previous reasonable levels.
    Is there any chance that neutral organisations could have helped develop such items, in a similar way that RuR has in the passed researched neutral token boards
    only to have the research stolen by Cyborgs and completed, turning it into a useable item.
    Or would it be possible for new org related stuff to be added like the Ai social clothes?

Also great job on all of the game, we in Third Faction are looking forward to all your future work.

Nightclub game suggestion: Solar Club
    Last edited by Lasliana; Jul 24th, 2009 at 21:33:15.

Note: Any suggestions on names for the nightclub would be appreciated...I'm sure win can find a prize if we use someone's suggestion.
    Your not very well known for actually delivering those prizes... (Hint Rubi-Ka Rumble hint 4 years ago hint)...

P.s Nightclub looks awesome...!
    Last edited by Escritores; Jul 24th, 2009 at 21:36:43.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    Your not very well known for actually delivering those prizes... (Hint Rubi-Ka Rumble hint 4 years ago hint)...
    The "Get ready to rumble" guy sued us but good on that one...hard to forget that one. He has tradmarked all "fight related use of the word rumble". We won't be having anything "rumble related" any time ever again.

I guess you didn't get your prize? You should PM me about that one. I'm certain 4 years is long enough for us to be able to finally fix that one.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

First after second Means post!

P.S. Nice lookin' night club.
    Last edited by SultryVoltron; Jul 24th, 2009 at 21:44:13.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

bump!

as for the night club name, Smokers Lounge would be nice (as well as something special for members/associates).
    Last edited by Maxisfix; Jul 24th, 2009 at 21:43:45.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

This is probably a stupid name, but as soon as I saw the pictures I thought the place should be called...

Leet's Retreat

Because it's SOOO LEET!!

Of course I'm serious! Why are you all looking at me like that?
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Looks cool. might be cool if that was a central place for saturday evening quests etc. to give people something not-so-heavy stuff to do and to also come together to have fun

Call it: Barture a mix of Future an Bar
    or
    Prime Time
    or
    Phoenix
    or
    Dirty Mind
    or
    Orbital Feelings
    or
    Spacetrip
    or
    Still Alive
    or
    Bang Bang
    or
    Big Time
    or
    Cookies

You might want to Implant a Channel where Omnis and Claner can talk because if you are partying together there cant be war
    Last edited by Suggester; Jul 25th, 2009 at 17:59:43. Reason: New Names new Idea

call it "Sundance"

oh! and would be cool with some small "planets/comets" flying around serving drinks, or at least look like they do
    Last edited by Hatech; Jul 24th, 2009 at 21:50:06.

After looking at the design on the ceiling, why does it look like a stylized image of Flying Spaghetti Monster? Are we being subconsciously being enticed to convert to FSM Worship?
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Nightclub looks sick, and that's coming from someone whos against all things social! In AO at least..

Talking

name it Orbital roxbury

Zodiac Lounge

(Actually was a bar with that name here in Cincinnati)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

First page
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Club looks good, as for a name how about "Nova"

"Dance the days away at the Nova Nightclub, sip your drinks while watching the beutiful twin suns of Rubi-ka orbit or get your groove on as you watch the alien invaders bombard the planets surface!"
    Last edited by Xenotric; Jul 24th, 2009 at 21:54:58.

Could always go with a cheesy name like, "Orbitz Lounge." (Yes I know it's misspelled, call it Art-Deco)

Another choice could be "Serenity" would fit well since it is above all the chaos of Rubi-Ka.
    Well they messed with the wrong skull this time, Ha ha!!!
    ~ Murray the talking skull

Slacklin ~ 220 Fixer

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast