Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 17th, 2009 - Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    Q: Is it ok that soldier with 3.5k AR cannot even hit fixer ? And you want give fixers more love ? Only thing which works on them is AS/sneak. Is this ok you think ?
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=254562

Use it, love it. There's more to soldier than DSHARK AMS BURST FA.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post

You forgot "lol"?

Best regards,

Eroz.

P.S. OwwwwwCHwwwwOwwwUBTwwwOwwwOlolololol
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Q: Is it ok that soldier with 3.5k AR cannot even hit fixer ? And you want give fixers more love ? Only thing which works on them is AS/sneak. Is this ok you think ?
    Yes. Fixers are SO OP! Erm... say me? When you got killed by fixer last time?

Problem is that you can't really cap the AS recharge on an EC3 without a scope. In a typical setup (supple pants, boots and sleeves) most solds will be about 100 short of capping, and hotswapping to a scope mid-fight isn't an option.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Of course it sounds reasonable that you can't hit a Fixer for **** with 3,5K AR dude. Have you ever heard of a 220 Fixer's evades, especially AAD, Shadowweb Spinner MK X (800 AAD back Item) ?
    I hope you weren't talking about a duel situation, you couldn't be more wrong otherwise. So, use VE to cap AS on EC3 and ?
    You lose 60 AAO and 100 add dmg from Off3, what were you aiming at with 60 more AR against a Fixer anyway, since your AS will cap regardless ?

Even regular hits hit fairly through huge evades, it's been proven numerous times. I musta missed something because I didn't follow the whole thing, also because you don't make sense and I don't even have to play a Fix or a Sold to know that.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Of course it sounds reasonable that you can't hit a Fixer for **** with 3,5K AR dude. Have you ever heard of a 220 Fixer's evades, especially AAD, Shadowweb Spinner MK X (800 AAD back Item) ?
    I hope you weren't talking about a duel situation, you couldn't be more wrong otherwise. So, use VE to cap AS on EC3 and ?
    don't forget, they got MK XI now, for 1000 AAD
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Raynefists View Post
    The only reason these classes can tank is that pvm in this game isn't very hard. If there were actually difficult encounters in this game then all 3 of these classes would be absolutely terrible tanks since they lack absolutely any effective aggro management. Additionally, MAs and Shades generally tank by avoiding damage through evades, which is much less reliable and harder to heal than simply having a damage sponge like an enf or soldier. The only saving grace for any of these classes is unstunnable for MAs, which makes them decent tanks for encounters with stuns.

All you've proven here is that crats are absolutely ridiculously overpowered in pvm. Whats most hilarious about your post is that when pande was first being done, the crats all cried that they couldnt calm absolutely everything, and rooting/snaring wasn't a viable alternative.

Well what you're saying is exactly my point. Before asking for more viable tanking ability/healing ability, shouldn't there be a NEED for these heals and tanks? When half the profs in the game can tank most encounters, and healing is only *truly* needed for a few things here and there, I think it's more important to work on the difficulty of the game than add in more options to make the game more manageable.

Also, I don't get what you're trying to say in the first part of your post. Are you just reinforcing my post in an argumentative tone? lol. I already mentioned that they were SITUATIONALLY good tanks.

As for crat whines, well...pfft, who cares what most of the trolls say, crats in game know just how valuable they are.

And before anyone says "well, why should only those professions get to tank, b/c then they get teams easily," well...guess what, if you rolled a trader or an engi or w/e, then maybe you should just accept the fact that you're not meant to tank.

Not every class in the game is supposed to be able to tank a decent number of encounters. Currently, healing ability is a bit more limited than tanking ability, in that only 2 professions can really be called 'healing professions' @ endgame, but, as I said, the fact that nearly everyone has crats in their team nowadays kind of makes the whole point moot.

Now, if people support debuff immunities on endgame bosses to break their reliance on crats to make everything easymode, and don't bitch and whine about tough encounters (how many things get nerfed within a few days of release because people say they're too hard?) then perhaps we can take a look at the healing and tanking situation so that certain professions don't bottleneck the entire process (like the lack of doctors when 12man first came out because all of them were raidlocked).
    Paratrooper (aka tarapooper/P-Rex) -> 220/30/70 Soldier

Satyavati -> 150/7/39 Adventurer

Politie -> 208/20/57 Bureaucrat

Lupu If you read correct i said there is only AS option against them. And you show me soldier AS wep to use ? Yeah that wep has duck check, but attack skills is not ass.rifle but ranged.energy. So again normal hits will miss him. Also perks are not based on attack.rating (3.5k) but on ass.rifle (about 2.7k). Some perks depends on ranged.energy (2.2-2.4k - depends how many AI armor parts you have).
    I know about their shadowwb and other defensive toolset. Perks will also not land on fixer.

So this game is atm only about Aimed-shot. And i'm asking Means if he thinks it is ok ?
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by avo345 View Post
    1. Beast (not entirely convinced...during one raid recently, the doctor died to an AoE nuke and a mediocre enforcer was able to tank ~60% of beast's hp with just stims/survival [and crat debuffs, ofc])
    pfff .. I'm not mediocre
    Quote Originally Posted by avo345 View Post
    3. Vortexx (2 advies can heal this)
    You don't need a healing prof if you have a crat.
    blah

means, with all the big changes and tweeks happening, i thought id raise the issues of breed abillity costs, i just it would be cool if it cost the same amount of IP for each breed to fully max abilities. at the moment solitus have a considerable amount less ip to spend then the others after maxing the 6 abilities; unless this is intended ofcourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    means, with all the big changes and tweeks happening, i thought id raise the issues of breed abillity costs, i just it would be cool if it cost the same amount of IP for each breed to fully max abilities. at the moment solitus have a considerable amount less ip to spend then the others after maxing the 6 abilities; unless this is intended ofcourse.
    Yeah, I don't really think it makes much sense that the most average breed has the absolute worst IP cost...but I guess I don't really care either, I only have 2 solitus characters (4 opis, 2 troxen). What can I say...I have a thing for opisexies.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Darn those fixers! Darn them to heck!

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

If fixers, as an evade profession, can't evade anything worthwhile, there's kinda no point in being one, don't you think?
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    If fixers, as an evade profession, can't evade anything worthwhile, there's kinda no point in being one, don't you think?
    The problem is who defines "worthwhile"?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Means, is there any chance you could make monsters more intelligent instead of just increasing their HP-Bars to 30cm? I think of monsters using Nanos and Specials like a player would, but with significantly less Health. Extend RK-Missions to 250 - 300 for that and make them give reasonable SK. I think many would like the challenge.
    Unablässig von Blut getränkt ist die Welt doch nur ein riesiger Altar worauf alles was Leben hat geopfert werden muss; endlos, unablässig...

Dooma

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    The problem is who defines "worthwhile"?
    Well personally I feel fixers should be able to evade pretty much anyone's regulars and specials, with a 70-80% success rate (which is about what we take in pvm, btw). The onus is on FC to come up with things like Master's Bidding, Malpractice, Triples/Doubles, remodulator, AAD drains, etc.. that are alternative ways to hurt us or allow their other tools to hurt us (if we move to a system where we lose our unperkability for a more graduated system instead of perked or not perked is part of that too.)

The problem pre LE wasn't evades so much as it was the lack of all that other stuff that gives other professions ways to kill us. And if one or two professions aren't given those other tools? How's that any different than a fixer vs nt? You know damn well unless the fixer is exceptional or the nt is afk or completely incompetent that the nt is walking away with the kill.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

I've been out of the loop for a while, so forgive me if I'm way off base...

But why would they add Shadowknowledge (... Shadowlands XP...) to Rubi-ka mobs?

Wouldn't that be completely counter productive to the entire set of Shadowlands playfields?
    Booganoose :: Defenders of Rubi-Ka (RK2)

The latest question for Means:

It's friday, what's up?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    The latest question for Means:

It's friday, what's up?
    Addict.. No token board for you!

[QUOTE=Means;5575465]
    That being said a character part-way (say level 200) might be something I would consider for vets who already have a 220 main.
    /QUOTE]

What about starting at 150 with one 220, then add 10 levels per 220 you have on that account.
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast