Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: January 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dukelewis87 View Post
    When is the next news update?
    Yea, it's been almost a month since the last monthly update and we've heard NOTHING SINCE! We really need to know when the next monthly update is out!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Well since last post was on the 31st of Jan, I am pretty sure the next one will be on the 29th of Feb.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    Well since last post was on the 31st of Jan, I am pretty sure the next one will be on the 29th of Feb.
    Yes, it seems to be the end of every month.

Bien sur, we will be expecting a brand new video within the next week!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    The change to allow players to level on testlive is a very smart change, and was the main reason I hated testing myself because many of the playfields were simply frustrating for the characters I had.

I do hope it will allow players to reach AI 30 and LE 70 as well.

Further suggestions would be to somehow remove nodrop flags or allow nodrop items to be traded on test server, so that players who actually have all items across their toons could create a finished character on test live. The alternative would be allowing players to summon/create any item they choose but that seems like a LOT more work to me.

A "Super massive all your profession nanos rolled in one package" nano would also help a lot, and probably easy access to specializations. Unless players only wish to test NR8 shades the nanos will be very important.

220 is no where near the end, and even being 220 30 70 is far from what can be considered finished when many characters need a large amount of nodrop raid items. Without proper gear acquisition creating a level 220 30 70 character would still take months to complete, if not even longer on test server.

All I got.
    A quick note on what the boosting NPC can do currently:

• Level boost from 15-220
    • Provides all nano programs & Nano Deck
    • Spawns various armor sets:
      • Miy's Armor QL 1-300
      • Tier 1-3 Armor
      • OFAB Armor
    • Spawns various weapons:
      • OFAB Weapons
      • Alien Weapons
      • Perennium Weapons
      • Various Froob-friendly weapons
    • OFAB/Kyr'Ozch Upgrades
    • Symbiants (Up to QL 250) & Spirits (Up to QL 220)
    • Basic Implants (Up to QL 200)
    • 6-Slot Belts & 64 NCU chips
    • IP Resets
    • Spec 1-4
    • Garden Keys
    • 1k VP/Tokens
    • Shadowlands Progression Items

In the next patch that hits Testlive, players will be able to boost themselves up to Alien Level 25 (Currently, only Lv 10) and have their research filled up.

The purpose of this NPC wasn't to mass-produce "completed" characters, but instead, "average" characters that can be built upon.

Also, as a reminder, you can always copy a character from Live onto Testlive
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Didn't work last week tho.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Fekal View Post
    Didn't work last week tho.
    Well, yes...assuming the service is working

It's currently being investigated due to the reports of it not working normally - Sorry for that.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Engine video?

When shall we see it ? Was supposed to be in the middle of this month
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

You didn't actually expect FunCom to meet a deadline did you?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

30th day then?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    When shall we see it ? Was supposed to be in the middle of this month
    Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    I'm hoping to produce more videos when more features and areas becomes available, and I'm expecting that this first one will hit you sometime in february!
    Strictly speaking the deadline hasn't been missed yet. Unless I missed something else?
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Strictly speaking the deadline hasn't been missed yet. Unless I missed something else?
    and if you wanna split hairs, deadline hasnt been set at all. just a rough estimation.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Rough estimate == deadline.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    30th day then?
    of February? guess that is gonna be a long wait
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Funcom should just hire me to be their full time game developer not only would I have a friday with mojo, but I'd also spend most of my life working to make AO into the game it should have been made into years ago.

I'd also have the engine video out before now :P.
    Sometimes I wish I did work for funcom though, making AO would be the job of a lifetime!
    OMNI-TEK

Cool

Having a monthly update is probably the best way for the dev team to communicate with the player base, however, by the end of the month the posts start to become somewhat negative. I've posted some negative comments myself. Maybe a semi-monthly update would keep the dogs at bay. I've noticed that much of the negative comments center around a couple of hot topics to us users, 1) New Engine, 2) Pending server merge. It would seem that these two items if either or both are going to occur should be addressed by the dev team as priorities. Also since they are so important give us timely and accurate updates so we don't feel as though we are not being listened to. Well that's enough whining for now but you should know I still love this game and will play it until you flip the switch to off. I just hope it is not for some time.

Funcom employee

I recognize there are many questions especially regarding the engine and the potential server merge and I'm addressing these questions in the next update, which will be posted next week (Wednesday).

As Means have said before it involves exploratory work, and we're not ready to give any dates yet, but I think we've made some good progress this month and I look forward sharing it. (:

I've reached over 600 PMs now (counting the few I got as a designer too) so I'm trying to prioritize these, thank you for taking the time to congratulate me, giving your feedback on the game and helping me with various testing! It's my goal to be able to prioritize replying to posts as well, but right now time is well spent making decisions so the team can continue the work!
    Last edited by lindelu; Feb 23rd, 2012 at 06:56:38.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    A quick note on what the boosting NPC can do currently:

• Level boost from 15-220
    • Provides all nano programs & Nano Deck
    • Spawns various armor sets:
      • Miy's Armor QL 1-300
      • Tier 1-3 Armor
      • OFAB Armor
    • Spawns various weapons:
      • OFAB Weapons
      • Alien Weapons
      • Perennium Weapons
      • Various Froob-friendly weapons
    • OFAB/Kyr'Ozch Upgrades
    • Symbiants (Up to QL 250) & Spirits (Up to QL 220)
    • Basic Implants (Up to QL 200)
    • 6-Slot Belts & 64 NCU chips
    • IP Resets
    • Spec 1-4
    • Garden Keys
    • 1k VP/Tokens
    • Shadowlands Progression Items

In the next patch that hits Testlive, players will be able to boost themselves up to Alien Level 25 (Currently, only Lv 10) and have their research filled up.

The purpose of this NPC wasn't to mass-produce "completed" characters, but instead, "average" characters that can be built upon.

Any idea how much any of these services will be costing ? Mainly wondering as I wouldn't mind trying some different profession/breed combos and it would suck if it's insanely overpriced.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
    Funcom should just hire me to be their full time game developer not only would I have a friday with mojo, but I'd also spend most of my life working to make AO into the game it should have been made into years ago.

I'd also have the engine video out before now :P.
    Sometimes I wish I did work for funcom though, making AO would be the job of a lifetime!
    There's been several job openings the past year, what's holding you back?

And yes, working on AO is pretty cool
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    As Means have said before it involves exploratory work, and we're not ready to give any dates yet, but I think we've made some good progress this month and I look forward sharing it. (:
    That bugs me off, because (I'am sorry to write this) I'have been hearing this line since years, and now I know, that nothing will happen after this. Seriously, FunCom must change tape, because its the same old melody, which doesn't bring peace to my soul...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    That bugs me off, because (I'am sorry to write this) I'have been hearing this line since years, and now I know, that nothing will happen after this. Seriously, FunCom must change tape, because its the same old melody, which doesn't bring peace to my soul...
    give me your soal, all give u peace

And another deep deep thought: Rome wasnt build in 1 day, it took them decades. So funcom is doing a great job, since they are (re)building a whole world
    Maxtrim, treehugger and advy

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast