Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Feb. 11th, 2011: Brrr

Great work on the armors! Looking forward to having all the commonly used ones upgraded

The gif's looks great!

Tell the person that the current robes ingame often have a fail between upperpart and lowepart of body.

btw, can i volunteer to make completely new exciting sci-fi like textures for the panda heads, and the box for the head and stuff like that?

reindeer head would also look way greater if it would have an incredible invisible look for example.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Oh just quit already if it's such a big deal to you.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Don't you see that you BOTH agree that Sci-fi/Cyber is the best style?
    So why do you fight verbally?

More Sci-fi holiday textures would indeed fit the setting more, if you make some Nitr0 I will indeed look more forward to the next holidays.

Thumbs up for that

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Best style, yes. Only style? No.

Just because we're in the future doesn't mean the human race stops being a conglomeration of wackos. I fully expect that, once we get to space and live on other worlds etc, we're still going to be as psychotic and randomly diverse as we are here stuck on Earth.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

On a completely different note, when I used to live in Vermont (essex junction) in 5th grade my parents took me for a visit to Montreal. I remember we went to the insect place and biodome.

It was awesome. I really like montreal.

I dont have an Adventurer.............aren't they Anarchy Online in easy mode ?

Mexican food however needs introducing to AO !

The textures look really great. I'm happy because I can see FINALLY what the hell enf tier is supposed to look like, it have always been a blurry mess of crap to me.

Perhaps it's time to get creative and add new details where texts are stretched or blank (OP armor joints, enf around the wais) so it look more like the armor they're supposed to represent (decus does that, gj).

Perhaps it's time to move on full modeled armors ? We can dream can we ?

Example!
    Last edited by boltgun; Feb 12th, 2011 at 13:58:17.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Oh just quit already if it's such a big deal to you.
    I did,

I quit smoking 10 year ago.

I quit soccer 16 years ago.

Preach it brother.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Those armors might just look good if you turn on anti aliasing!

Edit: read the wall of text, good stuff, i like that kind of fw(o)m
    Last edited by dockside; Feb 13th, 2011 at 10:49:46.

Has anyone noice in game what has happend to the omni / clan balance - the clans now have about 3 times as many people online. RK2 is now completely over run - and more omni's are quiting the game because of this - This is mainly down to the shuting down of RK3 which was mainly clan. Soon they will be no more PVP in the game and then RK2 will go the same way as RK3 and then rk1 will follow. In any pvp conflict there must be a balanced number on bothe sides or the confict comes to a end - yes great for the clans to start with but then what do they do. Omni players will not bother to make PVP toons only to have them killed every time. it sort of takes the fun out of it. I'm not sure how the problem can be resolved but i think it needs looking at. one idea I had was to make minimum lvl at which tower can be attacked. say 8% for any side - So if omni drop bellow 8% side bonus then there towers will no longer become open until it gets higher than 8%. the same for the clans and nuet's this will mean that no side has overwelming control and should keep interest going. I love this Game and hate to see ppl leave.

Nice Gifs btw
    Last edited by Datch; Feb 13th, 2011 at 19:13:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Datch View Post
    Has anyone noice in game what has happend to the omni / clan balance - the clans now have about 3 times as many people online. RK2 is now completely over run - and more omni's are quiting the game because of this - This is mainly down to the shuting down of RK3 which was mainly clan. Soon they will be no more PVP in the game and then RK2 will go the same way as RK3 and then rk1 will follow. In any pvp conflict there must be a balanced number on bothe sides or the confict comes to a end - yes great for the clans to start with but then what do they do. Omni players will not bother to make PVP toons only to have them killed every time. it sort of takes the fun out of it. I'm not sure how the problem can be resolved but i think it needs looking at. one idea I had was to make minimum lvl at which tower can be attacked. say 8% for any side - So if omni drop bellow 8% side bonus then there towers will no longer become open until it gets higher than 8%. the same for the clans and nuet's this will mean that no side has overwelming control and should keep interest going. I love this Game and hate to see ppl leave.

Nice Gifs btw
    Omni orgs need to work harder to show they will help new/returning players.

Clan side has a few orgs that help people between newbie island and subway, the crucial points where you get a player interested in joining/staying clan by providing assistance and knowledge.

Germans went to RK1 more because I think they did research on which server was more active and friendly overall.

However omni was already on the losing side way before the Germans came over, it just made clan side stronger than it already was.

And from my personal experience... omnis are not leaving the game, they are re-rolling new clan toons since they can't switch to clan at 220.

If you want change, you need to work for it.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Omni orgs need to work harder to show they will help new/returning players.

Clan side has a few orgs that help people between newbie island and subway, the crucial points where you get a player interested in joining/staying clan by providing assistance and knowledge.

Germans went to RK1 more because I think they did research on which server was more active and friendly overall.

However omni was already on the losing side way before the Germans came over, it just made clan side stronger than it already was.

And from my personal experience... omnis are not leaving the game, they are re-rolling new clan toons since they can't switch to clan at 220.

If you want change, you need to work for it.
    We are a very active org in helping players and give as much assistance as we can. so to say omni don't help is wrong. When did u get a org on newbee Island? I have never been offered any help there Clan or other wise.
    The AO main page tends to make ppl who read the story go clan.

To answer the clain that ppl are just going clan it stupid. I know of a least 2 close friends who have left the game to go and play other games because of what's going on so don't make claim u have not looked into - and if everyone a went clan - NO MORE PVP/TOWER. BS don't run with only clan it needs both sides which is the point i'm making.
    With the lack of Mean's and crew ever managing to deliver on any promises. Engine / reblance by xmas etc. the whole game is falling a part. if thing don't suddenly Improve the game will be dead in 3 or 4 years gone for good. which is a shame because the game play is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post

This document features some of the largest changes we've released so far, and I personally feel like a lot of the work we've done make Adventurers a much more entertaining,challenging,
    Nerf incoming !!!!!!!!!!!

and interesting profession to play in the long run.
    What do you mean????

Definitely going to be a lot to discuss either way, so keep watch next week and get ready to offer your feedback on the planned new designs and directions for Adventurers. =)
    I guess touching one of the only few profession of Ao who is able to do what it should do, could create a lot of (negative)feedback.
    Last edited by flyinguns; Feb 14th, 2011 at 02:47:16.
    A suggestion to remove ranged advy full auto problem : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=529754

pistol are now for dot user , Ranged advy need revolver :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=21

Having spend quite a lot time at the ICC shuttleport, I have meet the question of what side to go, and my answer is:

If you have a friend, go join that side.
    If you are into RolePlaying, you need to investigate a bit and decide, you can stay neutral till you decide.

Else there is no real difference between the sides, clan and Omni have access to the same items, the only difference is if you like skycrapers, clean lines and asphalt or grass trees and dirty buildings.

In the olden days Clan had defensive items and Omni offensive, but 98% of the items are the same, there are 1-2 rare buffing items that Omni only has, but you should not worry about that.

-- If there is one thing I would like in the rebalance of items, it is to make the sides different. Else there is no conflict.
    Currently some people sadly say "go clan then you get more XP"..
    That is terrible for the game if everyone new then goes clan, as Datch points out.

My counter argument is that that side XP goes up and down as it is part of the game, and the players can fight over land, getting more side XP, by crushing the other side. So new players should not worry.

Personally I think Neutral is the best side, with the promise of neutrals also having access to tokenboards, there really isn't that much of a difference anymore, except that neutrals can travel all over, see all GMS, join both sides in BS and visit all SL gardens.
    My projection is that more and more will go neutral, when they have access to all items on equal ground. It is a simple calculation

To me the loss of tokenboard is less than freedom to travel everywhere, OT has better RP though..
    Clan.. I seriously can not stand the dirty toilets they have, lovely gardens, but yucky toilets!

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

PS. Sorry for not playing this weekend, got an invitation I could not refuse, happy valentines-day
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

As asked earlier, any changes to the scheol and ado xan quest?

Thanks
    "Yeah when I walk as a shadow through the valley of death I will be feared as evil!"

Quote Originally Posted by Datch View Post
    Has anyone noice in game what has happend to the omni / clan balance - the clans now have about 3 times as many people online. RK2 is now completely over run - and more omni's are quiting the game because of this - This is mainly down to the shuting down of RK3 which was mainly clan. Soon they will be no more PVP in the game and then RK2 will go the same way as RK3 and then rk1 will follow. In any pvp conflict there must be a balanced number on bothe sides or the confict comes to a end - yes great for the clans to start with but then what do they do. Omni players will not bother to make PVP toons only to have them killed every time. it sort of takes the fun out of it. I'm not sure how the problem can be resolved but i think it needs looking at.
    if the rk3 scenario happens to rk2 then omni will get towers + side xp back^^ on rk3 it was mostly clans that canceled cause they were bored and got everything out of the game while bs was dead, nw was dead, pvp in general was dead after we got all tl5+7 sites over a long time... also during the SB+OS period.... game over. the server got more and more empty every day. the last 2 years there were mostly omnis left on rk3. you can see that on rk1 now, omni got a lot more ppl from rk3 active in pvp.

i hope funcom will react fast enough this time if rk2 gets too empty. on rk3 we had to fight for over 2 years to get this merge-thing done. you can imagine how many ppl quit in those 2 years where pvp was dead and you had to dual-log allways to get some pvm stuff done.

actually it´s not that big player-count difference on rk1. if you watch the trackers clan is ahead with some numbers... in some other timezones omni got more. it´s just the lack of leadership that makes you loosing towers. i remember the last tl7 fights. ~65 omnis against ~70 clans (10+ were afk!). omni completely whiped while clan lost less than 10.

so if you want balance between the 2 factions, i suggest work on the leadership and the broken relations between some omni orgs. i allways have to laugh when i see omni orgs ganking eachother in bore
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

*** deleted ***
    Last edited by Exxxie; Feb 14th, 2011 at 16:11:24.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast