Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes are coming![8/7/14] update!

Changes are coming![8/7/14] update!

System changes are coming and I will be posting here to let you know what is going on as the information is made available to me. I would like you all to know that I am going to do my best to make our concerns heard as information is released and get you information on an ASAP basis.

Work with me here, updates soon!™

Nanoskills:
    While there are many changes planned for nanoskills as a whole there are things I can tell you.
    Soldier nanoskills like many other professions' will level with you. By this I mean that your Assault Rifle buff will cast based on the amount of Sensory Improvement and Psycho Mod you have. If you get Comp Mochs the same buff you clicked will now buff more. Twinking on buffs will still be possible. Quest Nanos that are rare or special will be kept, or reworked.

So, Scaling nanos will be based on Scaling nanoskills and scaling NCU.
    ex:
    Nano A casts subnano B if Psy. Mod, is below 100 points. Ncu cost for this nano program is 5 NCU.
    Nano A casts subnano C if Psy. Mod, is below 200 points, but above 101. Ncu cost for this nano program is 10 NCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    We will likely make changes that are not in the nano documents as we have gotten certain code support that we didn't expect to get when the nano documents were made (Like the ability to actually delete/purge nano programs from the game database.) As a general rule; the changes we make will have a basis in the nano documents, but will likely not be identical. I will also not spend more tine on making new nano documents as it is clear now that we will have to release systems changes bit by bit and ensure that changes that are tightly related to each other will get updated at the same time.
    Other changes:
    Adventurer morphs are only for adventurers now. Wolf graft will no longer work on soldiers.
    All nanos are going to be buyable from a nano vender. Even quest nanos. Don't expect them to be cheap however.

Updates will be here soon about the nanos in fact changing

Me and bolt are talking and trying to line up information to give to the devs.
    Feedback would be amazing

Newest update associated with Soldiers:
    Stats

Parry has been renamed to Deflect. Deflect is a defensive stat that and not a melee special. Deflect increases the chance that incoming attacks become Glancing Hits. A Glancing Hit deals 50% damage. Deflect chance caps out at 15%.
    Glancing hits will affect special attacks in this way:
    Fling Shot: Glancing hit will deal normal damage.
    Aimed Shot: Glance counts as a miss with 0 damage..
    Burst: Per bullet: Glance is 50% damage.
    Full Auto: Glance counts as miss and terminates the FA. (Previous bullets will still deal their damage.)

Soldier's one more hit healing has been updated. It is now a complete healing which will be paid back after 7 seconds leaving the soldier with 1 health.
    Soldier AAO buff Automatic Targeting now increases the target's AAO skill by 30 points.(To replace FAT)
    Soldier AAO buff Full Automatic Targeting now increases the target's AAO skill by 74 points.(Still less then alaapa buff/doesn't stack)
    Soldier Improved Automatic Targeting is now a Composite heavy artillery buff that increases the target's Assault Rifle, Rifle, Grenade, Heavy Weapons and Ranged Energy Weapon skills by 100.(needs tested to see what line its in)
    Last edited by Tyfowler; Aug 7th, 2014 at 18:50:48. Reason: update!
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Orly?
    Specialize ~ 220 nanomage soldier
    Suria ~ 220 opifex agent
    Bloodpoint ~ 112 solitus shade

Hells Heroes

Post and they will comment!
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Sent the topic to the top. Stay tuned!
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Release it fc, naaaaaooouuu! :-)

Why'd we lose the desnare/root on the apoc ring and have it replaced with some lame heal/hp buff thing? Enfs got our deroot and they get a stun? WTF.

>< And really what is 7 seconds going to buy us? that's just over 1/2 the time for our two strongest specials to come back how is that supposed to turn any fight? I'd trade that 10k heal any day of the week for a 5-minute lock out on root/snare removal (def not op as most CC profs can just redo it, only really strong used with MOTR and that's 10 minutes..) and I'd still want that over the new nano. I was going to say proposed nano but f-that FC hasn't listened to soldiers for a while now after the great DShark whine-fest of the other profs (DShark sucks and always did).
    Last edited by Gaveup; Mar 2nd, 2014 at 20:34:59.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

We are asking for more info on that. I forwarded the bad timing, 1/3 hp for less then a special is lackluster.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

It would make more sense to make it a DOT that kills you a bit slower over time (say 15 secs so you can atleast pull off a few perks + fa/burst/fling), that way in pvm it also gives you a change to get away from mobs instead of just crushing your runspeed so it's inpossible to get away from anything.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 18:14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    Soldier nanoskills like many other professions' will level with you. By this I mean that your Assault Rifle buff will cast based on the amount of Sensory Improvement and Psycho Mod you have. If you get Comp Mochs the same buff you clicked will now buff more.
    and ncu-usage? Can we bypass this? many use lower-ql nanos 2 save ncu so.

attack-rating isn't so important in pvm so some of us skip the best buffs we can selfcast when we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    All nanos are going to be buyable from a nano vender.
    score! hope they still xfer lootfolders to played content for new players tho.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

It is going to be a nightmare to twink at lower level because quite often you will have to look for buff with low NCU requirement and to get that you ll have to find low level character because the same buff from level 220 will not fit into your NCU.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Could we please get an official statement on how Deflect will affect Burst and FullAuto?
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Check this scenario:

lowleveltwink: heya random220enf could i get Essence of Boundless Health ?
    random220enf: hmmm not nuff ncu ...

lowleveltwink: well that's why i asked for Essence of Boundless Health and not a normal +27 behe. short on ncu.
    random220enf: how do you expect me to lower my skills so i can buff that to you?

lowleveltwink: damned fc.. well could you go get drained by a trader, nuked and dominated by some mp and whatever other debuffs you can get?
    random220enf: come'on .. are you serious? *enf runs off*

Mmm, that's gonna be fun. I'm also sure it's real easy to find *just* the right lvl toon to buff you as well...

Anyway, this could be overcome if we still could get access to the individual nanos and just have the topnano "auto" execute when using some sorts of templade nano that gets uploaded to you for regular usage.

We'll see if fc listens...
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Mar 25th, 2014 at 18:01:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    It is going to be a nightmare to twink at lower level because quite often you will have to look for buff with low NCU requirement and to get that you ll have to find low level character because the same buff from level 220 will not fit into your NCU.
    yes, I skipped IP'ing CL on a twink (I often calculate to be adequate selfbuffed so) since you can do so much with laddering cl-implants and using perks/cl-gear. Hope these narrowminded nanochanges are optional, cause it also fux0r up for casters using low ql nanos for init-benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Anyway, this could be overcome if we still could get access to the individual nanos and just have the topnano "auto" execute when using some sorts of templade nano that gets uploaded to you for regular usage.
    FC always overdo stuff. Players wants better access to nanos and stuff since rk-missions and other old stuff aren't played in the playthrough anymore, but I think this change is very bad and uncalled for.
    Last edited by leetlover; Mar 27th, 2014 at 04:24:59.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

The plan is that if you don't have enough NCU for the top buff, you'll get the lowest possible one.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Mar 31st, 2014 at 10:49:15.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

so after all these years, parry will break the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    so after all these years, parry will break the game again.
    "Again"?

I can not even remember a time where parry was exisisting/working anyhow.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

I hate when people engage in severe hyperbole and say that some changes to AO will make it just like WoW, but it sure does sound like you can buy all of your "spells" at your "class trainer" as you level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    "Again"?

I can not even remember a time where parry was exisisting/working anyhow.
    then you need to talk to people who have been around longer. both skills were once in game and disabled for a reason. you don't remember? or was that before your time?

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    I hate when people engage in severe hyperbole and say that some changes to AO will make it just like WoW, but it sure does sound like you can buy all of your "spells" at your "class trainer" as you level.
    So not like WoW then, because WoW got rid of that.

Oh, did they? How does it work now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast