Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Meta-Physicist NPE Nano Changes - Part II

Meta-Physicist NPE Nano Changes - Part II

*EDITED 2-10-15. PLEASE SEE THE SECOND POST IN THIS THREAD*
    *EDITED 2-26-15. PLEASE SEE THE THIRD POST IN THIS THREAD*

This will be the semi-official thread to discuss any new changes to MP nano-formulas that were not covered in the the first Meta-Pysicist NPE Nano Changes thread, as well as for any questions, which Lainbr and I will do our best to answer (or get answers for).

New Changes so far:

1. MP Attack Pet nano-lines have been consolidated. Rather than have separate nanos for tiers of attack pets - for instance, 6 different Enmity Personification nanos - we'll have one nano for all Enmity Personification pets. When that nano is cast, it will check our nano skills and summon the highest Enmity Personification pet we meet the (hidden) nano requirement for. These, so far, match the nano-reqs for each of the current enmity personification. In other words, cast one nano for enmity personification, and it will sort through all the current enmity personification nanos and cast the highest one your nano-skills allow.

This change will not effect the Rhiwen. This is for two reasons. First, before considering nano-skill scaling for endgame pets, the developers want to revisit the core pet monster data and bring them up to date. Second, the developers are still planning to give MPs the long-awaited Notum Scourge pet, and they can not justify spending development resources on an interim band-aid given all they are trying to get changed. We have no ETA on the Notum Scourge, but it has been described as a large task.

2. In general, we should expect nano-lines to contain fewer nanos, following the consolidation pattern set out in the re-work of MP attack pets.

This post will be updated with any forthcoming changes. If there are any questions, please fire away!
    Last edited by lainbr; Apr 20th, 2015 at 21:24:30.

Here are quotes from Testlive Patch Notes: 18.7.0.20, released today.

"Disclaimer: The main purpose of this patch was to unleash a number of the profession changes. This is also very much a work in progress

Patch Date: Feb 10, 2015

Updates from 18.7.0.17"

"General changes... Pets should be more receptive to heals."

"Meta Physicist

Nano Nano Shutdown: 10 second duration, 20 second cooldown, -1k nano skills
    Nano Nanite Enhanced Nano Shutdown: 10 second duration, 30 second cooldown, -3k nano skills
    Increased duration and remove taunt from damage debuffs
    Granted full access to Blunt Mastery and Ranger perklines
    Improved 1hb and 2hb creation weapons
    Casting Creation nanos will no longer reduce health/nano
    Nano Quantum Wings: Reduced casting time
    Nano Curse of Chronos: Increased chance to land
    Nano Touch of Poison: Increases Martial Arts skill by 120 EDIT: JustinSane here - changed to 120 AAO in .22, as the MA buff was not working as intended. END EDIT
    Cold Nukes will deal additional damage if the target is suffering from a "Mind" debuff
    Increased health of combat pets
    Increased healing capabilities of heal pets
    Increased chance of landing for mezz debuffs
    Nano Summoning of Yidira summons a QL 210 pet
    Nano Calling of Mortificant summons a level 215 pet
    Shutdown Removal 1 has been replaced with a Trader debuff removal
    Added a snare proc for combat pets
    Damge to Pet nanos will do less damage to pets
    Tigress sped up to 1.5/1.5 "
    Last edited by JustinSane4; Feb 27th, 2015 at 12:04:57.

****EDIT 2/26/2016*****

Updates from Test Live Patch 18.7.0.21 and 18.7.0.22

18.7.0.21:

"Meta Physicist

Biazu the Vile can be spawned at level 150 "

18.7.0.22:

" Meta Physicist:
    Increased duration of Animas, Evocations, Instills, and Anticipation of Retaliation to 4 hours
    Metaing's Improved Glacial Lance will correctly do *more* damage when the target has a Quake debuff running "

Justinsane4's note: I don't see where MIGL actually does more damage now than it did last patch, unless I'm missing something.
    Last edited by JustinSane4; Feb 26th, 2015 at 17:00:05.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    We have no ETA on the Notum Scourge, but it has been described as a large task.
    Sounds like a cop-out to me. They can make nanos that work around old systems to do what they intend (NBG, GTH, Sacrificial Shielding, etc), they can even make an entirely new pet for crats (Carlita). But copying a model that's already used ingame, attaching it to a new nano, and adjusting some stats? Woah, what do we think they are, game developers or something?

My guess (and that's all it is) is that the in-game model doesn't have all of the animations a pet needs, and that adding them needs art resources that are in short supply right now. Additionally, going through all endgame pets and updating their stats is a project in itself.

My guess (and that's all it is) is that the in-game model doesn't have all of the animations a pet needs,
    You mean like attack animation and run animations? Or are we talking about /disco and /flamenco? lol
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Resources appear to be Funcom's achilles heel, and is not really new news.

I hope this doesn't turn into a 'hurry up and wait more,' kinda thing. I can't be the only one who's sorta sick of that stick being used.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    You mean like attack animation and run animations? Or are we talking about /disco and /flamenco? lol
    Well, having seen variations of the Notum Scourge in action, I do have to say they don't have all that much of a move set in terms of their model: move around and then attempt to step on something. That last animation looks more imposing and impressive when the model is 20x the player's size, laughable when 1.2-1.7 times (like when Mortiig models attack by jamming their fingers into the ground...how does that hit anyone, let alone damage them...)

So that I can sort of understand. Manpower wise, I wouldn't say no to a Funcom check in the mail, but I doubt I have any of the skill set the developers need for AO right now.

When that nano is cast, it will check our nano skills and summon the highest Enmity Personification pet we meet the (hidden) nano requirement for.
    Hidden requirements?! Eeew! That's always really bad...

For example, if you've ever made a twink, you'll know that every single IP counts. You think about every point that you spend. It's not like you'll just blindly max out your MC/TS and see what pet pops out when you cast that nano. No, instead you'll only raise your MC/TS high enough for the highest possible pet. It's no use maxing it out, if you're still gonna be a few points short for the next level pet, since that would just be a waste of IP.

Consolidated nanos are a great idea, but please make the requirement for each level apparent in some way!
    Last edited by Mazzarin; Feb 11th, 2014 at 11:27:27.

1. MP Attack Pet nano-lines have been consolidated. Rather than have separate nanos for tiers of attack pets - for instance, 6 different Enmity Personification nanos - we'll have one nano for all Enmity Personification pets. When that nano is cast, it will check our nano skills and summon the highest Enmity Personification pet we meet the (hidden) nano requirement for. These, so far, match the nano-reqs for each of the current enmity personification. In other words, cast one nano for enmity personification, and it will sort through all the current enmity personification nanos and cast the highest one your nano-skills allow.
    As someone pointed out, how willl one know MBS of nanoskills for each Consolidate pet line. Just by seeing nano req's for next pet up ?
    Also, does OE via wrangles apply, ex. If you can barely self a Pet, but with wrangle you cast the "top one" in the line, does OE apply?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    As someone pointed out, how willl one know MBS of nanoskills for each Consolidate pet line. Just by seeing nano req's for next pet up ?
    Also, does OE via wrangles apply, ex. If you can barely self a Pet, but with wrangle you cast the "top one" in the line, does OE apply?
    OE applies, and right now I think it's the single biggest problem with the change. Right now to check what the hidden reqs are you can just use the current auno nano-listings for the attack pets, but I'd imagine that aoitems will show the complete nano information even if you can't see it in-game. A bit of a pain, but less so than most of the twinking process . The MBS for each skill is simply where the next one starts. Right now, it's one nano per attack pet class (for instance, one for enmity personification, etc.)

Can't fc just solve this by uploading all the nanos/pets 1 "dynamic" nano covers so ppl CAN use whatever they choose from for various reasons? Or are they hellbent on getting rid of the "too many nanos to handle for newbs" syndrome?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Perhaps the nano description could include the various tiers of pet?

Example: Emnity Nano;
    stage 1 pet req 5mc/ts,
    stage 2 pet req 10mc/ts,
    stage 3 pet req 15mc/ts etc?

Also maybe additional info in the /pet info such as AR and Def rating?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Yeah, that's gonna get messy fast, I suppose, but some sort of visible to player in game pet stats would be nice. Since X's site is gone, no idea what pet AR is for any given pet, or if its been changed.

I still think there needs to be diminished returns past the top level pet, so you do get some benefit, but not as good as getting the next nano in the line. That would give Enmity more legroom towards endgame than it has currently, and ease up some of the "I've been staring at the same pet for HOW LONG!?!?" some MPs get into.

Any word on RK demons, Urn Pets, etc?

No change on the Urn Pets to my knowledge, as to the other, consolidated to one nano now, but still the same pets.

Ugh. A suggestion, then: make the RK demon nano have the capacity to stretch from lvl 10 to 200 ish or consider removing it.

The problem with the demon line is that it is a tanking type pet MPs only get access to towards endgame, when they need it a lot earlier. By endgame, RK wise, they are usually going up against stuff the RK demon has zero business trying to tank, and thusly the top meatball or urn pet are used, and with SL and up the SL demons are available from what sounds like 150 on, and they usually have better stats than the RK demon in AR, AC, and so on.

I understand the why's and hows of the RK demon, but it does seem more the odd child out these days with the state of the game.

I want to know if the requirements are hidden, how will this affect us when we buff into potentially OE pets?

Is OE gunna matter more or less in this situation?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    I want to know if the requirements are hidden, how will this affect us when we buff into potentially OE pets?

Is OE gunna matter more or less in this situation?
    I'm pretty sure the OE rule gonna stay the same. So far the hidden requirements are the same as current nanos. This basically is compression, so you need less nanocrystals installed.

P.s.: Yes, I'm still alive
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Just a thought while i was looking at reids prof balance thread...

Crats Charms:

there are talks about providing a way for bureaucrats to 'capture the essence' of npc's/monsters and spawn them later on in other zones for pvm or pvp!

Does this sound like an Urn pet almost? Or a combo urn pet and fixer Empty Data Receptacle Container?

Wonder if this could open up use for SL urns? Doubful they would add any new pets for us though.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast