Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming fixer nerf...

Upcoming fixer nerf...

Lazy, what's going on over there...

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    In regards to the issue of fixer meep, we have added a local cooldown of 20 minutes to this nano line in the 18.7 branch. If this is not enough, I will look in to removing the team version of this nano.
    Last edited by Xootch; Apr 8th, 2014 at 22:57:23.

We can only hope.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

I've asked for clarification in the thread but not seen any yet. Is there a thread somewhere where this was discussed in more detail before being implemented that I've simply missed due to not keeping up for a few months?
    :E

fixers got rekt

in practice all it means is that regular players are getting the shaft and nolifers with 20 accounts will just make more fixers to get around the nerf.

didnt genele just stress how they're communicating with the professionals about everything? oh wait. she didnt say which professionals...

so the solution is to mb 6 fixers. interesting. i just got 2 tho :/ need to tell soju for a script i guess....
    Last edited by Xootch; Apr 10th, 2014 at 03:11:17.

Hm.
    maybe it would be possible to combine if... then... routine.
    if Fixer or teammate of the fixer have a tower flag it starts the 20min cooldown.

Omni,Clan,Neut - doesn't matter....

wtf, removing the team meep should not be an option at all. I'd rather see it disabled completely while in pvp gas. removing it, is just a lazy, silly, irresponsible idea....crap, it's going to be removed I bet ><

now that cities are gone, that team meep is more useful than ever. they need to create more efficient ways of getting around RK before considering this, and no, the beacon is not what I call a viable means of travel.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    wtf, removing the team meep should not be an option at all. I'd rather see it disabled completely while in pvp gas. removing it, is just a lazy, silly, irresponsible idea....crap, it's going to be removed I bet ><

now that cities are gone, that team meep is more useful than ever. they need to create more efficient ways of getting around RK before considering this, and no, the beacon is not what I call a viable means of travel.
    ya, not bad. or just put the 20m hostile buff on anyone who gets a instameep so they won't get it again.

But I'd prefer to see it be 1 hour not 20m.

aye 20 minutes on instagrid... You can still use 1 minute casting time one as normaly. That is still "quick" travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Alternatives to the proposed broad-strokes approach, mostly gathered from previous threads:

- Create anti-meep towers.
    - Capped cast time on team meep nanos of 3 seconds.
    - Separate change to meeps which will only affect PvP scenarios (eg. not being able to use the PvM meep while flagged or under <75% gas).
    - Lockout on team meep only. Leave solo meeps alone so blitzing is still possible.

Might be a few I forgot. Most of those threads tend to degenerate into vitriol due to their heated nature.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    ya, not bad. or just put the 20m hostile buff on anyone who gets a instameep so they won't get it again.

aren't you on emoquit? i'm sure you agree that people who aren't playing have no say about what's happening to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    aren't you on emoquit? i'm sure you agree that people who aren't playing have no say about what's happening to the game.
    Cancelled accounts, yes.

But that doesn't preclude the potential to re-sub.

In fact, it IS what generally results in a re-sub.

Wouldn't you say?

i'd say that quitting and publicly stating you'll resub is not all too efficient blackmailing. if that was anyone's intention...

but not you...at least not according to this:

Hence, I'm out. I don't think I'm coming back either; even if this issue is fixed, FC's record on not grasping the level of scale and scope of the idiotic extremism people take the game to in order to get an advantage is atrocious.
    Last edited by Xootch; Apr 11th, 2014 at 02:47:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    i'd say that quitting and publicly stating you'll resub is not all too efficient blackmailing. if that was anyone's intention...

but not you...at least not according to this:
    Very observant.

However, damage is not completely irreparable.

I'm certainly not stating "publically" that I'm re-subbing.

I'm saying if good changes are implemented then it's a consideration.

People who get meeped having the lockout nano casted on them honestly seems like the best way to handle it.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    People who get meeped having the lockout nano casted on them honestly seems like the best way to handle it.
    this doesn't affect people with multiple accounts of 220's in any way shape or form (i.e. people that abuse team meep are mostly people who can /afk in the grid on the toon that got meeped while logging 3-5 other accounts with finished 220's to pvp with, thus rendering gthe nerf moot to the people abusing it the most)

happy to have left AO
    Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

oh lawdies noe, what ever will the fotm rerollers do :OOO
    Diabetes - teh qt engi
    Anseh - teh nab nanotech
    Lethargic - teh gimp trader

Devil Inside

20min in "team" meep cooldown , not bad. As long as it does not lock out regular team grid I have no issue with that.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast