Thread: Lowering barriers of entry and raising quality of life

Exclamation Lowering barriers of entry and raising quality of life

(nevermind)
    Last edited by Ixal; Feb 8th, 2018 at 17:33:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Miru View Post
    1. Either open the trade channels to all level ranges or remove the AI expansion requirement from the global market. Preferably both, honestly.
    I agree on everything except for this one - the market is an expansion feature, and should be kept as such IMO - froobs can at least now search for things, which allows them to set prices and ask for help to purchase items, usually offering a tip, which adds another sector to the economy.

As to the trade channels, those were locked to low levels rather recently, when the cred spammers became prevalent. Now, I realize they moved to OOC, but again in my opinion, I'd rather have them in a social channel rather than a business channel.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

I'll just quote myself on why I think opening up the GMI to froobs is a great idea. And the GMS was part of the AI expansion (albeit late) but the GMI was not. It simply replaced it years later.. but it was not part of the AI expansion at all. Why they transferred that requirement is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I understand why org city related items require/required AI. The GMS was in an org city.. that connection is very clear. The GMS, however, is gone.

The fact that the GMI replaced some functionality of the GMS isn't relevant to the fact that an in-game auction house (whatever you call it) is a standard function of pretty much every game on the market now (regardless of game age). Now that you no longer need to enter an org city to make purchases, Trypha is correct, it simply doesn't make sense for the game devs to shut froobs out of using it.

If you look at other games, there are limits set for free-to-play players.. that I agree with totally, but not being able to post items really hurts us paid players too. There's tons of stuff that froobs obtain via their escapades on RK that many of us would purchase if it were on the GMI to buy. That means opening up froobs to use the GMI to sell (even in limited quantities) would help their paid playerbase.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 25th, 2014 at 16:31:42.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I still think that certain things should be behind a paywall, seeing as we are paying one of the highest subscription costs in MMOs today - I have no objection to a one time fee for froob GMI access, or even give them GMI access with a lower credit or item limit, with full access again behind a paywall, but just opening it with no caveats is not something I endorse.

Well the idea I quoted from was the post I made in the Item Shop area to offer a one time paid access.. and it wasn't froobs I had in mind but my own free accounts that serve as bank mules.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Well the idea I quoted from was the post I made in the Item Shop area to offer a one time paid access.. and it wasn't froobs I had in mind but my own free accounts that serve as bank mules.
    I agree - I would pay for it on my mules as well - I just used froobs as a blanket statement to include all free accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Miru View Post
    2. Increase the availability of Miy's armor to ranges 10-50. Add cyborg, mantis and medusa mobs of those ranges around level-appropriate areas, maybe a cyborg dungeon, so players can acquire decent gear by themselves without relying on tradeskill help or having to buy Omnifiers or Clanalizers (which don't drop under level 50) for exorbitant prices from other players.
    A medsuit and vagabond cloak into exarch robe/neleb's robe/GTA are already excellent choices for armour from 1-50 for fr00bs.

QL50 Miy's really wouldn't compare.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp