Thread: Good Noob Area ?? Full Game.

Good Noob Area ?? Full Game.

New player here. I have the full game ($14.95 monthly for a year) and I have all the expansions.

I'm trying to figure out the best place to solo for fun, loot, experience, etc. Since I have the full game I'm not limited to the "froob" or "sloob" areas, and to be honest, I don't mind being by myself as long as the area is interesting...I have to break away so often for real life stuff that I can't really group anyway.

Also, I'm playing a Fixer right now (currently level 11 in Omni-Sewers). I'd like to try a couple more characters and welcome your thoughts on a good solo class.

The Subway in ICC would be an excellent place at your level. You're quite likely to meet others your level too.

Don't forget to find the Daily Mission Agency too! (Go click a billboard in one of the main cities for directions)

Welcome to Rubi-Ka!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...n-overview-***

this is quite a good solo leveling guide, also as aiken said, don't underestimate the power of dailies!

I'd suggest trying to enjoy the game without dailies. Dailies arent the real AO experience. I'd suggest exploring as many places as you can. Fixer is a great character to start with, they are fun and can solo pretty well. I'd suggest going to check out the Shadowlands, specifically Nascence. You can just go explore and kill mobs and enjoy yourself out there. At level 20-ish or so, Temple of Three Winds in Greater Tir County is a great place to meet people and get some solid loot. I would just suggest exploring as many places as possible. The game is massive and there is much to see, so try to explore more than just the Shadowlands and pocket teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpTony View Post
    I'd suggest trying to enjoy the game without dailies. Dailies arent the real AO experience. I'd suggest exploring as many places as you can. Fixer is a great character to start with, they are fun and can solo pretty well. I'd suggest going to check out the Shadowlands, specifically Nascence. You can just go explore and kill mobs and enjoy yourself out there. At level 20-ish or so, Temple of Three Winds in Greater Tir County is a great place to meet people and get some solid loot. I would just suggest exploring as many places as possible. The game is massive and there is much to see, so try to explore more than just the Shadowlands and pocket teams.
    What he said. Try to find levelling teams, its much more fun. However there are times when people just don't really want to do what you want at the moment, or you are tired or you dont have much time to play in the day, then daily missions come very handy. Give the Alien daily a priority, as it is a little more difficult to get AXP the "normal" way.
    As suggested, EXPLORE. It is one of the best experiences in the game, especially if you find something quirky, beautiful or simply interesting. There are quite a lot of well hidden areas both on RK and SL that are quite interesting and worth exploring just to see it
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

++what sharp said
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Thanks guys. I appreciate you taking the time to help me. I'll keep checking back.

Look up Caloss2 on youtube. He's got some pretty good content for AO.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

AO Universe is a great resource if you find yourself stuck not knowing what to do next. Do the quests, they all mostly give somewhat decent XP. Don't rush to get to end game, this game is full of content for every level. I agree with skipping the daily missions for now (except the AI ones. Do those.), they'll make you a high level noob in no time.

http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...F&lang=en#sub1
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

On exploration...

If you're not sure where to go or how to differentiate what you "should" be exploring, vs what isn't really level relevant content, there's two failsafes that work pretty well:

1. On RK go into the grid, and walk over an exit. If you can leave, there will be content there that is at your level or below. If you can't exit the grid (it'll say: your computer literacy needs to be ##), then that are is too high for you - repeat this process a few times as you level up to find new areas (by default) that are "open" to you. There are ways to force the issue, but don't worry about that yet.

2. In Shadowlands, you can talk to the guys with blue names for quests (or check guides). Do the SL KEY quests. If you can complete the quest, you'll be in good shape to tackle most of the mobs in that zone. The key quests aren't requisite, but they really make traversing SL a lot easier - otherwise, it's a LOT of running, saving, and hoping you don't die/lag off a cliff/get stuck in geometry/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    On exploration...

If you're not sure where to go or how to differentiate what you "should" be exploring, vs what isn't really level relevant content, there's two failsafes that work pretty well:

1. On RK go into the grid, and walk over an exit. If you can leave, there will be content there that is at your level or below. If you can't exit the grid (it'll say: your computer literacy needs to be ##), then that are is too high for you - repeat this process a few times as you level up to find new areas (by default) that are "open" to you. There are ways to force the issue, but don't worry about that yet.
    Prepare to get rekt by guards!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpTony View Post
    Prepare to get rekt by guards!
    Stay Neutral and ignore all guards (except some madman in Tir