Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Spaced Out" Turn it Down

"Spaced Out" Turn it Down

Recently logged my 170ish Enforcer. Rarely play him, he's nothing to shout about, but he's got basically decent equipment (no CC but he has symbs, armor, maul of gwywdwyggygy - he's basicly stalled at SL stage of development but has completed some research and such since then), his evades are not great but he's an enforcer. Huge HP (for his level) and layers and such.

He was sitting in front of the Daily Mission AI guy with the item from the "spaced out" mission in his inventory and the mission showing that it's in the "return this thing to someone mode". I rapidly ascertain that the last time I played this guy I gave up in confusion when I discovered that - unlike all other return missions ever - I could not return the item to the mission giver... I didn't yet know that for reasons unknown this mission requires yiou to give the Pulsing Clump to little wounded guy who just sits there and whines in chat.

I've since learned the errors of my ways.

So I figured I'd just go back (I couldn't pull a new AI mission since "you can only pull 1 mission every 18 hours" and apparently the 2+ weeks since I last logged this toon wasn't enough) and return the item for the quest reward. Get back inside the mission and it's on. It's fully reloaded. It is not complete and waiting only for me to return the doodad. Then this:

[an edited wall of text detailing a bunch of AI mobs nonstop owning me with 1K+ melee and nano damage attacks]

Then I died. Those buggers attacked me nonstop. I could not heal between mobs. They were nuking me for a large part of my total HP with every shot. Even the melee attacks were ripping out about 1K a bite. Just about all my evades are maxed - except NR but that's about halfway and shouldn't affect the Melee attacks. That is messed up.

A lot of times, on a lot of my toons, alien missions are a cakewalk. The bomb and salvage missions are a stroll in the park (unless I'm playing NT or Crat). Something about these missions is definitely screwy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

You can't just run up to all mobs and tank them all, when I do this mission I have no problem doing one alien at a time and getting as much time as I need to between mobs. Just have to be tactical.
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

I got this mission twice on my 150 enforcer now.
    1st time was cocoon room, which was cake
    2nd time was with "regular" mobs.
    If you look around and choose the mobs carefully it is not that hard at all.

Stick to the West side and only kill one of each type of mob that spawns plus pull the "boss" away from the middle before attacking or you may get extra agg. Although they did seem to amp up the mobs here. Got it on my one 220 the other day and while in the prior patch I resisted most every nuke those Technicians were now landing them left and right.

There's nothing wrong with this mision, in any level range. You're just doing it wrong.
    Pick a corner, kill the mob there, it's a Hive Guard I think. Once thats dead go kill the Medic in either corner left or right. Once thats dead go back to the corner you just came from and kill the nuker. Now the boss spawns in the middle, pull him carefully back to the corner you're in, kill and loot. Tada...

Quote Originally Posted by arctictiger View Post
    I got this mission twice on my 150 enforcer now.
    1st time was cocoon room, which was cake
    2nd time was with "regular" mobs.
    If you look around and choose the mobs carefully it is not that hard at all.
    There is no cocoon room in spaced out.

Here's the damage scroll from the latest run. After killing the boss I tried to cross the room diagonally to just give the wimp the quest item and get out. Duel mobs spawned in both corners and attacked. Mobs near wimp, a single dot on the map, turn out to be two mobs - which attack. Notice the damage shield? That's embedded in my symbiants. I wasn't using reflects.

Now this is a fairly twinked 150 MA running GSF, HacknQuack, full DOF and Limber where possible, and a doc hit me with that 65+ Improved Continuous Reconstruction right before I went in.

"[Vicinity Loot Messages] [You] looted Pulsing Clump from Remains of Kyr'Ozch Hive Warden.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Medic for 1638 points of fire damage.
    Your damage shield hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 12 points of damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 702 points of cold damage.
    You were healed for 627 points.
    You were healed for 126 points.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Medic for 1580 points of fire damage.
    Your damage shield hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 18 points of damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 766 points of radiation damage.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Medic for 919 points of fire damage.
    You were healed for 365 points.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Medic for 1876 points of Dimach damage.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Medic for 3570 points of fire damage.Critical hit!
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Medic for 778 points of Brawling damage.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Medic for 3570 points of fire damage.Critical hit!
    Your damage shield hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 18 points of damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 532 points of radiation damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 1278 points of cold damage.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 708 points of fire damage.
    You were healed for 379 points.
    You were healed for 126 points.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 1432 points of fire damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 758 points of cold damage.
    You were healed for 364 points.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 1104 points of cold damage.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 1349 points of fire damage.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 1095 points of fire damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 867 points of cold damage.
    You hit Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 888 points of fire damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician for 1245 points of cold damage.
    You were healed for 56 points."
    Last edited by If6Was9; Nov 29th, 2010 at 10:35:07.
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    There is no spoon either...

Sometime, Spaced out is a coon room.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

yes there *IS* a type of cocoon room in "spaced out"

And debump for making it any easier, if they did they might as well just give you the huge xp reward without the mish.

"I tried to cross the room diagonally" Learn from the mistake there.

If your having problems with nukers on your MA, (and what MA doesnt) use the MA special attack to help you out....
    Varsbot
    Variable004

....SNIP.....
    Wrong. There are 2 random 'spaced out' instances, one that you got so far and the other *is* a coon room, wherein you have to kill coons which spawn aliens - one of whom in turn, drop the thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    yes there *IS* a type of cocoon room in "spaced out"

And debump for making it any easier, if they did they might as well just give you the huge xp reward without the mish.

"I tried to cross the room diagonally" Learn from the mistake there.

If your having problems with nukers on your MA, (and what MA doesnt) use the MA special attack to help you out....
    The MA special attack? There's about 30.

Right you all, I'm just feebing on this and it's perfectly balanced. Chain spawning mobs that show up as a single dot on your map but are actually pairs, nuke you regardless of evades and NR, and appear to agg off of imbedded symbiants - that's just good planning.

How could I think otherwise?

But you're all right about the cocoon version, that one is so easy I didn't think it had the same title.

I think it is a rare(ish) bugged mission where the mobs double spawn. I would guess it happens if you die or leave the mission before completing it and return for a second time. Its like the playfield respawns all the mobs when you enter, even the ones you didnt kill before.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Maybe they're not properly balanced for mid levels? I know I have pretty much zero problems on my 220 NT. It's one of my favourite missions since it's so quick.

The midlevel ones *are* a little too strong, but doable ( even on my tl4 NT ) if you go get buffed to hell before you go in. Mebbe a little tweak downwards, but not too much.

I'm doing it wrong /qq
    my 150 s10 MA, who is wearing pred, ofab, spirit focuses, and a d-chest can solo it np. every single time. he is gimp.

spaced out is even easier on an enforcer. layers and full def these mobs rarely hit or nuke you, use rage proc for extra nr. spam layers.

this is the easiest mission by far.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Upon a Wave of Summer is the MA special attack I was referring to, couldnt remember the name when I typed the orginal reply, but since the point was refering to the difficulty you were having with nukers I thought you could put 2 and 2 together.
    Varsbot
    Variable004

If you are ever being attacked by more than one mob at a time in this mission: You made mistakes.
    It's very easy at all level ranges, think before you dive in recklessly.

First you die and learn then you live and learn.

1. Don't call an aliens mother a garden slug... they all have same mother and they don't like that, you die.

2. Do pick one alien, run up behind them and hit them with large frying pan before they call for help, you live.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Seriously. Am I the only one that has gotten lower lvl aliens after the latest patch?

Everyone else sounds like mobs have gotten harder, but I can clearly see the aliens i encounter are now greenish, and not yellowish.

Funcom employee

You get aliens up to 5 levels higher or lower than your own level.
    This means difficulty may vary a little bit from day to day.
    This is normal.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

and this is why AO pvm is so easy, cause people like If6was9 can't even beat some of the easiest dailies to date.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast