Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Feb. 18th, 2011: 10th Anniversary Party in Montreal - June 25th!

There's never any AO information in the reports. That should tell ya something.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    Aha! That explains everything! The engine is coming for AoC, not AO.
    That upgrade actually is FROM the AO engine work, the things they found out about the engine while trying to plug it into the hold code made it so they could make improvements to AoC's engine. I believe AoC's update is already on their test server, or going to be on it by the end of the month. Sil was doing a lot of running around trying to learn the ins and outs of it. (The things you learn from talking on IRC with the devs.)
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Hi guys !! I'm from Montreal here ! That's a good news that Funcom opened an office here hehehe !

The 24-25 june is the National birthday of Quebec and guess what... montreal is the 2nd biggest party place for Saint-Jean-Baptiste in all Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkIOQ2zaD98

I hope you feel for partying :P

Next good news, I'm always good to help some AO mates ! I've already been to see IRL Les rebelles francophones org mate in Belgium, canada and France and Up to meet more all around the world ^^

Just send a tell right here or on Balkasak in game ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    That upgrade actually is FROM the AO engine work, the things they found out about the engine while trying to plug it into the hold code made it so they could make improvements to AoC's engine. I believe AoC's update is already on their test server, or going to be on it by the end of the month. Sil was doing a lot of running around trying to learn the ins and outs of it. (The things you learn from talking on IRC with the devs.)
    See! I told you all. They did nasty/hidebehindwalls stuff before shinies things like water and skies. Which means.... they are near.

But who cares. I bet all those haters/flammers (i love you yeni but u in this group >.<) never did any kind of hard programation or project. And they ever wanna undestand wtf recode a program means.

OKIES! For what the matters now! Did I saw crit decrease, reflects and nr in adv morphs?!!!
    EDIT: Just finished to read adv nano doc...... THEY ARE OP! But hell, I liked it. Now I'll have more reason when I die with zero heals with adv in team <3
    Make the MP's moah op and I'll forgive it ;o

[Completly offtopic on] WHY CANADA? :x Now my process to visit you is far bigger. Ex.:
    Me travels to Nowergian:

1. Get a passport
    2. Get plane tickets
    3. Profit

Me travels to Canada(w/o touching US):

1. Reserv a hotel
    2. Reserv plane tickets
    3. Pay $100
    4. Travel a distance like Germany to Portugal to answer a silly interview
    5. Interview (Are u a terrorist? U haz bombs? U will traffic drugs?... Are u sure u not a terrorist.....) SILLY INTERVIEW.
    6. Wait a month
    7. Repeat process 3 to 6 if your plane happens to touch US land
    8. If you get your visa: profit. If not: Unreserv anything you reserved 1/2 months ago, spend your money for nothing, FU /facepalm

And its ever the same continent. Silly silly :x

[Completly offtopic off]
    Last edited by lainbr; Feb 19th, 2011 at 03:06:45. Reason: Adding moah info
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by balkasak View Post
    The 24-25 june is the National birthday of Quebec and guess what... montreal is the 2nd biggest party place for Saint-Jean-Baptiste in all Canada.
    Which is the number 1? Prolly not Quebec city, i'm from there, and it's that "big" i believe.

I'd go if it weren't the same weekend as St-Jean's.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    From Q3 Quarterly Report:

an upgraded version of
    the DreamWorld Technology is scheduled to be
    implemented into Age of Conan during 1Q11.
    It's because AO isn't getting AoC's current engine, but rather AoC's new engine.
    Part of the reason it takes a while to add it to AO is because that specific engine is still in development as well. (this was also mentioned at the previous fan event).

And of course there's all the weird things AO does graphics wise.
    When just going around in AO and paying close attention you can find all kinds of little custom effects (especially in SL).
    Some small and some huge like the Shadowlands sky.

It's magic I tell you.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    It's because AO isn't getting AoC's current engine, but rather AoC's new engine.
    Part of the reason it takes a while to add it to AO is because that specific engine is still in development as well. (this was also mentioned at the previous fan event).

And of course there's all the weird things AO does graphics wise.
    When just going around in AO and paying close attention you can find all kinds of little custom effects (especially in SL).
    Some small and some huge like the Shadowlands sky.

It's magic I tell you.
    So AO's devs were too smart for someone's else good? ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    So AO's devs were too smart for someone's else good? ;D
    The SL devs sure loved graphics programming at least
    Never really noticed all the tiny things until one of the programmers pointed a few out to me.
    You don't notice it's there, but you sure do notice when it's gone.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    The SL devs sure loved graphics programming at least
    Never really noticed all the tiny things until one of the programmers pointed a few out to me.
    You don't notice it's there, but you sure do notice when it's gone.
    One other thing with AO, how often do you notice wild life(non-"npc")? Intresting detail all together...

I had this with Witcher, I went like WTF there is little gnomes running around...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    They tell use what's happening all the time. I think that's being REALLY unfair and dishonest. I know no other dev team that is telling their players what is happening with game developments on a weekly basis. You're so full of it. You could only get more insight if you WORKED at FC on AO.
    Dude the making outlandish statements approach doesn't work on me so just quit it already. You don't shock me into awe. Except possibly of how much of a fanboi someone can actually be to an online game company.

I'm asking for them to reaffirm what they have said themselves. Namely that the new game engine is due for release in q1 2011. That is all. Everyone except you and perhaps a certain NT professional seem to think that is perfectly reasonable.

Because it IS reasonable.

{edited by Anarrina: completely unnecessary}

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 19th, 2011 at 15:35:15.

Hoping bigtime that I make it...

and hope that AO lives for another 10 years! Its gonna be pretty awesome!

honestly ppl... how naive can u be?
    there will be no new engine in 2011... u really believe that it will come soon(tm) ?

they promised new footage/videos how many month ago?
    u really think they wouldn't bring those to get everybody excited if they would have a state that's "showable" by now?
    the engine is far far away from being ready to release... and it's way more likely that they will say "we canceled the aoc engine in favor of the new dreamworld one, that's why we delay it for 5-10 years" than to see a new engine within this year...
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    they promised new footage/videos how many month ago?
    u really think they wouldn't bring those to get everybody excited if they would have a state that's "showable" by now?
    the engine is far far away from being ready to release...
    Then they should stop the silent treatment and friggin tell us that!

What makes you think that FC Corporate would let them? You have to remember that even Means does not have the last say in what he can and can not say about the game. (And no he's not going to break NDA and lose his job just to give you some pretty video.)

As noted previously it's the upgraded AoC engine we're getting, yet they don't have an official video of it, just some beta videos of it on Youtube that have gone up for the last few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaYlNKuO4Pg One of the 2 of AoC's Dreamworld 2.1 engine.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

What makes you think that FC Corporate would let them? You have to remember that even Means does not have the last say in what he can and can not say about the game. (And no he's not going to break NDA and lose his job just to give you some pretty video.)

As noted previously it's the upgraded AoC engine we're getting, yet they don't have an official video of it, just some beta videos of it on Youtube that have gone up for the last few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaYlNKuO4Pg One of the 2 of AoC's Dreamworld 2.1 engine.

Might be same as with item-shop, was there single word they were going to implement that? Any communication with player base? I think it was dictate by FC, and there might be same issues with new engine if it is something more than current AoC...

What's certain by now is we need clear news & infos about what is going on, why AO isn't mentionned anywhere in these financial reports, what is exactly about AoC engine update or partnership to release TSW & wich will be the fate of AO in all this ...

Last solid news we had was october so it's now nearly 5 MONTHES ... again, i think the community deserves some real details on new engine ETA.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    again, i think the community deserves some real details on new engine ETA.
    Once again, WHY, us knowing it's current state is not going to change it's launch date in any form. Means has said time and again that "Q1 2011" and if you look at FC's quarterly frame you see it's not the end of march like many people think.

AoC's engine is in beta now, which means there's at least less new features coming out for the AO team to contend with.

Relax, what does it change by knowing the engine launch is going to be in 2222? Is it going to decide if you say with the game or not? Then leave for now, wait until the engine comes out then come back. If it means "I want friends to play in game with again." You need better friends if they leave over the graphics and not the gameplay. Which if they left over the gameplay that means the engine isn't going to do jack for them.

<@Kintaii> L2P

What makes you think that FC Corporate would let them? ...
    if FC doesn't allow him to - it exactly means what i wrote: there's nothing to show or it's to disappointing to show.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

if FC doesn't allow him to - it exactly means what i wrote: there's nothing to show or it's to disappointing to show.
    that's quite a false assumption you say there. I know enough companies that don't show a thing besides a tiny bit of info and crack down fansites that post leaked pictures just so they can keep on building up the hype, Nintendo/Gamefreak is the first that comes to mind.

If you don't believe in the engine, just be silent and enjoy the game or move on. You are not here to spread the word and convert us.

If you have faith in FC, then let them work and stop making silly demands and assumptions.

People saw the engine, and those that know enough of game coding understand that moving from one engine to another is not easy when your code is not good documented and the engine you are converting to is also in beta phase and has to work on other games too.

If they never said anything about the engine at all, noone would be complaining about something that doesnt change the gameplay.
    It's the one thing you can really say about FC, they should just have kept silent until the work was 90% done.
    They're human, they made mistakes and those dates they project are estimates, not absolutes.

Maybe they stopped explaining it cause they no longer feel like fueling the hate machine that's running through the forums.

tl;dr: pay, play and enjoy the game or move on and find a game that you find fun and suits your needs.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast