Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Garuk's Improved Viral Assault

nr2 nts goodbye :O oh wait the nuke is crap to begin with

here's an idea

2k mc, 13k 26k damage, instacast, no recharge, 11s cd, 50% nr check.

there, i just fixed DM for you. funcom here me to fix the rest of your game now.

EDIT: fixed to account for PVP damage reductions.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jun 21st, 2014 at 18:28:21.

So basically the nano that was useful when used as intended has been removed rather than fixed, then replaced with something completely useless/and or/unusable ?

Everyday, another nail in the coffin.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Everyday, another nail in the coffin.
    coffin's so full of nails it looks like a hedgehog by now...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    coffin's so full of nails it looks like a hedgehog by now...
    Good, hedgehogs are adorable

Why not give Nts a way more powerful nuke? Nts are nowhere near good enough damage considering their awesome lack of survivability. NT is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Why not give Nts a way more powerful nuke? Nts are nowhere near good enough damage considering their awesome lack of survivability. NT is a joke.
    Are we even playing the same game? NTs are awesome damage, and Funcom seems to have forgotten the "glass" part of "glass cannon" at endgame

wat. NT's damage is decent at best in standard gear and pretty abysmal in pvp gear last i checked. building a DD nt requires a LOT of def sacrifice that most (read: all) nt's don't make.

lol nvm forgot about that 30% nuke hrhr

Dm was the dd now we all go pistol and candy cane
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

All I got to say is with all the people in game right now, towers need about 95% less HP, or keep DM as is.

With new cyberdecks, nukes should be scaled by attack rating anyways, and professionals (if still exists), get to work damn it!

I seriously hope this isn't an accurate picture of what we're getting to fix DM.

I've not logged in since I learned how to perform the DM exploit for fear of being tempted into it - and subsequently get 'used' to that sort of power; such that no replacement could ever make NT feel as powerful again.

This isn't exactly the reward for good behavior I was hoping for. A nuke that effectively renders my entire build catastrophically inadequate vs a pistol-wielding candy dispenser.

Do a good job please - I don't want to prolong my hiatus in order to try and skip yet another NT dark age. (I've lived through enough of those; thanks)

It's going to blow, if it's released like that. That's for sure.

Well there is always the option of parking the nt and play any og my other 11 220 chars, but i'de much prefer to get a proper fix since i shold not be forced to use pistols + CC so be good dd.

That's not what a NT should be from my POW anyhow, clearly the devs feel differently, and if you don't play it like they feel is the right way you get the nerfstick.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    With new cyberdecks, nukes should be scaled by attack rating anyways, and professionals (if still exists), get to work damn it!
    With the lack of game knowledge displayed by this nano (and all of funcom's work in the past 10 years) I'm not exactly hoping for any positive changes to come with the mythical rebalance to be honest.

Doesn't this completely remove NT's PvM role as a DD profession yet again?
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Doesn't this completely remove NT's PvM role as a DD profession yet again?
    It does indeed. Before DM NTs could be decent DD with no real other gain for the team. If Garuk hits live in its current state, NTs will go back to being as desireable as they were pre-LE. Which is to say not.

And before someone comes running about nano regain, mezzing, layerspam and blinds:
    Layerspam? Huge recharge, no dd.
    Nano regain? When was the last time a TL7 ran out of nano?
    Mezzing? When it could land, noone needs it. Mobs that do matter are immune to NT calms.
    Blinds? Meh, they can be somewhat useful. But certainly not enough to warrant a team position @ TL7.

Genele, please give us some information in which way this Garuk nuke will evolve before it hits live. Even if it'll take a few more days until the next incarnation hits Test.
    Or at the very least a bit of background as to why the requirements and stats were chosen this way.
    Thanks.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Is there any scenario in which an NT would cast this nano? If they are a weapon build, they'd be vastly better off going Candycane and +damage rather than Garuk's and gearing for 3,000 MC. And it's nowhere close to as good as IU. This looks like a wholly useless nano. NTs have been kind of awesome for a while now, but egad that's a big nerf.

Ya, it's ridiculous.

I kind of like the whole killing towers in 3 shots thing. I mean, it's not like war can ever be dominated by one prof, and the bug doesn't work on CT's so it's kinda cool that NT's can roam around flattening towers even without a big team.

Imo it's too powerful, but I'd really like to see either engineer or NT get a tower destruction nano/device.

It should either insta-kill any tower except CT and have like a 45 second cast, and be 100% interruptible; or,

A 15s cast that does a set amount of damage like 250k damage or 30% and is 100% interruptible.

Part of what makes tower wars so damn boring is that there's no drive to have people trying to kill the tower at the same time as trying to defend players killing towers. Let me say it differently:

The TTK on players is WAY too fast compared to what towers can do. It would make more sense to have to actually FIGHT towers in order to survive them using strategy, and, when players come to fight, you have to decide if you are going to forgo tower kill to fight players where either threat is significant.

The way it should be is fairly obvious, different profs should be required in order to make a tower kill very fast, and with tradeoffs that make sense.

Imagine for a moment that an engineer is the "tower killer", in a engi vs tower event he sends his pets in to attack, they generate aggro, he runs in and starts the detonation matrix (lol) once initiated, the engineer cannot be interrupted or the install will fail, and everytime the engineer starts a DM, a warning is issued to the defending org, and the tower emits a self defence beacon AND emits a flashing notification in minimap.

If one engi is installing the detonation matrix, then the tower is locked and no other engi can install the device (until he is interrupted).

Now, while the engineer is installing the device, defenders can charge in and attempt to interrupt the installation installation should take 15s.

If the installation is successful, a countdown timer spawns for 5seconds and does AOE ****tons of damage for 5m, anyone in the area will take a capped PVP hit to health, and does a 30% capped hit on the tower.

Now, that's how to KILL a tower, so what do people do with all their guns and stuff? They need to damage the tower and watch out for the AOE detonations, and defend the installer (both from other towers and from defenders)

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    *snip*
    That idea is cool, but I can foresee a problem with 10 engineers in a tower attack. That means that all towers will be gone within 5 minutes. There's no way to launch a defense on that. At all

I do agree on that towers should pose more of a threat, they could do heavier debuffs and do more a lot more damage (with more attack rating) than they currently do. Alternative, TS a new tower from the old tower, less bonuses to the player but a lot more damage and evades from the tower.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

back to LE nukes
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast