Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Garuk's Improved Viral Assault

There is something so valuable in this world that no other MMO can replicate. Where did I read a post that said hope Funcom destroys AO so someone else can buy the server software?

I think I got a decent explanation. Maybe they only have one keyboard, and the '2' key is malfunctionning, so they had to change every 2xxx with 3xxx. What do you guys think about this theory ?

I'm not happy about this.

Cast/recharge are pure copy of izgimmers triple copypaste workers at their best. Theyll rework it but next patch aint around the corner.. so 3-4 months of broken nt's aint fun and not worth paying if its your main.
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

Well; just to be sure I dressed up in my 3k MC suit and presto:

Executing Nano Program: Garuk's Improved Viral Assault.
    You hit 34-I Helper with nanobots for 14267 points of radiation damage.

Which is a pretty high hit being it was an RK mob.
    I had to sacrifice 7% nano damage but had about +400 rad damage in gear to make this change.

Garuk's minimum in this gear was 7620.

IU with my normal +35% nano damage and my normal +200ish damage does a minimum of 6715.

So considering their cast/recharge times and only minimum damage hits -
    Garuk's is 1009 damage/sec
    IU is 2238 damage/sec

Even if they doubled the damage this thing does - it would be a little worse than IU in terms of raw damage output - and considering a faster attack can lead to more capped hits in PvP, its even worse than that. Its also worse in that its got about a 50% higher NR check.

For the cost of sacrificing all the AAD, NR, Health and the expence of getting a full MC build to get it AND taking the risk it won't land - if this nano is to remain its my recommendation that it needs its damage boosting between 4-6x its current amount.
    Making it a slow but capped hit on the likes of enforcers - and a true 'glass cannon' weapon in PvM for NTs willing to gear for it and take the risk of agg.
    After all; if this dosn't get resolved i'm probably never going to need to cast "Forget Me!" ever again..

But that suggestion voiced - decent DD shouldn't really be the domain of just a select few crazies amongst us, FC need to face the fact that they've undone what DM fixed - and even then DM only 'fixed' the NT DD problem for 215+ so it wasn't a great fix in itself.

A better solution and quick fix would be to re-use the now fairly useless DoTs (froob and AI) by giving them decent damage and a fast cast/recharge.
    That would resolve NT single-target damage disparity across all TLs in a way which can't be influenced by +%dd or +damage, so is easily balanced.

Consider this my parting wisdom until this matter is resolved, because my NT is broken and there are pretty girls outside wearing summer clothes.
    Last edited by Nanofat; Jun 27th, 2014 at 07:59:26.

^ about the pretty girls... Be careful mate, those sunglasses are a dangerous tool. A 3/10 in sunglasses could appear to the average male at around a 8 or 9/10
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

our nt professional has tried to comunicate with dev team ?

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    our nt professional has tried to comunicate with dev team?
    That's a pretty safe bet. The question is: When/If he will be allowed to post the answers to his questions.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

If there were any answers

Come roll a jedi guardian or sentinel!

Genele: was more reasonable to make it useless for a couple of patches after all that abuse
    - ignore a bug several years old
    - when a few players find a way to reproduce and abuse it daily - don't punish them
    - make a statement saying that using it is not an exploit/abuse
    - instead of fixing the bug they remove a profession's vital nano without any compensation to punish every player with a tl7 nt regardless of using it or not

GG funcom, wonder how long before this post "vanishes" again.

Pafpuf, where was that quote taken from?

Poor atempt at humor i think, from her side.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Poor because there's more truth than joke in it.

spoke to Macro/Genele in new land desert about this "new nano". Genele confirmed it will be modified in the 18.7 patch, but the changes she wanted weren't doable at this point. So nt's can go back to nuking inf spirit rooms until that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    - ignore a bug several years old
    - when a few players find a way to reproduce and abuse it daily - don't punish them
    - make a statement saying that using it is not an exploit/abuse
    - instead of fixing the bug they remove a profession's vital nano without any compensation to punish every player with a tl7 nt regardless of using it or not

GG funcom, wonder how long before this post "vanishes" again.
    - abusing of NT's toolkit to piss clans until they leaved
    - posting video about clans using the same trick
    - then whining cause devs did the only fix they could do for the moment

GG!
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Quote Originally Posted by drakio View Post
    Well omni used it to so plz quiet ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Crattia View Post
    Well omni used it to so plz quiet ;p
    i know it very well, as im not surprised of the Genele's answer to paf (the official whiner of his org)
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Quote Originally Posted by drakio View Post
    - abusing of NT's toolkit to piss clans until they leaved
    - then whining cause devs did the only fix they could do for the moment

GG!
    Yes let's lump all NTs together, instead of considering there might be plenty of people who didn't abuse this mechanic but still have to suffer the same punishment for something they had no part in.
    :E

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast