Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Garuk's Improved Viral Assault

Surely that should be an improved EC.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Can you clarify the scaling a bit, will it scale depending on which DoT you use or just the MC scaling ? If it does the same damage regardless of DoT running AI dots will yet again become worthless.
    Scaling damage as pr the original numbers, a.e. only based on how much MC you have. Yes, this does make the DOTs go out of style again, but they were never any good to begin with, so I'd rather take this thing, spamming boil blood or whatever and wait for the more intimidating/interesting changes that are coming with 18.7, such as deck becoming a weapon and so on and so forth. None of which is available in the beta client so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    So, basically, it's castable now, but the dmg remains pretty gimpy. Still a heavy nerf compared to the original version, but at least it's useable.

Masta, is there any way to increase the minimum dmg or add an additional effect? An AAO Debuff maybe? A little stun? -Heal effi or -%nano? Or a self-buff with e.g. 10sec for +%nano dmg or regular add dmg?

I'd love to see a 33% increase on the min dmg and a self-only buff for +200add-dmg with a 10s duration.
    Would make the nuke's dd ok and if you keep chaining it you'll raise your regular dmg, too.
    I did make the case for extra damage at the very start of it. The 9 sec recharge is a pvp thing. Apparently a 6 sec recharge would put it at DM levels of DPM, but Genele did say that the damage and other stuff were unlikely to be touched upon as they slot in with other changes in future and doing it over too many times is wasting precious dev time.

I think we should just go with the slight buff that it no longer requires AI dots and wait... at least something actually happened
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    Any idea on when this will go live?
    Sorry, no. Check Genele's july update for the latest info.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I just logged back in after 2 months.
    I've heard the talk about DM being "fixed" or "broken", depending on who you ask.

My reaction when I saw it on my NT: "what. the. actual. f....?????!!!"

I mean... what???? 3000MC? I'm at 2146 right now in per reset, but I KNOW that I've never even been close to 3000 in my normal setup. Let alone 3400.
    That's one thing. And then.... Attack Speed.... 7.50seconds.... that the f... .again.
    DM was awesome because it actually allowed me to land nukes in raid situations with SI + DM running. Normal nukes made me nuke corpses a lot of times.

Seriously. DM is what have made me like the NT profession ever since the nuke came out. Now I'm set back to 2007 with hitting the same button over and over. Wow. Just. WOW.

*slowclap*

You know Funcom........ I am really, really disappointed in you. Can't even put words to it.
    This really cuts deep. Why do I even bother to support you and talk warmly about your company to my friends?
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    So we worked this out; the next version will have:

1.25 sec uncapped cast time
    1 sec recharge
    9 sec cooldown
    Require 2001 MC to cast
    Require any one of these nanos running on target https://aoitems.com/nano/strain/8/

The scaling stuff will remain identical, a.e. it won't do any scaling damage based on MC unless you have some insane stats, and await the launch of the other NT changes.
    Well i guess its better than not being able to cast it at all. Might consider not letting my account freeze if this gets patched in soon.

Thanks for working on this to get us something at least workable Masta !

If the dmg is close to what it was and they kept the linking to running dots, the change will be bearable.
    Why not care about what dot is running looks a little goofy to me... lots of consequences there.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    Why not care about what dot is running looks a little goofy to me... lots of consequences there.
    QL 4 DoT nano becoming an essential part of an endgame NT's offensive toolkit, I chuckled a bit

Is the cool down on target or on NT ?

If it is on target it could be massively interesting with boil blood.

It would even make sense in the way that it would make NT's damage goes up nicely against multi-target which is a feature we always had with kiting.

Would be hella fun. NTs would have a nice niche DPS role for teams then : blast these adds quick and dirty.
    Last edited by Djiax; Jul 3rd, 2014 at 15:41:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    QL 4 DoT nano becoming an essential part of an endgame NT's offensive toolkit, I chuckled a bit

Funny how we went from needing all the buffs + gear available while gimping ourselves to barely manage squeeking a useless nano to using a ql 4 dot . They bipolar or something?
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Hey masta, i just though of something that would serve us well until they get 18.7 out.

How about downscaling those damage tiers down 1k so they start to work at 2.1k skill and up to 2.4k?
    That way it should not impact on pvp that much compared to if the lower the cooldown and it would also benefit leveling nt's from 215 and up and give us a small boost of dd when you hit the top tier making it almost dm-like, lower still but better than it is now.

And since they already lowered the skill of the nano from 3k to 2k i really don't see this change taking to much time to do, if they use that as an excuse, it's not like it's a mayor redesign

Please rub Genele the right way
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post

Thats a story for another time mate
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Works just fine for most humans, so it might be worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Hey masta, i just though of something that would serve us well until they get 18.7 out.

How about downscaling those damage tiers down 1k so they start to work at 2.1k skill and up to 2.4k?
    That way it should not impact on pvp that much compared to if the lower the cooldown and it would also benefit leveling nt's from 215 and up and give us a small boost of dd when you hit the top tier making it almost dm-like, lower still but better than it is now.

And since they already lowered the skill of the nano from 3k to 2k i really don't see this change taking to much time to do, if they use that as an excuse, it's not like it's a mayor redesign

Yeah, but she said it wasn't going to be touched. Apparently touching that kind of stuff is more problematic than the other stuff... I don't know why
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post

It would even make sense in the way that it would make NT's damage goes up nicely against multi-target which is a feature we always had with kiting.

Would be hella fun. NTs would have a nice niche DPS role for teams then : blast these adds quick and dirty.
    Cooldown is on NT.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post

Nice idea in theory but I don't see where this would be viable. Most mobs in this game have hp so high that a 6k nuke every 9 seconds would barely go noticed. For the lower hp mobs, such as aliens, VE or cataclysm would still be better dps on clusters of like 7+ mobs without the hassle of having to tab every mob.

Yeah, but she said it wasn't going to be touched. Apparently touching that kind of stuff is more problematic than the other stuff... I don't know why
    Yup, AO is the only game where changing a simple number value takes a whole team and between a few months and forever to change. Pretty enigmatic.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Jul 4th, 2014 at 13:52:56.

I think we should just go with the slight buff that it no longer requires AI dots and wait...
    That's not actually true.

Your main dmg is still going to come from IU now without the "burst" dmg from DM. Which means you will still need to cast DoT's to get dmg from IU.

I'm gonna repost something I wrote on monthly update.

On test the reworked nano is basically a faster cast longer recharge Izzy Ultimatum. Some times on test dummies it can hit 10-12k but just as often it will hit for 8k while IU can hit 9-10k. So you basically get Garuk, IU, IU, - Garuk, IU, IU, all doing relatively same dmg. DM could get hits 19-22, that won't happen with Garuk unless you can get really high MC to crest the scaling dmg around 3k. ***Add in CBx3 also.

Without DoT running IU dmg drops like a rock.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Greatly underpowered nano.
    It's better that nothing but a big letdown compared to DM :\

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    That's not actually true.

Your main dmg is still going to come from IU now without the "burst" dmg from DM. Which means you will still need to cast DoT's to get dmg from IU.

I'm gonna repost something I wrote on monthly update.

On test the reworked nano is basically a faster cast longer recharge Izzy Ultimatum. Some times on test dummies it can hit 10-12k but just as often it will hit for 8k while IU can hit 9-10k. So you basically get Garuk, IU, IU, - Garuk, IU, IU, all doing relatively same dmg. DM could get hits 19-22, that won't happen with Garuk unless you can get really high MC to crest the scaling dmg around 3k. ***Add in CBx3 also.

Without DoT running IU dmg drops like a rock.
    Theoretically perfect damage, capping all casts over a 72 second period (2 casts of SI, because doing 1 min is impractical) is as follows, without any damage modifiers:

115,824 - 214,800 - IU alone over 72 seconds - 24 casts.

175,337 - 296,953 - with SI running, 72 seconds, 2 casts of SI, 7 casts of GIVA and 19 casts of IU.

150,322- 239,318 - with SI + CB, 72 secs, 2 SI, 6 CB, 5 GIVA, 14 IU

143,346 - 272,100 - without SI, 72 seconds, 2 casts of Corruption, 7 casts of GIVA and 21 casts of IU.

239,130 - 366,132 - previously, with SI and DM. 72 secs, 2 SI, 22 IU and 7 DM.

Perfect, only in laboratory conditions. In reality you can probably subtract 1 cast of the special nukes pr. round, and probably 1 IU. So a damage reduction of about 10% from the perfect.

New here is that our speed condition has improved vastly, from just IU to IU + Corruption and GIVA, there's a pretty significant step up in damage, both minimum and potential max.

But as is clear, the general damage output has had a pretty significant reduction, going from around 240k minimum to 175k minimum over 72 seconds.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jul 11th, 2014 at 10:43:16.
    The Red Brotherhood

Time to try all these scenario on a max AC dummy with dmg dump running to factor in the lag / real timing . By the way I doubt you need more then one CB in most cases and the refresh is just 1 CB before that the minute runs out. Or so I remember ? So 2 CB or 4 in worst cases are enough.

I wonder how significant is the boost for PvP tho, especially on a prog overloaded routine CB + ql4 DoT + Garuk + Double + AI perks burst. Am I wrong that it could alpha a lot of stuff within 2.5 seconds after just 4 sec of prep ?

Anyway, for PvE this looks so much like a huge nerf anyway you look at it. I am glad I don't have my paid account activated.
    Last edited by Djiax; Jul 11th, 2014 at 14:10:59.

But as is clear, the general damage output has had a pretty significant reduction, going from around 240k minimum to 175k minimum over 72 seconds.
    Now taking this in...the only POTENTIAL bright side is something that we don't have regularly, 3k+ MC skill. No remotely future date when that will even be possible self buffed. So our solo pvm was hammered and we are now back to double/triple nuke machines in pvp strictly off focus.

Now IF the new nano changes from rebalance go into effect (starter nuke, special nuke, finisher nuke, or what ever they are called) where we have multiple local cooldowns on nanos...I could optimistically see POTENTIAL possibilities. But I won't hold my breath.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Reasonable I guess. Still needs more opness for pvm in my opinion. Viable in pvp for sure though, I just hope it stays with these DoTs, and not just AI DoTs.
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast