Hey guys, this is the brother of platy who has been thinking about getting an acount.
Now when i first saw AO, the first thing that jumped into my head was roleplaying and opening up my own shop, when i found out that i couldn't do this i was a bit upset
Now i have been thinking about this for a while.. what it takes to have a player owned shop, what we can work with in the AO world allready to make it happen etc.
And i have come up with this...
First off, the tower loacation map thing - where you can only build controllers in a certain point. Well you could only have 1 shop open per point. And would have to pay rent or somthing like that to keep it open.
How to display the items... well, you know those spinning information trinagles posted commonly around newbie areas? and the same ones abouve mission terminals. Anyway, they display information.. they are links to item/player references right? well, you could make them linked to a list of items... like a list of items for sale right?
For example.. say a player walks into a store, they want to buy a peice of armor, so they walk up to the image of the armor, shift left click on the spinning info triangle above it.. scroll through to see what items the player has for sale (which would have been entered in by him/her - being the shop owner earlier).. finds the item they want.
Then they walk over to the P L A Y E R who is sitting happily at their desk eagerly awaiting a sale, and then say.. i would like this peice of armor... so and so which they found in the triangle box.
The player says: certainly, opens a trade with the shopper, drops the item in, waits for the money to be typed in by the player, they do a trade. and everybody's happy.
This could be great, and not only items have to be sold this way, it could be some seedy back ally information trade or somthing... you could sell rare ql200+ items and stuff this way.
It's much better than a forum i think.

So what do you guys think?