Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AO Community: How would you regulate Multibox?

Removing assist would mean that you'd have to redesign pretty much the whole game, or large scale (by AO's standard) battles will never ever end. 10 healers in an RI+AOE heals+sb's, blockers and whatnot.

Ppl won't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    Removing assist would mean that you'd have to redesign pretty much the whole game, or large scale (by AO's standard) battles will never ever end. 10 healers in an RI+AOE heals+sb's, blockers and whatnot.

Ppl won't die.
    You know, back in like 2004-2006 period we had NW battles that could last hours without even turning to PvT because both blobs were huge enough and people died slow enough.
    And you know what? It was super interesting and entertaining. And lots of people without PvP experience joined those because they didn't instadied over and over again and could try different approaches and moves to at least learn things up.

I'm sure all oldies will support me on this one.

P.S. cap was 40% back in those days
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    You know, back in like 2004-2006 period we had NW battles that could last hours without even turning to PvT because both blobs were huge enough and people died slow enough.
    And you know what? It was super interesting and entertaining. And lots of people without PvP experience joined those because they didn't instadied over and over again and could try different approaches and moves to at least learn things up.

I'm not sure when i did my first mass pvp, I think 2006 and I was mainly a pvmer, but it was definately more interesting, I remember alot of CC happening in that time as well

removing assist will do wonders.

An MB will have a very difficult time selecting targets accurately, and will result in a lot more spam with much lower concentrated fire.

However, MB will still completely dominate low # fights.

For example, one 6 box vs 3 real players would be very tough to survive the nuke/AS spam simply because there would be many fewer targets.

I can see here that having pets would be a very important part of messing up a box.

Just to add to those old NW days. I very clearly remember one of those such battles in mort. Literally hundreds of players blobbed forced to walk at each other due to CC. Took 15min for the attack to begin after both sides starting walking and the battle took over an hour easily due to soldier reflects being OP back then. THE entire time there were opposing ma and agent picking off each others here from the sides and back, but people were having fun taking their turn on the outaide edge and ranking up front.

Good times. Again I say remove assist!
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Tinypain View Post
    Just to add to those old NW days. I very clearly remember one of those such battles in mort. Literally hundreds of players blobbed forced to walk at each other due to CC. Took 15min for the attack to begin after both sides starting walking and the battle took over an hour easily due to soldier reflects being OP back then. THE entire time there were opposing ma and agent picking off each others here from the sides and back, but people were having fun taking their turn on the outaide edge and ranking up front.

Good times. Again I say remove assist!
    I too have fond memories of crazy large NW battles where many people don't even have sided map upgrades yet, and so few people actually understand what's going on... ya, I have some fond memories of the big battles too, in fact it was that that really got me hooked on AO.

I have the same memories. Can anyone say that they prefer to sit and wait for 20 min, rush other side and die or live within 3 min. Compared to a prolonged fight where you might actually be able to fully deploy your tool set.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

++ for removing assist...miss those epic fights back then. Not sure tho if it helps against MBs..with those programs they just Tab all at the same time the same Target i think
    220/30/70 Atrox Soldier ..::.. Experienced Hunter Shoorty Fearme Movie 1 2 3
    220/30/70 Nanomage Agent ..::.. Neophyte Prince Fedez
    150/20/42 Atrox Enforcer ..::.. Rookie Duel Pheddex Please

- SEMPER FIDELIS -

Wtb long fights, does 0 against mboxing. But i still want it so ... Fighting foreva!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

First of all - remove /follow entirely. You want to do content - do it by yourself non afk. Kite hill lovers won't be affected.
    Then - remove assist. It will actually make people pay attention as they should while playing AO. 1-button half-cheat mode like assist just makes things easy. Any content will still be doable without assist at all, will it be PvM or PvP situation.
    If assist will be removed - then it might make many things alot more challenging (especially mass PvP) without touching content itself or hardly reworking it.

No need to touch GRACE, since its pure FC's income and they need it to keep AO alive. No need to touch other game mechanics.

Of course, HKN still gives a chance to MB content without assist and follow, but it makes things much much more harder to do.

Those who will be against assist and follow removal - please provide real arguments against it. But don't say that content will be impossible to do or something like that. If you don't know which mob to kill - then examine and learn specific content or learn how to act as a real team with other team members first.
    QFT.
    Scratch my last idea with grenade 'n ****. This is much better.

Ppl won't die.
    Tanky targets who are teamed with crat, engi, adv, keeper and docs, would be tougher to take out, yes. But the gimps & squishies will die fast. And once the difference in blob size is big enough, one side will quickly start to run over the other side. OS & Airstrikes will also make a huge difference.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Ppl won't die.
    Imagine that, something you can't instantly pay2win out of. How tedious!

Ppl died in masses then. But there were so many. It kept going till ppl got back. But that's something different.

But hey. I'm not ig. Try whatever as far as I'm concerned.

Phare...I'm not sure if your ego prevents you from recollecting properly, or you're just hoping if you say it enough it'll be true. I've seen get dropped hard by omni. You're not invincible, I'd say you're profoundly retarded and a complete ****ing idiot though. You take those as compliments if you'd like. Didn't clan just hit 0%? DI on holiday or just steady losing shared accounts enough they can't log in?

Not like anyone ever bothers reading his posts beyond the first sentence.

+1 for removing assist

Btw, won't removing assist make certain pvm raids a big mess and considerably harder/more tedious?

Btw, won't removing assist make certain pvm raids a big mess and considerably harder/more tedious?
    Only one that would take a major hit is Informant, and well... Who cares?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast