Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Compilation of material related to the upcoming graphics engine

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    not all of us have credit cards you know:P
    That's why you can pay by cash ^^
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Example of New/Old texturesnew is on testlive)

Guards in Old Athens (New/Old):

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    ... , almost 3 years?...
    Go have a quick little look at how long it takes them to make the MMOs "development time" is what you need to search for.
    Then from the MMO list see how tiny AO is.

Finally, you can be thankful that they aren't designing a new game or redesigning the whole thing because it is happening rapidly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    ...The new engine project is really starting to look ...
    ... really, really good. I will keep loitering and they have my confidence.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Huge marketing campaigns cost huge money. Not going to happen. Printing discs costs money, prolly not gonna happen. Small marketing campaign online consisting of interviews and some banners and videos, free-week reactivate to old players and 10$/€ all expansion deals? More likely.
    Also, what do you want timecards for? You can pay by cash if you want to or live in one of those weird countries where they don't want to give out creditcards.
    Nevermind, there seems to be a new payment method which works for me...
    Last edited by castaras; Feb 18th, 2010 at 23:13:46.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Some of the redrawn armors currently on TestLive. Old left, new right.

http://snake-oil.eu/temp/ao/newflowerstech.jpg

http://snake-oil.eu/temp/ao/newyellowflowers.jpg

http://snake-oil.eu/temp/ao/newomnimed.jpg

Sorry about the omnimed quality, that's the only screenshot I could find in recent times of someone wearing it, and the test live guard was aggro...

Edit: Realised that the screenshots were a bit too large for forum usage (1200px height) made "thumbnails". Hit link for full image. Small image is highly compressed jpg and not representative of full quality.

All images taken at 1920x1200 with 8x Anti-Aliasing, 16x Anisotropic Filtering, and texture filtering set to high quality.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Feb 19th, 2010 at 05:14:21.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Excellent job taking the time to compile all of this information into one thread & adding new stuff as it is discovered.

Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Talking

droools, great compilation

They need to put the sleeves back on those armours... the sleeveless wifebeater look is... :/
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

February 26th:

Additional pic of the new engine, showing new lighting effects (likely turned way up):

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...4&d=1267193918

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    February 26th:

Additional pic of the new engine, showing new lighting effects (likely turned way up):

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...4&d=1267193918
    Not turned up, looks like god rays enabled and all sorts of cool stuff. It's bright coz the sun is high-right, and a fair representation of effect.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    They need to put the sleeves back on those armours... the sleeveless wifebeater look is... :/
    I don't really like the armor plating on the legs. I liked the old style better. Still looks good though.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

looks like the sunray pic was enhanced to show the light beaming down t the edge of the shadows. done so they could show the real time shadow creation. Also you can see that the items in the pic are casting shadows as well. Looks really good for a proof of lighting/shadow.

Also its not in Tir witch is stellar :P

Looking forward to some full screen movies showing AA/AF preformance and "rounding" so the models arent so jagged.
    Deadly Whispers member since 2005
    Deadly Whispers President since 2010

Opinions are like butts - everyone has one and they all stink

Quote Originally Posted by mammothtruk View Post
    Not in Tir? That looks exactly like the mess Tir is to me.
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

West Athens

Oh, West Athen? That explains it, it looks just as big of a mess as Tir to me!
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

March 19th, 2010

Atrox head shown inside the new engine:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...3&d=1269016147

Is it just me, or do the helmets still look terrible?

I like the armor repaints for the most part, but dammit; the helmets just look awful to me lol.

The omnimed is okay, I think. But the flowers tech or w/e that is.... I dunno, I just never liked them. XD
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by mammothtruk View Post
    looks like the sunray pic was enhanced to show the light beaming down t the edge of the shadows. done so they could show the real time shadow creation. Also you can see that the items in the pic are casting shadows as well. Looks really good for a proof of lighting/shadow.

Looking forward to some full screen movies showing AA/AF preformance and "rounding" so the models arent so jagged.
    The shot was not enhanced. The sunray is cast from the sun in addition to the dynamic shadowing. You can see the same effect in action in this screenshot of AoC ( http://media.photobucket.com/image/a...eaxle/Dx10.jpg)

I personally think, that the biggest visual boost will come from bumpmapping, proper gloss map rendering, phong shading (since AO was using Gouraud shading from DX7), dynamic shadows, shinies (water, grass) and for the very very strong machines SSAO (if they get it to work).

Cheers,
    Waldgeist

well thats very cool then. just a bad angle as it was extremely bright
    Deadly Whispers member since 2005
    Deadly Whispers President since 2010

Opinions are like butts - everyone has one and they all stink

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast