Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Garuk's Improved Viral Assault

Garuk's Improved Viral Assault on LIVE shortly (DM replacement)

Detonation Matrix has been completely altered and is now called "Garuk's Improved Viral Assault". This nano formula can be used without wielding a cyberdeck (However, the nanodeck will still be required) and the damage dealt by this nano formula will scale with the Nano-Technician's Mat. Crea. skill.

I got this from Genele on test:

Damage 6800-13600 if On Caster: Matter Crea from 3400
    Damage 6600-13200 if On Caster: Matter Crea below 3400 and Matter Crea from 3300
    Damage 6400-12800 if On Caster: Matter Crea below 3300 and Matter Crea from 3200
    Damage 6200-12400 if On Caster: Matter Crea below 3200 and Matter Crea from 3100
    Damage 6000-12000 if On Caster: Matter Crea below 3100

Requirements: Use: On Self: Wielding Profession Nanodeck. and Matter Crea from 3000 and Nano-Technician

[Social] Genele: Speed: Attack 7.50s Recharge 5.50s
    [Social] Genele: capped at 2 sec cast
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jun 19th, 2014 at 18:56:51.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Seems like we'll have to twink up a bit, also no more 30% nuke in pvp.

Not sure what to think about it, i'll have to look it over a bit, but setups sure need to change to get that much skill, mine at least

Yes you can use guns or whatever with it, but not sure if it's worth it with interrupts and stuff.

(casting) Caps are crap, i hate those.
    We need LESS nanos with caps, not more! In a raid with mobs dropping like flies caps just don't work. Nuking a corpse is meaningless.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jun 21st, 2014 at 09:07:30.

Why is the scaling done in a MC skill range noone will ever have...

Looks like that 3 is a 2...

Do these people know anything about AO ?

How can you type 3000 MC 5 times not realising its a mistake..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Whats the point of this nano?

On paper its almost worse than candycane without any add all damage or nano damage % , not to mention atleast 1 lost weapon hit per cast at 1.2k damage(just a quick number, could be more or less depending on weapon) means you need 3.1k+ MC just to out damage Candycane at all .

The moment you add 200+ add damage to your setup Garuk's Improved Viral Assault becomes worse all together.

nano % doesn't save it much either considering both nanos benefit from it nearly the same given Candycane's near 2 times speed.

If I missed something please tell me since I would love to be wrong about this.

IU:
    4826-8950 every 3 seconds = 1608-2983 dmg/sec

Garuk with 3400 MC (haha):
    6800-13600 every 7,5 seconds = 906-1813 dmg/sec

Why would anyone bother casting it?

We are losing:
    1) quick damage - if we assist in raid, we will just hit dead bodies (SI+DM was faster than IU or this joke)
    2) spike damage in pvp needed to kill healers
    3) reason to cast SI

Removing all % hits from DM and making it hit always for fixed damage would fix all problems with towers, but no, someone with zero creativity had to design this s..t.

BTW original version of this nuke from NT Nano Doc (April 2011):

Target Hit Healt: Damage Type of Weapon -6000 -12000 If Matter Creation is 3000-3099
    Target Hit Healt: Damage Type of Weapon -6200 -12400 If Matter Creation is 3100-3199
    Target Hit Healt: Damage Type of Weapon -6400 -12800 If Matter Creation is 3200-3299
    Target Hit Healt: Damage Type of Weapon -6600 -13200 If Matter Creation is 3300-3399
    Target Hit Healt: Damage Type of Weapon -6800 -13600 If Matter Creation is 3400+
    Self Cast Nano Burst Checker If User wields Cyberdeck Basic

1,25 attack time, 1 s recharge, 4 s cooldown.

So instead of fast high damage nuke with interesting Nano Burst mechanics we got slow boring low damage one without any special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Seems like we'll have to twink up a bit, also no more 30% nuke in pvp.

Not sure what to think about it, i'll have to look it over a bit, but setups sure need to change to get that much skill, mine at least

Yes you can use guns or whatever with it, but not sure if it's worth it with interrupts and stuff.

(casting) Caps are crap, i hate those.
    I just logged my NT on test and it's only sitting in at 2286 MC using def utils/huds, nanodeck, 5 pieces of scouts and alphas perked for max mc. That's a pretty big amount to make up and will really change the setup.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    I just logged my NT on test and it's only sitting in at 2286 MC using def utils/huds, nanodeck, 5 pieces of scouts and alphas perked for max mc. That's a pretty big amount to make up and will really change the setup.
    Nanomage NT on Test (no org benefits) using this setup, 2547 MC. 100 more from Nano Doctorate, 140 from mochams, 152 from umbral. That still only comes out to 2939. That's with gaunt buff, so some trickle from that. +9 abilities from city, extra 2 trickle there, and +39 nanoskills. That's still only 2980, so can't even cast the nano at all, even with all that. edit: +25 from infused nano enhancer, +20 from xan nano NCUs, +60 from changing chest/helm to CS, that's another 105, giving 3085. Castable, woo!

Is there anyone that has 3k+ MC?

edit 2: auno's nuke table with enough inits to cap cast time at 0% agg/def (I used my test NT's nano init, 3146) and a target AC of 10000 with no extra nanodamage or +damage gives IU a DPS of 2129. A capped cast time 3400+ GIVA that always hits for max damage (13600) has a DPS of 1813. That's assuming just spamming the 2 nanos, of course, so DPM won't be great (120-130k-ish). Does Funcom even play this game?
    Last edited by Esssch; Jun 20th, 2014 at 02:49:41.

well, you know who to thank for that one. give it up!

Will need to take a look at the actual nano before making up my opinion, but I have to admit that based on Nanoforcer's post I am not impressed.

:edit:
    So, logged on to TestLive and indeed I am not impressed. 3k are virtually uncreachable. Even in a teamed situation with MP and Traders a NT will be hard pressed to reach those 3k.
    At the very least, a very hefty MC upgrade for Izgimmer's Hippocampal Augmentor would be needed, as well as an improvement of the Notum Siphon perk line. Most professions get 200 weapon skills within 10 perks. For NTs to currently get get +200MC from perks alone, you need to invest 30 SL perks... Would be nice if NS could be adjusted to reflect that.

With those changes the new DM might be castable. Sadly, there are still a lot of other things that prevent usage.
    The recharge with the current game mechanics, for one, is impractical and actually makes it worthless. You could cast 2 IUs in during that recharge and 3 IU > 1 DMnew.
    Setting the recharge to 0.1secs like the live DM would solve that, when paired with a local lockout.

Lastly, Genele, please don't forget the role that DM (and SI) have played in the toolset of defensive focus pvp NTs. Killing or even getting close to killing a competent doc or enf is impossible without it.
    Last edited by sannz; Jun 20th, 2014 at 10:17:48. Reason: added content
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

So another exploit they don't know how to fix and work around it in a terrible way. It should be insta cast and recharge like DM the very LEAST. Terrible dmg too, gl alphaing people in pvp def NTs.

Also incredibly embarassing they got 3 instead of a 2.
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

To go about it from another angle, just fix DM so it works like every other pvp nano by changing for what it looks for, it it's a player or a mob.

these 2 nanos work just fine in pvp so just use the pvp checks of those to fix DM.

trader grand theft humidity:
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=275701

doctor malpractice:
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=275701

You clearly screwed up the 30% pvp check on detonation matrix, but so what? FIX IT.
    The nano itself is good in both pvp and pvm so don't replace it by something that's lower dps that the top sl nuke and have retarded criterias to cast.

Or have you replaced the coding staff / person with a bunch of monkeys?
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jun 21st, 2014 at 09:10:46.

Seems like a pretty useless nano if it's not somehow introducable into the general casting chain. Which I guess it isn't with those huge recharge times and stuff.
    I mean, combined with the weapon we'll all be getting with 18.7, maybe it'll work, and who knows if the numbers are final?

3400 MC is pretty steep as well, but I dunno what'll happen with the changes being made to nanos to make them all scale via MC.

Not that I disagree on nerfing a lot of things like damageoutput, just NTs don't seem to be the best place to start when nerfing damage
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    well, you know who to thank for that one. give it up!
    Is it the 5 MB NTs !?!?
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Kinda sad to see how much AO dev's know bout this game... Making totally useless nano that has nanoskills requirements that are impossible to reach self buffed

This k7nda makes my CC pistol NT with candycane totaly awesome. Granted exploit is removed, NTs just need a 200% Nanodamage proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

If soldiers had all FA support removed on weapons and nanos but were compensated with a 100% fair DPS increase they would still scream to high heaven and not without justification. The actual numbers are pretty much meaningless at this point as we don't know how much damage will come from c-deck changes and other changes to nanos, so the only thing we can comment on is the fact that NTs lost an important "weapon special", why chose that solution? I feel obliged to invoke the wookie defense.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    trader grand theft humility:
    FTFY
    Last edited by Dogtrauma; Jun 20th, 2014 at 23:00:05.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Is it the 5 MB NTs !?!?
    ok. everyone knows but you. my apologies.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jun 21st, 2014 at 04:55:16.

Funcom are such a joke of a company, how can they have zero clue on their own game is beyond me.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast